Pre-Order Bonus Guesses

FightForPeace88

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I don't think they could ever run out of people to put in these games before wasting the space on celebrities. And wouldn't it cost more for their likeness anyway? For some reason I could see someone like Flo Rida wanting way more money than say Gangrel or Steve Blackman.

To the contrary, I could see someone like Flo Rida wanting to be in just to say he was in a video game. If memory serves me right, that's what happened with Fred Durst. They wanted to use his song "Rollin" and he said they could, but he wanted to be in the game.

Btw, I'd be perfectly okay with MGK being in the game...just so I could powerbomb him out of his shoes.

And yeah...Rousey would be cool as shit, but she probably has contracts with the UFC games department that lock her out of any such deal. Still, I would lose my shit for sure...or if WWE somehow still had rights to put Punk in a game, and did so just to piss him off.

Unfortunately I don't think they could ever run out of people to put in these games before wasting the space on celebrities. And wouldn't it cost more for their likeness anyway? For some reason I could see someone like Flo Rida wanting way more money than say Gangrel or Steve Blackman.

To the contrary, I could see someone like Flo Rida wanting to be in just to say he was in a video game. If memory serves me right, that's what happened with Fred Durst. They wanted to use his song "Rollin" and he said they could, but he wanted to be in the game.

Btw, I'd be perfectly okay with MGK being in the game...just so I could powerbomb him out of his shoes.

And yeah...Rousey would be cool as shit, but she probably has contracts with the UFC games department that lock her out of any such deal. Still, I would lose my shit for sure...or if WWE somehow still had rights to put Punk in a game, and did so just to piss him off.

Maybe they could make a deal? Brock Lesnar in an upcoming UFC game and Rousey (or Punk) in the WWE one?

Maybe they could make a deal? Brock Lesnar in an upcoming UFC game and Rousey (or Punk) in the WWE one?

Lesnar's deal allows him to make outside likeness deals already. That's how EA put him in their last UFC game.

https://youtu.be/AZTSahJxT0Q

Welp, it's official.

Out of all things... Why couldn't 2K just have made some wrestler like Samoa Joe or some other wrestler we never had before a pre-order bonus?

:facepalm:

Because it's not good for marketing. Samoa Joe or any "new" wrestler isn't the type of guy to be a main selling point to pre-order a game. What's more marketable, Arnold as the Terminator, or a wrestler who hasn't debut on TV yet and isn't a legend.

Welp, it's official.

Out of all things... Why couldn't 2K just have made some wrestler like Samoa Joe or some other wrestler we never had before a pre-order bonus?

Because it's not good for marketing. Samoa Joe or any "new" wrestler isn't the type of guy to be a main selling point to pre-order a game. What's more marketable, Arnold as the Terminator, or a wrestler who hasn't debut on TV yet and isn't a legend.

This is promote the latest Terminator film, nothing more WWE & 2K have made some kind of deal where the movie studio is paying them to make this choice

Look at it this way, this is the first time ever that Arnie has appeared in a WWE game. Would I have prefered a Wrestler? Hell yeah I would. But having Arnie in the game is also amazing. Still, I am not preordering until I've at least seen a chunk of gameplay footage.. and find out what features they've brought back.

This is a wrestling game though

Yeah, so? We had Limp Bizkit and freaking Zombies as playable characters in the past. What's wrong with a celebrity that's a WWE Hall of Famer? NBA 2K is basketball game and they had Justin Bieber and Snoop Dogg in their games. Speaking of Snoop, he was in a Tekken game as well.

Welp, it's official.

This is promote the latest Terminator film, nothing more WWE & 2K have made some kind of deal where the movie studio is paying them to make this choice

Maybe true, but Arnold has been involved with WWE before and is good friends with HHH and The Rock. Not to mention they had a Terminator tribute at Wrestlmania. So it's not a mindless crossover. Also having guess celebrities and actors in games isn't new and trend is getting bigger with games like Call of Duty and Metal Gear having well-known actors and celebs star in their games.

This is a wrestling game though

Yeah, so? We had Limp Bizkit and freaking Zombies as playable characters in the past. What's wrong with a celebrity that's a WWE Hall of Famer? NBA 2K is basketball game and they had Justin Bieber and Snoop Dogg in their games. Speaking of Snoop, he was in a Tekken game as well.

Welp, it's official.

Maybe true, but Arnold has been involved with WWE before and is good friends with HHH and The Rock. Not to mention they had a Terminator tribute at Wrestlmania. So it's not a mindless crossover. Also having guess celebrities and actors in games isn't new and trend is getting bigger with games like Call of Duty and Metal Gear having well-known actors and celebs star in their games.

Massive difference between a game based on fiction & a game based on real events that's introducing a fictional character though. Let's not forget were getting the Terminator not Arnie, can you imagine his ridiculous moveset? It's going to be powerslams, chokeslams & punches. Half expecting his finisher to involve home pulling out a mini gun

I think it's cool, makes sense since they inducted him in the Hall Of Fame this year. They were promoting his movie, even through Triple H's Mania entrance and I'm just glad it's not worse than the names on that survey.

Archived