2K posts about doubters in the "Largest Roster Ever" / No duplicates

Aqfitz

For anyone doubting the ”largest roster ever” tag line for WWE 2k16, let us you assure you, that we are bringing over 120 unique playable Superstars and Divas to the game. Now when we say unique, we’re not counting the repeats like 5 John Cena models, or 8 Mark Henry models. As you can imagine, these models are keeping us crazy busy, but it is worth it. #wwe2k16largestrosterever

dYlekuA.jpg

So it seems were not getting any duplicate slots this year

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope there are no damn repeats this year. It's truly ugly looking at the same name four times when I'm editing my Universe rosters. Besides that, this could potentially be the greatest one ever made, granted the new rights they have with the wrestlers they can include. There better be some good legends in here.

Over 120 playable characters before dlc and not counting duplicates?..Awesome

I REALLY wouldn't count on that.

Be like 40 DLC

OK. Now I'm worried we'll end up in a situation where separate characters like Cactus Jack, Dude Love & Mankind will all end up as alternate attires and we'll only be able to edit the entrance of the first one.

thats what i hated about HBK in 2K14. his one alt attire had the DX theme attached to it and we couldn't change it.

People are saying we are not getting duplicates this year, need to realise that what the WWE2K Dev guy said, he meant that we won't be getting pointless duplicates like in 2K15 e.g. 4 Randy Ortons, 3 Mark Henrys, 3 Alberto Del Rios etc.

No...he clearly says...no repeats. "Now when we say unique, we’re not counting the repeats like 5 John Cena models, or 8 Mark Henry models"

Food for worry: He didn't say anything about NPCs. Expect a normal sized roster while awesome people to have potentially used like Renee Young, J&J Security & Vince McMahon are locked away behind a wall.

Bye.

I dint think they mean npc's in the number since the 2k15 number is the total without npc's.

Food for worry: He didn't say anything about NPCs. Expect a normal sized roster while awesome people to have potentially used like Renee Young, J&J Security & Vince McMahon are locked away behind a wall.

Bye.

Nah I'll stay. It's still a legit concern. I remember people worrying we couldn't create divas last year, others told them it's be in, and was it?

Bye.
I dint think they mean npc's in the number since the 2k15 number is the total without npc's.
True. I'm still skeptical though.

Even if there are 10 NPC (maybe Vince, Steph, J&J Security, Renee Young, William Regal, etc.), that still gives us more than 110 unique models. Either way you put it, it is good news.

Even if there are 10 NPC (maybe Vince, Steph, J&J Security, Renee Young, William Regal, etc.), that still gives us more than 110 unique models. Either way you put it, it is good news.

Taking into account the backstage personalities for career mode, (GMs, trainers, etc) the people at ringside during the matches, (Commentators, the Ref, the Ring announcer, etc.) and managers I'd say we're getting little more than last year. I'd say about 100 in-game playables at the most.

Archived