WWE Merchandise Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having the results on the front cover is so stupid

Haha...really? I don't know. Do people really buy DVDs of events that have already happened and expect to be surprised by the results? That's kind of dumb. If anything, this would be kind of convenient, IMO...like "when was that Rumble that HHH won the title?...oh, it was this one, where he's holding the title on the cover"...

having the results on the front cover is so stupid

Haha...really? I don't know. Do people really buy DVDs of events that have already happened and expect to be surprised by the results? That's kind of dumb. If anything, this would be kind of convenient, IMO...like "when was that Rumble that HHH won the title?...oh, it was this one, where he's holding the title on the cover"...

I do, mainly for Attitude Era stuff I didn't see live. I can imagine how much that cover will spoil it for a fan 20 years from now who was going to watch the event for the very first time.

Guest Fight Me.

Not surprising to me. Last time I saw some DVDs at the mall, one of them was SummerSlam 13 with Randy holding the title over Bryan as the cover. Another was No Way Out with Cena holding Johnny Ace in AA as the cover. Oh and my favorite MITB 11 has Punk holding the title as the cover. So it looks like they've been doing this for a couple years now.

– The autobiography for WWE Hall of Famer Pat Patterson will be released by ECW Press on August 9th in hardcover and eBook format. Titled “Accepted: How the First Gay Superstar Changed WWE,” the book was written by Patterson and co-authored by Bertrand Hebert. Vince McMahon wrote the foreword.

Below is the cover art and synopsis:

WfDzS8M.jpg

When Pat Patterson was 17 years old, his parents threw him out of the house after he told them he was in love . . . with a man. Cast off to the United States from Montreal in the 1960s, barely knowing a word of English, he set about a new life as a wrestler. Long before being gay was routinely accepted, Pat lived in the super-macho world of pro wrestling.

One of the most unlikely stories of a revolutionary talent, pioneer and creative savant, Patterson recalls the trials and tribulations as he climbed to the upper ranks of sports-entertainment as a performer and, later, as a backstage dignitary in this fascinating and revealing memoir. After making his mark in the ring as the prestigious first holder of WWE’s Intercontinental Championship, Pat set out to conquer the WWE world behind the curtain. He became the lead creative force behind the Royal Rumble Match and countless innovations that have shaped the way the WWE Universe has enjoyed sports-entertainment for generations.

Many WWE fans know Pat Patterson as a ring legend, WWE Hall of Famer, and one of Vince McMahon’s “stooges” during the Attitude Era. But Patterson is no stooge. He has long been one of Vince McMahon’s trusted advisors, his impact and importance to the nascent stages of WWE nearly comparable to the Chairman himself. Still active in WWE today, Pat delivers his no-holds barred story from unknown to WWE luminary.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/details-art-for-pat-pattersons-accepted-how-the-first-gay-superstar-changed-wwe-book/

If don't know the results to a PPV 20 years after it aired in this day and age, idk where you've been all your life.

Do you remember every result from every PPV that happened 20 years ago?

I said "in this day and age". You're bound to find out some results somewhere or from someone within 20 years in the current state of WWE revolving around social media and everywhere else. Even I skipped a couple of PPVs last year, but when I logged on IG or Tumblr the results were right there. It was that or one of my friends message me saying "X just one the championship from Y!!"

If don't know the results to a PPV 20 years after it aired in this day and age, idk where you've been all your life.

I said "in this day and age". You're bound to find out some results somewhere or from someone within 20 years in the current state of WWE revolving around social media and everywhere else. Even I skipped a couple of PPVs last year, but when I logged on IG or Tumblr the results were right there. It was that or one of my friends message me saying "X just one the championship from Y!!"

I guess he's talking about kids though...like, kids that are born in 2016, are ten years old in 2026...buy the 2016 RR dvd, knowing nothing about it. Kind of a pointless scenario to consider though.

Yeah, but 20 years from now I'm pretty sure I won't remember Triple H won the 2016 Royal Rumble. Don't even remember what I had for dinner last night.

Archived