One Wrestler from Each Top Promotion That Would Fit in WWE NXT

classiq.

Ever since the WWE put Triple H in charge of running their developmental territory, NXT went from a basic farm system to arguably the hottest wrestling brand in the world. Instead of signing the typical meathead or model, Triple H went down a different path-ya know, signing actual wrestlers. Now, top competitors from around the globe have joined on with WWE, which is why NXT is what it is today. Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Adrian Neville, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami and Samoa Joe were all top names on the independent circuit before joining the company.

Bryan won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 30. Rollins and Ambrose are fighting each other for that title this Sunday at Elimination Chamber. Cesaro is one half of arguably the best tag team on the WWE roster. Zayn, Owens, Neville, Balor, Itami and Samoa Joe all have either been on top, or are currently on top of the NXT card.

While NXT does have some of the best talent, you are sorely mistaken if you don’t think there are wrestlers out there that could give the group above a run for their money. Here is one wrestler from each top promotion that would fit right into the NXT culture.

Shinsuke Nakamura, New Japan Pro Wrestling

If a list is made of the top wrestling promotions after WWE, you can’t start anywhere else but New Japan. And if there is one man from New Japan who could fit into NXT, it’s Shinsuke Nakamura. The fact of the matter is Nakamura could easily slide into the American professional wrestling culture and succeed. He already speaks English, has tons of charisma, is one of the top in-ring performers and has accomplished pretty much everything he can in New Japan. Plus, he has ready-made feuds in NXT/WWE, as he has wrestled the likes of Owens and Itami, while also being referenced by Bryan as a dream opponent.

Honorable Mention: The Young Bucks, Kazuchika Okada

Jay Briscoe, Ring of Honor

Jay Briscoe isn’t foreign to WWE rumors; there were many times where he and his brother were “close” to signing a deal. However, after re-upping with ROH in April, it seems like he will be there for the foreseeable future. That’s unfortunate for WWE, as he would automatically be one of NXT’s top stars. He won’t get confused with Bret Hart; a mat technician he is not. However, he is truly one of the great brawlers in all of the independents. On top of that, his mic skills are tantalizing, as he displays his raw emotions through his words. If he didn’t have such loyalty with his brother, I’m sure he would have already been signed on as a main event singles star.

Honorable Mention: Adam Cole, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal

Austin Aries, Impact Wrestling

Austin Aries age could be a factor in this, as 37 isn’t necessarily the ripest of ages in the pro wrestling business. However, Aries has the all the tools to make it in the WWE. After establishing himself as a solid all-around performer in ROH, he really came into his own in Impact Wrestling as one of the best wrestlers today. His wrestling skills are top-notch; while being rather short, he has the highflying skills to pull off an impressive 450 splash, while also having no problems showing off his strength and dropping someone with a brainbuster. There’s no need to talk about his mic skills; he could have given CM Punk a run for his money. Enough said.

Honorable Mention: The Wolves, Bobby Roode

Prince Puma, Lucha Underground

Prince Puma, also known as Ricochet, would have never had a shot in the WWE if this were 2006. Fortunately for him, if he could do so, this would be a great time to make a move to the company. The first thing you will notice is his aerial skillset; he is just as good, if not better, than Neville. On top of that, he has vastly improved his in-ring skills while working for Lucha Underground, New Japan Pro Wrestling and Dragon Gate USA. He is someone who also has tons of charisma, while making himself a must see performer. He hasn’t been given much of a chance to talk, but he could develop those skills over time in NXT.

Honorable Mention: The Mack, Fenix

Sure, NXT currently has enough spots taken up at the top of the card. With injuries and main roster call ups, there is always room for fresh and exciting talent. That is what Nakamura, Briscoe, Aries and Puma provide. And if Triple H was able to pull of Balor, Owens and Itami in one fell swoop, who’s to say he couldn’t sign these four men?

http://www.ringsidenews.com/blogs/one-wrestler-from-each-top-promotion-that-would-fit-in-wwe-nxt/

Fantastic article. So good I had to post it twice. Here's who I would've chosen:

NJPW: Kazuchika Okada
ROH: Donovan Dijak
TNA: Taryn Terrell
LU: Prince Puma

NJPW-Kenny Omega

honorable mentions-Young Bucks,Alex Shelley,Tama Tonga,Karl Anderson

ROH-Adam Cole

honorable mentions-Bobby Fish,Mike Bennett,Roderick Strong

TNA-Bobby Roode

Honorable mentions-Tigre Uno,Magnus,Kenny King

LU-Cage

honorable mentions-Hernandez, Jack Evans, Angelico

Evolve-Ricochet

honorable mentions-Anthony Nese,Caleb Konel

NJPW - Kazuchika Okada

ROH - Kyle O'Reilly

Lucha Underground - Pentagon Jr.

TNA - Ethan Carter III

PROGRESS - Dave Mastiff, but I would just as much love ZSJ

Making my list assuming that the talent would be brought in exactly as they are currently. Keeping their name as well. Perhaps it's just me but I hate how WWE always changes the names of the wrestlers. I get why, but I think it's cool in the few cases where guys keep their name. Makes it a little more special to me).

NJPW: Karl Anderson

Honorable Mention(s): Okada, Tanahashi, Nakamura

TNA: Ethan Carter III

Honorable Mention(s): Eric Young, Bobby Roode

Lucha Underground: Pentagon Jr.

Honorable Mention(s): Prince Puma, Melissa Santos

ROH: Adam Cole

Honorable Mention(s): Briscoes, Raymond Rowe (Although he'd probably be branded as a Punk ripoff immediately, because anyone who has tattoos is a Punk ripoff, and he's sXe on top of that as well).

Chikara: Ashley Remington

Honorable Mention(s): Silver Ant, Heidi Lovelace

CZW: Nick Gage

Honorable Mention(s): Oi4K, Team Tremendous, Brittany Blake

PWG: Roderick Strong

Honorable Mention(s): Biss Busick, Drew Gulak, Mike Bailey

But Corey Graves wasn't branded as a Pun ripoff?

You'd be surprised. Most people I saw gave the impression he was. I also always heard the phrase, "Graves is gonna be the next punk!". I thought he'd be his own thing for sure, but to a lot of people, tattoos=CM Punk

Archived