NXT Discussion Thread

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to removing Hideo Itami's shirt, WWE have also removed Becky Lynch's shirt in men's and youth sizes leaving only the women's sizes available to order. Smart move.

Yeah, there really shouldn't be guys walking around with "Lass Kicker" on their shirt. :lol: Maybe's men's shirts should've just said "Ass Kicker" or another one of Becky's witty puns.

Finn Balor has been the talk of NXT since debuting with the promotion in late 2014, to the point where Chris Jericho requested to work with Balor at live events this summer. Balor appeared on Talk is Jericho last week and talked about his career in Japan, and making his character unique.

When discussing why he stayed with New Japan for so long instead of accepting WWE's offers, Balor noted that he really wanted the opportunity to work as a heel. He got that chance, and the Bullet Club took off.

"I was the one who came up with it. I pitched the name and everything. It was going to be just me and King Fale. (He) was going to be my bouncer, but Gedo had this idea of lumping all the foreign guys together," Balor said.

He said the next week, they were scripted to beat down NJPW mega star Hiroshi Tanahashi. Balor said that he got the name 'Bullet Club' because his nickname was "the real shooter" and Karl Anderson's nickname was "Machine Gun."

Ultimately, Balor ended up going to NXT, although he was hesitant. He said that the switch was a big change for him, as he's used to performing regularly, and couldn't even wrestle there at first.

"The first month I wasn't even allowed to get in the ring. You just have to sit out and roll. It's kind of to help you adjust to being in a different culture and being in a different system. I was just itching to get in there. That was hard enough," said Balor.

Balor also spoke about the origins of his extremely popular body paint.

"My original idea was cover my whole idea with black paint, like a shadow in the ring. I tracked down a painter, she came on the day. Karl Anderson said 'this is the stupidest idea.' When the woman came, she had a portfolio, and the designs were so incredibly detailed. We met in the middle and did kind of a demon. I wasn't sure how the crowd was going to react, like does everyone think I look stupid? In the long run it worked against me and got me over as a babyface," Balor said.

You can listen to the podcast at this link.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0524/595616/finn-balor-talks-coming-up-with-the-bullet-club/

Some names I hear that are getting tryouts next month are Chuck Taylor, Biff Busick and Drew Gulak...hmm interesting.

3 of the most underrated guys on the indy scene, I hope they can all make it. Especially dat boy Chuckie T.

Sometimes I forget Jay Lethal started in TNA at a really young age and that he's still fairly young. I definitely would love to see Lethal in WWE someday, but I think he's having a fantastic run as TV Champion right now.

I thought Balor started doing the body paint, specifically the Marvel stuff, because in Japan anime & manga are culture as opposed to western comic books so he used it to get heat?

WK8 And when else?

If he only used it twice I'm confused. He used paint for other promotions not in Japan?

WK8 then his Loser Leaves Town match in NJPW

Then he did other shows for ICW and others I believe where he did many various themes. Did like 6ish paints, then did stuff like Bane and The Joker

Samoa Joe recently spoke with The LAW: Live Audio Wrestling and revealed why he decided to leave TNA Wrestling. Heres what Joe had to say on the topic:

I think the decision was made in the final few weeks. Ive often been called by people loyal to a fault, and I didnt feel the mission was accomplished in TNA yet. Id done my best throughout my career to help try to build the company and bring it into prominence. Its had its ups and down and pitfalls here and there, and I dont feel that job was finished yet. Towards the end there, there were some apparent things and incidents that kinda showed me that maybe it was time for me to move on and maybe it was better for me, both personally and professionally, to explore other options and explore other things. Ive gotta admit, Im not unhappy with my decision. Im unhappy that I didnt get the opportunity to kinda finish out what I wanted to start in TNA, but at the same time, so many great things have popped up since that Im very, very satisfied with the decision that I made.

The LAW: Live Audio Wrestling can be heard Sunday nights at 11pm ET with Jason Agnew and Dan Lovranski on TSN 1050 Toronto, TSN 1410 Vancouver, SiriusXM 167 and online at liveaudiowrestling.com.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/samoa-joe-reveals-why-he-left-tna-wrestling/

Good news about Taylor Busick and Gulak. Of course I have the fear they would misuse the shit outta Taylor but I think he could make any character work enough to get him over. Busick and Gulak are easy.

Random: Anybody else miss Evan Bourne and think he would be *censored*in amazing in NXT as it is right now?

Archived