Xbox: Games with Gold Topic (January added)

Generations

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna take advantage of the gold for $1 offer right now but I think I'll wait till after the 1st. Deal is good through the 4th I think and if I do that I can get all the four games in January and then half the games for February. I already got all the games for this month except for Marlow Briggs, but I think I'll take a chance at what February has to offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't there some kind of warning against abusing regional games like that? I remember people telling me that I could effectively be kicked off XBL for doing that when I abused the region setting to get Zoo Tycoon for free.

Yes. Brother got banned on his xbox from it.

Changing the region to just get 1 free game just isnt worth the risk of losing your account. Id rather just buy the game if it is one I wanted.

Wasn't there some kind of warning against abusing regional games like that? I remember people telling me that I could effectively be kicked off XBL for doing that when I abused the region setting to get Zoo Tycoon for free.

Changing the region to just get 1 free game just isnt worth the risk of losing your account. Id rather just buy the game if it is one I wanted.

Tbf, when I skirted region locks to get Zoo Tycoon, I didn't actually change my Xbox account...I just went to the Japanese MS store on my PC, and I logged in with my regular xbox/windows account. From there, I literally just translated the page and clicked where it said to add the game to my queue, and it was right there on my console when I went to it. Perhaps they don't ban you when you do it that way. But...who knows.

Tbf, when I skirted region locks to get Zoo Tycoon, I didn't actually change my Xbox account...I just went to the Japanese MS store on my PC, and I logged in with my regular xbox/windows account. From there, I literally just translated the page and clicked where it said to add the game to my queue, and it was right there on my console when I went to it. Perhaps they don't ban you when you do it that way. But...who knows.

That be just sad if you got banned for that crappy zoo tycoon game

PS have been known to have shit games for years, which then got better for a few months but now they're shit again. Xbix recently though has died off a bit too

Xbox has great indy games...and an abundance of them. A lot of the games that they give with Gold are said indy games. I know that a lot of people bitch about anything indy related, but those are some of the best games. So, that's my take on that whole situation. Xbox gives higher rated games that are actually worth playing, because they have the awesome indy support to allow it. Like when they gave Slime Rancher for free...which turned out to be a pretty amazing game.

• 2 weeks later...

Big fat "meh" from me...but, I don't have any of those...so, that's a plus.

Also, I remember wanting Split Second when it came out, because I was a big Burnout fan...but never got it. Really, I don't have anything against these four games...I just don't have any real hype for them. Will be fun play some Crazy Taxi again (maybe)...and to check out what the other three games are all about (if I ever have time between the games I actually paid for...which I probably won't).

PS have been known to have shit games for years, which then got better for a few months but now they're shit again. Xbix recently though has died off a bit too

With Xbox though they are porting a ton of games from the 360 something PS4 probably wouldnt do without charging you.

^That shit sucks man. I feel that with PS if you like one game that came out long ago, like War of the Monsters on PS2, you would have to buy it again for every PS console that comes out like PS3, PS4, and probably PS5 when I already own the damn disc for the PS2. With Microsoft at least they don't fork you over like that. If you own one popular game from the original XBOX you can probably just pop in the disk and play it on the 360 and the Xbox One as well and probably the next Xbox that comes out.

With Xbox though they are porting a ton of games from the 360 something PS4 probably wouldnt do without charging you.

That's literally what they do lol. They have PS3 games playable on PS4 but it costs you £15 a month. Also you have to stream them, they don't DL to your console and save files don't carry over between them. So when I had a game on PS3, the saves wont work on the PS now version (or the other way round if you decide to actually buy the game)

Honestly if XB1 upped their game on their exclusives it would be a much better system than the PS4. I had both for a while and the PS4 bored me due to all the stuff I couldn't do on it. It was like someone dangling a big juicy steak from a rope at a starving dog, unless of course I was willing to fork over a bunch of $. With the XB1 I already had like 60 games ready for download from all the games with gold I accumulated throughout the life of my 360. Bottom line is at this point neither console is worth anywhere north of a $250 firm price range, especially not the ridiculously priced $300 for a 500gb PS4 non-pro.

That's literally what they do lol. They have PS3 games playable on PS4 but it costs you £15 a month. Also you have to stream them, they don't DL to your console and save files don't carry over between them. So when I had a game on PS3, the saves wont work on the PS now version (or the other way round if you decide to actually buy the game)

Yeah but its annoying. I hate having to rebuy stuff I already own.

Plus I want a game to play offline sometimes not have to have a internet connection to stream it.

Archived