2k16 will have Stone Cold Showcase

nystyle

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this is terrible. How many times have we relived these damn stories? if it was a showcase mode about Bret Hart, Edge, or anyone else for that matter, I would understand their decision.
But Stone Cold, again? He's actually one of my favorites, but this is ridiculous.

Outside of Showcase, there's MyCareer and Universe modes, both of which are abysmal. They could be much better, but I highly doubt 2K would focus on improving them.
Showcase mode is an easy way out for 2K. I always feel it is easily implemented and doesn't require much effort from the developers. It's a damn shame.

I loved the Austin AE mode in WWE'13 but seeing it's been done already, why not focus on Austin's latter career? Late 99-01? Could always include matches like:

- Backlash 99 vs. The Rock

- No Mercy UK 99 vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H

- King of the Ring 99 vs. McMahons in the Ladder Match

- Fully Loaded 99 vs. Undertaker

- SummerSlam 99 vs. Triple H vs. Mankind

- Unforgiven 99 Six Pack Challange - Player can be Triple H that turns the ending into a Austin moment

- No Mercy 99 vs. Triple H

- Survivor Series 99 - Austin run-over moment

Then could have the Unforgiven 2000 return, not to mention everything in between that and 2003 that could be picked.

Would be cool to have some 2000-2001 stuff in the game seeing 97-99 and 2002-2003 have been done lately.

I'd personally would rather have a Bret Hart showcase, but on that thought, if they did a showcase revolving around the Bret/Stone Cold feud then it would be awesome. That feud was one of the greatest ever and it would allow for guys like Pillman, Shamrock, the Hart Foundation, and other late new-generation/early attitude era guys to be in the game.

I'd personally would rather have a Bret Hart showcase, but on that thought, if they did a showcase revolving around the Bret/Stone Cold feud then it would be awesome. That feud was one of the greatest ever and it would allow for guys like Pillman, Shamrock, the Hart Foundation, and other late new-generation/early attitude era guys to be in the game.

This was my idea in the showcase idea thread... It would be awesome if they included much of his feud with the hart foundation. I see people complain about it being same old matches Etc. I may be an Austin mark obviously but you can't be that void of knowledge and tell me there isn't a shit ton of matches they didn't do in wwe 13 they could do now for an Austin attitude era showcase. I might add that visual concepts and 2k will

Probably do a better job of authentication in the showcase unlike in wwe 13 where I found a lot of things to be done poorly.

Just realized that because WWE 2K16 looks to be an Attitude Era themed game that's why WWE '13 online was shut down and the DLC was made unbuyable. Most of the same content will be in WWE 2K16.

Just realized that because WWE 2K16 looks to be an Attitude Era themed game that's why WWE '13 online was shut down and the DLC was made unbuyable. Most of the same content will be in WWE 2K16.

Austin having an "attitude era section"doesn't mean the whole game will be attitude era themed again

I remember Goldberg will be in. And I believe we got Sting and Hogan too.

With the new add roster of NXT such as Finn Balor and Hideo. The game will have the biggest roster ever.

When/where was Goldberg,Hogan and Sting confirmed for this game?

I understand why some are tired of the nostalgia but why are you so frustrated when you don't have to play these modes or use the legends? I mean there are other modes you can spent your play time on and don't have to do every single one. You can delete/not use legends in universe and there are always plenty of the current people on the roster. Yeah some will be missing but at least you get some that even includes NXT.

I care more about the past than current but I'm also over old feuds&matches,yet what interests me are the unlockable characters because if I'm going to use Kane then I rather use AE or RA Kane than Corporate Kane or any old Undertaker than current once a year trick broken down Taker and etc.

I also hope career mode returns with an actual story though,That way current fans get something too and I get double fun&luck since I love NXT

My main problem is simply that this is the third time that a game covers AE Stone Cold.

What means same legends, same stories, same matches. I would simply like to get something new for a change. That can be WCW, NXT, ECW, old-school WWE or whatever.

Just not Hulkamania Hogan, Attitude Era Stone Cold or Ruthless Aggression Triple H again.

nWo Hogan (WCW story), Hollywood Blondz Austin and Ruthless Aggression Edge. That would be something fresh with new retro/legends on the roster.

Ruthless Agression Edge would be awesome and especially if he has the sunglasses,trench coat and rob zombie theme in his entrance. I get what you're saying about new characters or old ones in rare form. I know I'd love..

Rocky Maivia or Hollywood Rock 2002(vest and leather pants)

Old School Undertaker with Phantom Mask or Big Evil

Ruthless Aggression Kane with the fire singlet and full mask(All Stars)

Summerslam 2002 Big Show(Buzzcut,singlet and pants)

Early Crow Sting(short haired and half face paint)

WCW Hulk Hogan(tights and boots)

Ruthless Agression Booker T

Prototype John Cena

2002 Rookie Randy Orton

2003 Triple H(biker shorts,chubby and fumanchu beard growing)

Attitude Era Goldust

Post Nation of Domination or Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry

2001 Christian when he first went solo

Radicals or 2004 Eddie Guerrero

Hart Foundation British Bulldog

Hart Foundation Brian Pillman

ECW or Invasion Paul Heyman as a manager

I am fine with this. I really would like some attitude stars and mainly arenas. Last year we got too many 2011 and onwards stories. thats how we ended up with so many damn ortons and del rios and arenas that looked the same over and over. Remember this probably just going to be one show case out of about 5

With the new add roster of NXT such as Finn Balor and Hideo. The game will have the biggest roster ever.

There is no guarantee they will be actually be included.

i think hideo and balor will .. if not on disc than as dlc...

same to hogan and sting they have both legendary contracts and both a part of wm 31

samoa joe could maybeeee included to after his deal with wwe that they can produce his mechandise ..

From a 2K Point of View, I'd put them in a DLC pack and make a shit ton of money off of stupid marks. From a fan's point og view, they should definitely be apart of the in-game roster, especially with NXT being a bigger thing now.

I don't think the game will be attitude era themed per se. Yet we will have an attitude era showcase and probably a 2013 showcase.

I'm thinking that we will get a Stone Cold showcase and a Daniel Bryan showcase spanning from Summerslam '13 to WM30. They will make some sort of comparison between D-Bry's revolution and Stone Cold's.

I guess we will get 3 DLC showcases as well.

I believe Daniel Bryan will probably get a showcase feud but I don't think it'll be connected to Stone Cold in any way. 2K15's showcases were different type of stories and feuds and the same thing may happen in 2K16 but just expanded upon from different eras. A Stone Cold one is confirmed but we may get one for Hogan in the golden era,Sting vs nWo and etc.

We don't have all the details, for all we know, we could get Stunning Steve Austin in his WCW days.

I agree with others that Universe Mode is basically your current roster, but I love creating the other themes (80s WWF, WCW) for this mode, so would be nice to have all wrestlers officially.

The only way I see to not repeat things from the past is to just add on to games, rather than removing things. So everything from 2K15 would be in 2K16 and so on. I think its quite cumbersome that you need to get a contract with wrestlers for every game each year, not sure why they can't just do 5 year deals or something like that.

Archived