ROH on Destination America

E#37

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great show thus far, IMO. These dudes on DA are smart as hell to put this on before Impact. I'll probably end up watching impact now, just because it will already be on. I mean, it might be so bad that I have to turn it off halfway through...but I'll probably watch at least half of it every week.

I don't have DA but I'm watching the ROH broadcast on my local channel. God, if only they would've aired the episode from last week with O'Reilly vs Lethal in the main event! Man that match has gotta be in my top 10 of the year. If you guys have the time, go out of your way to watch it. It's 30 minutes long though. You'll see why I had O'Reilly in my avatar for so long.

I've only seen Night 2 for GW & Night 1 for WOTW links. But I've only watched Night 2 of GW.

This episode sucks balls. Only match I enjoyed was Ferrera vs KUSHIDA.

J. Diesel & Dijak main eventing? Ew.

Can't wait for the title vs title match though. That's gonna be bananas.

I've only seen Night 2 for GW & Night 1 for WOTW links. But I've only watched Night 2 of GW.

Well what did you expect they aren't gonna give out the good stuff all the time. They gonna save that for IPPVS/PPVS and certain TV episodes.

Lmao everytime I say I don't like an episode of NXT, ROH or LU you're here to tell me that. :lol: dude, I understand. I literally just said in the post before that the Lethal vs O'Reilly match was awesome and I wish they aired that in its place. I know it wouldn't have happened and its oligical, but it's just wishful thinking and me being a fan. Besides, I didn't even enjoy Supercard of Honor so I'm not guaranteed to like any iPPV. I say my feelings about a show and that's it. Positive or negative, and I'm not alone in that regard. There's a reason the ROH thread has been dead for like 2 years.

I used to go to wrestling school with Dijak for a while and he didn't seem that special there, but he has greatly improved. I actually think he's a solid big man now, I just hate the name "Feast Your Eyes" for a finish. It sounds ridiculous. But I definitely see your point about Diesel, he hasn't shown me anything too great since he's been around and I couldn't care less about the guy.

With the recent move to Destination America, Ring of Honor is expecting to see an increase in production values at live tapings. Aside from the added exposure on the product, there isnt going to be any real major changes.

In regard to live specials on the station, no deals have been reach but they are in talks to try to put out at least one or two per year.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/roh-news/ring-of-honor-to-feature-live-specials-on-destination-america/

I used to go to wrestling school with Dijak for a while and he didn't seem that special there, but he has greatly improved. I actually think he's a solid big man now, I just hate the name "Feast Your Eyes" for a finish. It sounds ridiculous. But I definitely see your point about Diesel, he hasn't shown me anything too great since he's been around and I couldn't care less about the guy.

Yeah and that's awesome. I'd either be rooting for him or envying him if I were you hahah.

Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff spoke with Against The Mat, talking about Ring of Honor's new television deal with Destination America. You can read the highlights below, and check out the full podcast at this link: http://chsrfm.ca/podcast/general/Against%20The%20Mat/Against%20The%20Mat%20-%202015_06_03%20-%20Joe%20Koff%20Interview.mp3

ROH's deal with Destination America:

"It actually began sometime late last year, I can't remember if it was November or December it was right around the time that Spike decided not to carry Impact Wrestling anymore, and they ended up moving over to Destination America, and around that time, once that was announced, because we're [sinclair Broadcasting] a broadcasting company, and we're in the television business, we have a lot of contacts at other broadcasting companies, and one of my colleagues high in the organization made a contact over at Discovery, which owns Destination America, which turned into a lunch with the Destination America people, from there we conversed about the possibility of making Destination America the destination for wrestling in America. That's really how it all started."

How the deal was kept under wraps:

"Well, good question, good point. I think I have a little bit of experience in this, in that, when we [sinclair] bought Ring of Honor that also was not leaked until it was announced when we bought it. I'm from a business background and we are a big company that does lots of deals and transactions and we just know how to keep things to a minimum, and keep people to a minimum as far as their involvement and I think we're pretty good at it and I think this bears that out."

Wrestling's reputation with advertisers:

"I think the answer is really apparent. So I'm just going to put it into terms for our community, the wrestling world, which we're a part of. It's a really small world. It's big to us because we're living in it, and we're thriving in it, and we're enjoying in it, and we can have this conversation and talk about the business so openly and get excited about it, and talk about the excitement of what we do in the ring, but if you were at a party, and you tried to engage somebody in this conversation, they would probably, maybe walk away and go get a drink and probably talk to somebody else. We have a niche audience. We have a very loyal audience. I love our Ring of Honor fans. They come to the events, they buy the t-shirts, they buy the DVD's, they come up to me and thank me, they say hello, they take a picture with me, etcetera, etcetera. But they're comfortable, it's our environment, they're safe in there. There's going to be an advertiser, and there's some advertisers that seek out that male 18-24, 18-34 audience but it's professional wrestling. We're not going to change some of that stigma that exists with being in professional wrestling or what the sport might represent. So, I just don't think it's high on the list of advertisers' wants or needs. But the advertisers' who do, and have the foresight to go after this demographic nail 18-24, and I don't want to be too technical, but this is a gold mine for an advertiser. So if there's any advertiser's listening, or of a national scope, who I know that there are because there fans everywhere this is a chance to reach these audiences"

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0606/596012/roh-coo-talks-about-ring-of-honor-deal-with-destination-america/

So I live in Massachusetts and don't get Destination America or the Sinclair broadcast. I have a ringside membership so I can watch ROH on Mondays in place of Raw, but now I'm not getting the new ones on Monday. I don't understand, if it's being shown two days before anyways, why do I have to wait until after the cable airing? I pay money to NOT have to do that. Is anyone else in the same situation or can help explain to me what's going on?

Archived