Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Generations

Xbox: Games with Gold Topic (January added)

Already played Thief.. that game was underwhelming, not terrible though. Never heard of any of the others.

Really? I thought it was ridiculously boring. Played for about a hour and uninstalled it.

Wasn't years 2 already game for hold before

Oh...you were so close that time.

Maybe next time, slugger.

And, no...Gears 1, Gears Judgement, and Gears 3 were offered in the past.

Games for March:

N2pXH3f.png

Borderlands was already free with GWG for 360...and I got it, but I really didn't enjoy it one bit. Couldn't bring myself to view it as anything but a poor man's Fallout. I'll check out the two XBO games.

Edited by Generations

Yeah, I saw that it got pretty solid reviews. I'll probably download one of the two, immediately delete it, then download the other...just so I have them both activated as purchased. Running out of space on my One though. Desperately need an external hard drive now. Feeling like the Holmes game will get more play from me than the Lords of the Fallen one will.

I've never played a Borderlands game so I'm looking forward to that. Haven't been that impressed with the last couple of months offerings tbh.

Games for April added to main post...here they are again:

dAZqIQ4.png

Some truly great games this month. All four are worth having, tbh. Well...except maybe Saints Row, but I never played the fourth game, so I guess getting it free is better than paying even a dime for what looks like a truly absurd game. Still...I'm sure it will be at least a little fun, even if I've talked shit about it since the day it was released. Also never played Dead Space, aside from dabbling in the first hour or so.

Wish it was Saints Row 2. Everything after 2 was shit.

I'm glad it's IV, just because I've already played 1-3. But, yeah...SR3 was garbage and I never bothered to get IV, because it looked even more like garbage. Still, I'm happier with it being a game I don't already have.

I'll play it...for free. And I'll laugh at how much it sucks.

Edited by Generations

I didn't like saint rows until 3 actually, I vastly prefer Gta over the first SR, 3 and 4 tho? They offered something quite different.

That being said, if you didn't enjoyed SR3, you probably won't enjoy SR4

I didn't like saint rows until 3 actually, I vastly prefer Gta over the first SR, 3 and 4 tho? They offered something quite different.

That being said, if you didn't enjoyed SR3, you probably won't enjoy SR4

To the contrary, I've resolved that SRIV will be a piece of crap...so, unlike SR3, which took me by surprise in how much of a piece of shit that it was, I think I'll be okay with playing IV as a joke.

Edited by Generations

Games with Gold is so much better than PS+'s monthly games. Like, WAAAAAAAY better. Sheesh.

To be fair, ps3 kept killing 360 with em until this year.

At least Microsoft is giving full retail games on the One. PS+ will most likely be more indie crap for the 24th month in a row. Seriously I think the one retail game PS+ has had was Injustice Gods Among Us.

Games with Gold is so much better than PS+'s monthly games. Like, WAAAAAAAY better. Sheesh.

The 360 GWG promotion was pretty much a test run, wasn't it? I don't remember getting too many GWG games from 360. The promotion kind of took off when they put full support on the XBO.

The 360 GWG promotion was pretty much a test run, wasn't it? I don't remember getting too many GWG games from 360. The promotion kind of took off when they put full support on the XBO.

Yeah I believe so, I can't honestly remember.

Found this, don't care about value so much as the game itself, but yeah.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PlayStation_Plus_vs._Games_with_Gold_Comparison