2k16 will have Stone Cold Showcase

nystyle

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't they just do a, Then, Now and Forever type showcase? Similar to the 30 Years of WM but matches that were epic and amazing besides WM 30. It would be great and could have some WCW classic matches, ECW classics and old WWE classics. Oh well.

WWE history/legacy that includes WWE owned promotions,A nice tie in with the wwe network in a way and so yeah I'd definetly be cool with that

To be honest, I'd rather get some sort of fantasy warfare type of mode like we had in Allstars. Rather than re-live things from the past.

That would be great and the best way to go as it'd make things fresh,interesting and we'd get to play as either guy in the match up than the same person a bunch of times. The main game can have wwe dream matches while dlc match ups can be ecw vs wcw vs wwe. If it happens then I'd go with..

Andre the Giant vs Big Show

Hulk Hogan vs Stone Cold

Hulk Hogan vs John Cena

Ultimate Warrior vs Kane

Ultimate Warrior vs Batista

Randy Savage vs HBK

Randy Savage vs Dean Ambrose

Ricky Steamboat vs Seth Rollins

Roddy Pipper vs Sheamus

Roddy Piper vs Dean Ambrose

Jake Roberts vs Randy Orton

Road Warriors vs The Ascension

Bret Hart vs Chris Jericho

Bret Hart vs Daniel Bryan

HBK vs The Rock

HBK vs Daniel Bryan

HBK vs Dolph Ziggler

Stone Cold vs Brock Lesnar

Stone Cold vs Dean Ambrose

The Rock vs Roman Reigns

Mick Foley vs Bray Wyatt

Mick Foley vs Dean Ambrose

Eddie Guerrero vs Sin Cara

Eddie Guerrero vs Kalisto

For DLC,I'd have..

Ultimate Warrior vs Sting

Jake Roberts vs DDP

Curt Henning vs Curtis Axel

Curt Henning vs Daniel Bryan

HBK vs Sting

Stone Cold vs Hollywood Hogan

The Rock vs DDP

Brock Lesnar vs Lex Luger

John Cena vs Sting

Randy Orton vs DDP

Roman Reigns vs Goldberg

DX(HBK,HHH,X-Pac,Billy Gunn and Road Dogg)vs nWo(Hollywood Hogan,Kevin Nash,Scott Hall,Randy Savage and The Giant)

I don't see the point of this mode when you can already do any fantasy matches you want in exhibition/universe mode.

The point of these types of game modes is to have a reason to put in a bunch of legends into the game. In 2k15, the reason we have Macho Man, Honky Tonk Man, and Andre the Giant is because they are part of the Ultimate Warrior Showcase. Without that showcase we probably don't get a lot of those guys in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone commented the other day on jake roberts facebook that he read he was in 2k16 and he deserves it with jake responding "thank you".....if true i could see us getting austin vs roberts from kotr.

Can you please provide the link for the comment.

I dont have the link, but here's a screen shot I saw of it.

v1Sm7c5.png

Someone commented the other day on jake roberts facebook that he read he was in 2k16 and he deserves it with jake responding "thank you".....if true i could see us getting austin vs roberts from kotr.

Can you please provide the link for the comment.

I dont have the link, but here's a screen shot I saw of it.

v1Sm7c5.png

According to comments on, I want to say wrestlezone, in one of the articles about the roster size someone claimed he also re-tweeted someone on twitter the other day (maybe the same guy?) congratulating him on being in.

I don't use Twitter often so I cant confirm if that's true or not.

Gold berg said he was in as well...could it be possible there could be a Monday night wars type show case. Austin and his rise is really when WWF started to beat WCW.

My dream is if it went from 1996 - ruthless aggression. can you imagine a RAW arena with the letters entrance set, and a raw is war tron and the aggression industrial tron? Would be amazing.

They better fix his model and his entrance walk. When was the last time we had a good Stone Cold model? HCTP?

Since the Just Bring it days... of late 2000-early 2001.

Jake Roberts is essential for the Austin showcase.

Had it not been for that match, the moment that came afterwards wouldn't have been there. Though I can't be the ONLY one here who's tired of all the Austin showcase love. 30 years of WrestleMania was the penultimate mode and I always had a blast playing. I'd wish for a GM mode but hey, Austin from 1995-2003 sounds good as well.

The problem with these game modes is that they are so short on replay value, it's like you can only play as the main guy against a lot of other guys, but only once and in a certain way. I would even prefer a "Hall of Fame" mode where you have to take your CAW through history against some of the greatest ever while fighting using a certain style. Like vs Bret Hart, you'd have to get technical and use less strike moves, with Hogan and Warrior it's more about showmanship, vs Andre it would be more about keeping your distance and using quick run and hit moves against him.

That had a mode like that with WWE SVR2008, the CAW WWE 24/7.

Even if they've done it before I don't have a problem with it because it's on the new gen systems and it means we are getting those same legends for the new system. This is good especially for future PC modding since older models aren't compatible. Now, if two -three years from now were still getting the same shit on the PS4/XBO/PC then we have a problem.

Austin's model was great in 2K15, but showcase this year they need to make him younger and not have modern day Austin's face

when dlc came out and I saw "classic hogan" I laughed a very depressed laugh. I waited since release for classic hogan and he comes out looking like he is even older than modern hogan.

Christ, sick to death of these nostalgia modes which focus on the past/revisit what's already happened on WWE programming. Show some damn creativity. Would take Road to WrestleMania over this bs, at least the stories were original and you had a purpose instead of exactly having what you've already seen on TV in gaming form.

Christ, sick to death of these nostalgia modes which focus on the past/revisit what's already happened on WWE programming. Show some damn creativity. Would take Road to WrestleMania over this bs, at least the stories were original and you had a purpose instead of exactly having what you've already seen on TV in gaming form.

Most of the Road to WrestleMania storylines were poorly made. Besides, modes like these are used as a reason to include a lot of the legends in the games.

Most of the Road to WrestleMania storylines were poorly made. Besides, modes like these are used as a reason to include a lot of the legends in the games.

At least it was something different, original. Showcase is literally playing out the past storylines we've seen on TV EXACTLY how they panned out. And not really, legends used to be in the games before they started obsessing over these nostalgia modes too, they can always have an original story mode or something to include them as well. RTWM was just an example.

Archived