Football Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Borini will be an easy sale as at around £7m that's pretty much a bargain for most sides in Serie A/BPL. Balotelli we'll have to hope somebody is willing enough to take a punt, a loan late on is probably likely.

Enrique not leaving worries me more. Literally 0 links to him.

You're rid of both now though, wouldn't be worrying about birthday and leaving messages. Leave that to the papers.

Really can't wait. Just over two days now. Pardew confirms Cabaye will play after he was feared to be a doubt, and Bolasie should be ready to make the bench. Just worry about his fitness since I don't think he's played more than 45 minutes of pre-season.

Rather gutted Coloccini has signed a new deal, and the fact he has kept the captaincy. Looks like we are done in the transfer window, not particularly sure what to think about what we've done. The signings we've made sound good enough, but a few more were needed as well. Can't see us doing too much this season, should still have more than enough to stay up as well.

Blessing for West Ham to be out of the Europa League really. Would be hilarious if they had ended up nearly/getting relegated just before moving into the Olympic Stadium.

Kinda gone under the radar but City's only have Aguero & Bony as recognised strikers now. Is Bony enough for when Aguero is inevitably injured? hmm. Probably be fine.

We've only got Rooney & Chicha now anyway.

De Gea won't start against Spurs, we actually letting him go then?............. No injuries, wants to build Rojo & Schweinsteiger's fitness before starting them.

City can have Balotelli if they want. Only £20m as well!

For real though, City's team is pretty *censored*ing shit. Just looked through it and it's pretty average apart from Aguero, Silva, Sterling, Toure, Zabaleta and Hart. They need a massive clearout of the deadwood/aging players and start again I think.

No Schweinsteiger, Rojo (understandable), Blind at CB, and no De Gea in goal is just as bad as any injury crisis, for one match at least. Wonder who will start as the keeper. Think it's gonna be Johnstone, he was decent in pre-season.

We got Club Brugge.

Luckily for you Spurs made a complete mess of their preparation for your game.

Predicted table:

City

Chelsea

United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Spurs

Stoke

Southampton

Newcastle

Everton

Palace

West Ham

Swansea

West Brom

Sunderland

Watford

Villa

Norwich

Bournemouth

Leicester

Think my worst prediction last year was Swansea to go down.

Salomon Rondon to West Brom, supposedly. That's class.

Here's my prediction that I wrote the other day.

Chelsea
Arsenal
United
City
Liverpool
Spurs
Swansea
Southampton
Stoke
Everton
West Ham
Newcastle
Crystal Palace
West Brom
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Bournemouth
Norwich
Leicester
Watford

Wow, Rondon would be a club record £15M. Feels like a striker in the Premier League build.

Does that mean Berahino will be gone though? Or will Lambert not be first 11?

Berahino is staying put, and is going to sign a new contract (hopefully). As for Lambert, he might not always be first choice, but he is still going to be ahead of Anicebe and Ideye in the pecking order (if they are still at the club by the end of the month).

Archived