Xbox: Games with Gold Topic (January added)

Generations

Started playing Sonic Racing, and it's actually great. I'm honestly leaning towards considering certain aspects of it to be better than Mario Kart. Even if it is a blatant ripoff in every single way, it still does some things better, IMO.

If Mario was the only one allowed to do kart racing where you throw shit at each other, no one on Xbox or PS would be able to play a Mario Kart styled game

and I for sure think it's better than Mario Kart, although the flying sucks dick on this game

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

although the flying sucks dick on this game

Disagree. I like the flying. That's one of the aspects that makes it better than Mario Kart for me. Mario Kart just has some brief gliding sections of the track that you sail across. This game has proper flying...and I like that a lot.

although the flying sucks dick on this game

Disagree. I like the flying. That's one of the aspects that makes it better than Mario Kart for me. Mario Kart just has some brief gliding sections of the track that you sail across. This game has proper flying...and I like that a lot.

I don't get it, it seems to randomly go the opposite way to where you're driving and everyone else is fast as shit compared to me only when flying

So it seems flying is "drive right and you go left" and it's confusing as shit

Have no idea what you're talking about. Flying steers the same as driving...it just feels more sensitive. Definitely doesn't turn the opposite of the direction you tell it to...

Mine does but I clicked "flight assistance", so maybe that does it

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't played VF in ages. Never played that one particularly. But man I have this Live account and barely even touch it. I'm not sure how many games I've missed over the months

It's funny because I had no idea how many games I got over the years until I borrowed my brothers Xbox One for the first time and saw that I had like 70 games from both 360, XB1, and even the original Xbox that were available for me to install. Coupled with the games I bought and the ones I've gotten since then and it's probably 100. I hope the next Microsoft console carries on that tradition.

• 4 weeks later...

Added video to main post, but here it is again:

I really need to commit to it this October and play the Dead Space games in honor of Halloween. I said I was going to do it last year when I had both Dead Space 1 and 2 for free from GWG...and now I have the third as well. :lol:

And that's just gonna make it more difficult for you adding a third game to that objective XD, but good luck. The consensus last I heard is Dead Space 3 ruined the series so brace yourself for that. I think in so many words they said EA RE6'ed it.

I've only played 1 myself and that's only because I was forced to. That was my uncle's thing, forcing, I'm sorry, "convincing" me to play survival horror games I'da never touched otherwise. I did have fun with it now that I'm looking back but I did noooooooot wanna play that creepy ass game. Even with a backpack full of weapons I often times felt defenseless.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

October:

I'm more interested in the 360 games this time around...though, I have always wondered about Overcooked and toyed with the idea of buying it. I know it's popular...but I don't really know if it's something I would personally like. Guess "free" is a good way to find out. In all, a pretty solid lineup of things I never played. Nothing overly exciting, but, I have mild interest in checking everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived