TNA Makes Major Play for Former WWE Champion

classiq.

- Weve heard reports of TNA trying to sign Edge, Alberto El Patron (Alberto Del Rio) and CM Punk in the past year, and now theyve reportedly made a big play for another former WWE Champion Rey Mysterio.

TNA reportedly tried to sign Mysterio this past week as both Dixie Carter and John Gaburick spoke with him. They pushed the idea that they could get Reys merchandise into stores and open doors for him to do movies and TV work, and they would build around him as TNAs long sought after Mexican superstar. TNA was also willing to allow Rey to work anywhere else he wanted to on his off days.

Rey is still expected to sign with Lucha Underground soon.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/tna-makes-major-play-former-wwe-champion/

I don't see Rey leaving AAA/LU. And really? His face in a movie? With a mask? Come on!! Where's your head??

Aren't there any younger, cheaper and less injury prone Mexican superstars that they could build the company around? I like Mysterio but this is pretty dumb tbf.

Yeah, they already have Tigre Uno, Jay Rios and Cruz and all of them have been booked like shit. Tigre Uno gets a title shot once in a blue moon, but that's about it. I think he would've been big in the X-Division if he hadn't debuted around the same time as The Great Sanada.

- Weve heard reports of TNA trying to sign Edge, Alberto El Patron (Alberto Del Rio) and CM Punk in the past year, and now theyve reportedly made a big play for another former WWE Champion Rey Mysterio.

TNA reportedly tried to sign Mysterio this past week as both Dixie Carter and John Gaburick spoke with him. They pushed the idea that they could get Reys merchandise into stores and open doors for him to do movies and TV work, and they would build around him as TNAs long sought after Mexican superstar. TNA was also willing to allow Rey to work anywhere else he wanted to on his off days.

Really? lolololol

I don't know how things are in the US and other parts of Canada, but I personally haven't seen a TNA DVD in a store in years. And considering how they struggled to find a TV network after Spike kicked them off, and the subsequent reports about DA possibly cancelling TNA, I don't see Dixie getting him any TV/Movie work. Rey already has/can have all of those things in AAA. Plus, he has job security.

TNA has had multiple chances to sign/create a Mexican superstar. They f :censored: ked it up every time. Just look at all the talent they've had in over the years for the X Cups, and on talent exchanges. I mean, we are talking about a company that had Tanahashi and Okada on their roster and used them in throwaway matches.

Mysterio has nothing left to offer anyone, IMO. Kalisto is basically everything he was in the ring, and he can talk just as well (if not better). As soon as the Lucha Dragons split, that dude is gonna take off in a big way. But, yeah...TNA and Mysterio? Another pointless acquisition if they do get him.

Hang on. When/why did they try to sign Edge?

For their debut on Destination America earlier this year. Why? I don't know.

Probably for their commentary team...

Really? lolololol

I don't know how things are in the US and other parts of Canada, but I personally haven't seen a TNA DVD in a store in years. And considering how they struggled to find a TV network after Spike kicked them off, and the subsequent reports about DA possibly cancelling TNA, I don't see Dixie getting him any TV/Movie work. Rey already has/can have all of those things in AAA. Plus, he has job security.

TNA has had multiple chances to sign/create a Mexican superstar. They f :censored: ked it up every time. Just look at all the talent they've had in over the years for the X Cups, and on talent exchanges. I mean, we are talking about a company that had Tanahashi and Okada on their roster and used them in throwaway matches.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I haven't seen any TNA merchandise in Stores for years. If you want it you got to go online and get it. What I wish is for TNA to have a better investor and president because it just seems like it has a sickness that is just growing day by day.

Rey is Rey. Just cuz he's old doesn't mean he wouldn't pull in numbers. It's ambitious sure but where do companies get by just accepting the bottom of the barrel? the worst they will get is no and if he actually says yes? then they've got a great number puller.

Archived