Football Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess they'll need to expand the Euros again so that small teams like Scotland and Holland can qualify.

All of this is so extremely *censored*ing stupid and retarded as *Censored*. Iceland is winning this group. Ice *censored*ing land. THEY STILL PLAY WITH EIDUR GODDAMN GUDJOHNSEN AS A STARTER FFS

Mate, Van Persie...

Don't diss Ediur m8, was class for us last season.

Does Van Persie get filed into the Rooney category in terms of his international contribution?

Everybody hates him here for his lack of contribution in most games and his general attitude when he doesn't have the perfect game and now he's too old to be of much help, so he's just there now and people basically want to see him retire from the national team.

Is that Rooney-category?

Both are record scorers, both seem to be viewed unfavourably by the public, neither have done as much as they possibly could have in talented teams. Rooney isn't viewed in the same category by most as the likes of Charlton, Linekar, Hurst, Shearer etc. I imagined it's the same for RVP with the likes of Van Basten, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Cruyff etc.

On a random note, I find it weird Huntelaar is probably going to end up as the record scorer if Van Persie quits.

Rodney's biggest flaw is not scoring when it matters most for England. He broke the record and no one can say otherwise but his goal scoring record when England needed the most help is piss poor.

Most irratating thing is the fact England made him captain so he can have the worst season before a tournament and still be the first name on the sheet.

Also woo Wales! Went to the game tonight, was terrible, Andorra are awful. Atmosphere was insane

I dunno, he scored to get us out the group in Euro 2012 and was the leading scorer in our last 3-4 qualifying campaigns, I'd say they're pretty important.

N

I dunno, he scored to get us out the group in Euro 2012 and was the leading scorer in our last 3-4 qualifying campaigns, I'd say they're pretty important.

The last difficult qualifying group you had was the one you didn't qualify from. Your recent qualification groups have been a walk over.

I mean, Estonia, San Marino and Lituainia all in one group? And the Swiss aren't that good. You learn nothing from these qualifications and head into the Euros without playing a serious competitive game this year.

England U21 manager Gareth Southgate had initially played down the injury as "nothing too serious".

Makes you wonder what they had the physio's doing to come to that conclusion.

@Jlmmy_Rustle The guidance Liverpool received was that he had "a knock." It was their own medical dept who opted for a scan.

How do you manage to miss a serious ACL injury and deem it just a knock?

Both are record scorers, both seem to be viewed unfavourably by the public, neither have done as much as they possibly could have in talented teams. Rooney isn't viewed in the same category by most as the likes of Charlton, Linekar, Hurst, Shearer etc. I imagined it's the same for RVP with the likes of Van Basten, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Cruyff etc.

On a random note, I find it weird Huntelaar is probably going to end up as the record scorer if Van Persie quits.

Yep, Van Persie isn't in that category in the slightest. Turns out he's carrying on, he's got the record. Funny thing was that Huntelaar grabbed it from Kluivert first, then Huntelaar got injured and then Van Persie took over.

Wickham and Ward still not back, which is slightly irritating. Not too confident for the West Ham game, number tens have given us alot of problems and they arguably have the form player in that role, not including De Bruyne who we've already faced. Hopefully Cabaye does a job on them and we continue our strange rise up the league, racing for forty points.

Archived