E3 2015!

Senex Beast

MS and Sony both had strong showings. But...

In my opinion, MS had a stronger showing. The PC mods for Fallout 4 news is HUGE (can't be overstated how huge that is) (coming with Fallout 3 is also pretty huge), the Minecraft demo for the hololens was nothing short of stunning, the indy scene on XBO looks amazing, Tomb Raider is a great timed exclusive, Forza 6 looks beautiful, Game preview is pretty big news as well (getting to play these games that are typically available for steam and whatnot), Rare game collection looks like a must-buy for anyone who ever enjoyed even a handful of those games, and lastly (and possibly most importantly)...that new Elite controller is going to blow away any control options that Sony has to offer. That thing looked insane.

Sony had some nice stuff too. Don't get me wrong there...but, I felt like a lot of their biggest titles were things that have almost been urban legends for so long that I have personally stopped even caring about them. Last Guardian was meant to be a PS3 game, and it still looks that way...which is not just to say that the graphics are sub-par...but the experience as a whole looks outdated at this point. Final Fantasy 7 looks quite nice...but again, it's been a myth for so long...in the end, I'm not sure that it will live up to any hype. In the end, it's still only a remake. Horizon: Zero Dawn was probably the most impressive thing I saw from their showing...I would say it was the only game that really teased me to buy a PS4 (aside from No Man's Sky, which I feel might be released for Xbox as well...at the very least, it's also on PC). Same goes for Fire Watch (which I'm almost positive will also be on Xbox One).

I heard that Last of Us 2 was shown in some capacity (?) (though, I missed that somehow?)...nothing else interested me. Shenmue is a cool return story, but I never played any of those games. Hitman looked "pretty", but will probably be a pretty mediocre game when all is said and done, lots of shooters...don't care about Destiny, don't care about Call of Duty. Dreams also looked interesting.

*I bolded the things that looked good to me. If they aren't bold, then they didn't really impress me. Doesn't mean that I thought they were bad...just means that they wouldn't influence me in any particular way.

Other things I liked from today: Unraveled, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For $150, that Elite controller better play my *censored*ing game for me and grant me hacks for that price. Sheesh. I already plan on dropping way more for that FO4 Pip Boy.

That only costs $119.99...why would you pay more than $150 for it?

I never looked at the full price for it. I assumed it would be a lot more than $150. That's A LOT better to me, tbh.

But, to my defense, people like to buy 2. One to open, one to have just sit there as a collector's item.

What the controller does is pretty damn cool and offers a lot more precision, but yes, that's so *censored*ing much money. I'm already about to make so many stupid video game purchases after all these games come out.

If I had an XB1, I'd only buy that if that was $50 cheaper. It's already about the price of a full game to buy ANOTHER controller for both systems, ffs.

That DPad alone is making me strongly consider buying it. Definitely going to be the best controller out though, so whether a controller is worth that price is up to you. But if any controller is it looks like this one will be.

This is most likely, 98% a stupid question.. but I'll ask it anyway. Regarding the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility, is that for the current XB1? I'm half awake right now and not really understanding it too well at this time lol.

Yes, it will be a system update. It will only be for selected games though (and the list I saw sucks ass)

YES! Sucks about selected games, haven't seen the list but hoping Fallout New Vegas is included!

If anyone's wondering here's a list of exclusives announces for Xbox One and PS4(not including PC or handheld release)

Xbox One

Halo 5

Gears of War 4

Gears of War Ultimate Edition

Rare Replay

Fallout 4 Mods

Forza 6

The Divison Beta

Gigantic

Cuphead

Early Release Indie games

Fable Legends

Sea of Thieves

Recore

Xbox One Timed

Ion

Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider

PS4

Dreams

Uncharted 4

The Last Guardian

No Man's Sky

Horizon

Shenmue 3

World of Final Fantasy

Street Fight 5

Firewatch

Arkham Knight Special Edition

AC DLC

Hitman DLC

The Revolver Indie pack

PS4 Timed

Final Fantasy 7

COD DLC

Star Wars Infinity Playset

^^ Rise of the Tomb Raider is timed

Shenmue 3 has now passed $2,000,000

My bad, I thought since it was by Microsoft now it was Xbox only.

PS4 looks like the place to be for single player games for sure this year. Horizon, Uncharted and Last Guardian all look incredible. Getting real sick of Microsoft's abuse of Halo, Fable, Gears and Forza.

Digging the Gears and Halo stuff, but Sony owned this shit. Uncharted 4 :wub:

Star Wars looks *censored*ing insane as well. Don't even give a *Censored* about the single player problems anymore... just give it to me!

I'm so ready for Dishonered 2. I'd honestly love to see a Dishonered remaster.

Well Dishonored Definitive Edition was announced as well :P August 25th is the release date.

& anyone saying Xbox had a better showing is high as *Censored*.

That first part of Dreams' gameplay, it looked so nightmarish that I just saw kids screaming in terror after starting it up. The rest of it looked really breathtaking however.

Street Fighter 5's showing was very minimum to me and made me feel bitter with how little it showed in Sony's conference.

Horizon has to be the game that caught my interest the most since it kind of reminded me some pf Enslaved and I liked the backstory it showed.

When Uncharted 4 started and we all witnessed Nathan checking the crowd out, I couldn't help but feel bad for the group of people that were just fired for the screwup.

Firewatch looked pretty interesting.

Archived