Carlzilla's WWE2k15 Save Game Changer

Carlzilla

I wrote this small frontend to manage WWE2k15 saves.

WWE2k15%20Save%20Changer_zpsog9y8iqm.jpg

Basically it allows you to "switch memory cards" like back in the old ps2 days. It's not super advanced, and the save has a checksum that so far no one has been able to crack, so it doesn't allow you to copy guys from one save to another (use the CC for that)...but it does allow you to easily switch between say all Original created wrestlers and your ROH/Indy save...and with only 50 slots, I have a feeling I'm not the only person who doesn't like mixing themes regarding their created wrestlers.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafire.com/?kfo12x5hkn92c9g

When you first start it up, you'll have to select your "/Steam/userdata/<USER ID>/" folder. The program will find the "/Steam/userdata/" as long as steam is installed in the default location on a x64 OS. This means all you'll have to do is pick the correct USER ID directory. If your Steam is installed in a location other than the default, you'll have to find the directory yourself.

***Also, I've done plenty of testing, and it has always worked fine for me, but I'm not responsible if something screws up your save.***

Updated the program to include a "New Save" button. It does exactly what you'd expect it to do.

I also added a better catch to make sure that the right directory is selected at the beginning. This will hopefully keep the program from being able to do any accidental maliciousness to anyone's computer due to user error. It also has the unintentional result of making the program unusable by those using pirated copies of the game.

I'm working on adding support for custom themes injected with the excellent SoundInjector tool to be backed up along with with the save. Currently this works, but the file is ~900MB. I'm going to see about compressing it while it's not in use, but if it doesn't save that much space, I'll probably scrap the notion of compression and just make theme backup optional.

I really like the idea of being able to inject themes over the generic ones and not having to worry about them carrying over between saves though.

Compressing the entrance theme file saved a grand total of between 40-50MB...hardly worth the effort. So it'll be optional, with a warning that it will increase your save size by a considerable amount. New Version should be out soon(ish).

EDIT:

Updated version posted, you can now back up your music file if you made any changes to it. The program also has some more error catching to make everyone's life easier, so I recommend an update even if you don't use SoundInjector to add custom themes.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to allow for custom string.pac files to be backed up with the saves. This allows you to rename replaced theme music and have it stick with the save.

This update also informs the user that Steam needs to be in offline mode or WWE 2k15 needs to have "save to cloud" disable in order for the "new save" button to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated again. This update adds a status bar that shows which save is currently loaded. I realized that the drop down box isn't exactly accurate, and it might help some people stay better organized to have that information readily available. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Here's a new screenshot:

WWE2k15%20Save%20Changer_zpsgpwxrgoz.jpg

One more update...

I lost some movesets while switching between saves because I didn't back up before I switched, this lead me to think "what if the program auto-saved your current save upon exiting WWE 2k15?" so that's what it does now.

The program now stays open behind WWE2k15 checking to see if the user quit. Upon quitting it saves the current save information to the appropriate save directory. Because this does use a tiny bit of processing power every 5ish seconds to check for the game exiting (it really is incredibly minimal) I've made it optional. This way if you're using an older computer and you need literally all the processing power available, you can turn the feature off and the program will behave as it always did, exiting when you click run game.

Another update:

I have no idea what leads to the error that cause the game not to save, but I found a fool proof fix it seems, and I've worked the fix into my save swapper program...that way you can backup and restore your current save without loosing anything due to the fix. Because, strangely enough, it's not a file error despite that being what it seems like, so your save is completely restorable with minimal effort. You'll know this error because if you try to download anything from Community Creations it'll tell you that the content is damaged.

If you're wondering what the details are, basically it has to do with the fact that the game uses the Steam API to save data to your \userdata\...\ folder, and for whatever reason that function gets corrupted. The solution is to REMOVE the entire \...\userdata\[uSER ID]\240460\ folder from your machine and restart the game, forcing steam to recreate the directory. This has been working for users since the game launched, but it normally resulted in the loss of save data...with the Save Swapper, you don't have to lose anything when you apply the fix.

You can find the 'Fix Save Error' option in the tool drop down menu at the top of the program. It's pretty much automated, but you'll have to answer a question or two along the way.

Archived