Super Mario Maker

WarGreymon77

Have you guys heard about this game? I just found out about it. Apparently it's a Mario level builder, and you can change the graphical style to look like SMB1, SMB3, SMW, NSMB, etc. And I think you can download other people's levels like in Little Big Planet. I'll definitely check it out if I ever decide to buy a Wii U.

Wasn't that announced at like E3 2014? I remember seeing it a while ago

Yeah thats where I heard it. Looks cool as hell, especially for the Mario speedrunning community. Gonna give unique and lasting life to the mario games since people will build forever

Three guys were playing it on the Nintendo stream (not the presentation, but the stuff on the floor)...I got a much better idea of what this game is all about now. It looks like a lot of fun. Some of the levels that people make just look stupid...but others are the right balance of difficulty and fun. I like the addition of other characters too. It's going to be a neat little game. Looks like something that a random nerd would make for PC...but it still looks cool.

I fear its going to become LittleBigPlanet...basically a bunch of kids/immature teens copied the same horrible levels and kept reposting them over and over again. These people would even make multiple accounts so they could copy and repost the same levels even more times. It ruined the game for a lot of people.

Just the fact that you can change the graphical style to those of the different games is cool to me. I hope they've got the different overworld themes to choose from. Unlike most people, I grew up with SMB3 instead of the first game, so that theme is just as memorable for me as the iconic SMB theme.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived