WWE Merchandise Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE says they will no longer sell John Cena‘s new Pabst Blue Ribbon inspired shirt … even though they don’t believe they did anything wrong by making it.

A rep for WWE says, “As a content creator, WWE respects trademarks and intellectual property, and therefore will not proceed selling the merchandise, despite it being an original design clearly within fair use.”

For those who missed it, Cena’s new tee was put out Friday morning and beared a strong resemblance to the Pabst Blue Ribbon logo. So much so, PBR tweeted saying, “A message to John Cena & the WWE: We have a chokehold called the Cease & Desist. Pretty sure we see you.”

The shirt has already been pulled from WWE Shop.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/pabst-blue-ribbon-wwe-john-cena/?platform=hootsuite

Or he could just wear that green shirt he wore once before he got hurt.

He'll probably wear the American hustle one that is just the black shirt with the Cena logo in red white and blue. They obviously wanted a USA theme for memorial day. The new hat and wristbands are still available, so he'll keep those.

PBR sucks anyway

Which is why that was a pretty great shirt for Cena, tbh...

PBR has a red white and blue design that supports phony nationalism. Cena is obsessed with being over-the-top American, even the point of thinking he's a goddamn marine...and the dude was going to return on *censored*ing memorial day. Lmao. It's almost sad that he never got to wear the shirt that perfectly represents how *censored*ing corny he truly is.

The fact that they already have another design printed and ready to sell kinda makes me wonder if the whole thing isn't some bullshit publicity payoff for PBR. Wouldn't be surprised. PBR pays WWE to print a single run of the offending shirt design...take to social media to complain about it. WWE pulls the design and miraculously has an alternative printed and ready to sell en masse...PBR gets cheap publicity, WWE gets a nice little additional payday before they sell the real shirt.

It's not that they have a second design that seems off to me...it's that they're printed and ready to go in large quantities. I don't claim to know much about printing shirts...but I think you have to do each layer of color separately and wait for them to dry.

It's not that they have a second design that seems off to me...it's that they're printed and ready to go in large quantities. I don't claim to know much about printing shirts...but I think you have to do each layer of color separately and wait for them to dry.

You can print 1200 shirts a hour in most professional print shops

Archived