2k16 will have Stone Cold Showcase

nystyle

"We're already working on that, said Lawler. A lot of people ask about my old broadcast partner. They're having in this year's game a big 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin Attitude Era section, and they have me and J.R. back together again in the studio doing voice-overs for that."

The game is expected to be release on Playstation 3 and 4 as well as Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/jim-ross-to-be-featured-in-wwe-2k16-details

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to god we finally get a proper Stone Cold Stunner. The one they added in 2K15 was good but i want the version where the wrestler lands on their knees when taking it. Just mo cap the stunner the way HBK took it at WM 14, i always thought that was the perfect stunner. Knowing them though we'll get that version in a cutscene but not in the game as a selectable move.

I'm on the other side of the fence. I love the single-player campaigns, so this is fine. If anything else, more classic arenas to use. I wonder if they'll have people you wouldn't expect to be in the game, such as Savio Vega, since that was Austin's first feud in WWE.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

no more showcases please

I'm fine with it cause it gives it some wrestlers we wouldn't normally get in the game, like with this we'll get AE Undertaker and Kane along with Mankind, and Dude Love probably.

But didn't Mick Foley said he had issues with money and his likeness in game so wouldn't that mean He along with his other personalities wont be in?

The more I think about these showcases, the more I think they could also be potential "what if" scenarios as well as giving us the ability to relive history. Using this Stone Cold showcase as an example, we could have the ability to let Austin win at 'Mania XIV as he did in real life and continue history, OR, we could have HBK win and see where the story went from there.

The more I think about these showcases, the more I think they could also be potential "what if" scenarios as well as giving us the ability to relive history. Using this Stone Cold showcase as an example, we could have the ability to let Austin win at 'Mania XIV as he did in real life and continue history, OR, we could have HBK win and see where the story went from there.

Agreed. "What If" scenarios would be awesome instead of just replaying history.

no more showcases please

I'm fine with it cause it gives it some wrestlers we wouldn't normally get in the game, like with this we'll get AE Undertaker and Kane along with Mankind, and Dude Love probably.

But didn't Mick Foley said he had issues with money and his likeness in game so wouldn't that mean He along with his other personalities wont be in?

He signed a new legends contract so they can put him in without having to sign him or ask him.

no more showcases please

He signed a new legends contract so they can put him in without having to sign him or ask him.

Did he? I wasn't aware of that that's cool.

Aside from the potential legends that could come with this (Jake Roberts, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels (retro), etc) there is really no value in this. Aside from a handful of matches (e.g. vs. Bret Hart at WM13) I've always found Austin boring unless he's on the mic.

I don't mine showcases, but i don't want to keep doing the same rivalries over and over. give us some lesser known rivalries that'll give us superstars who normally wouldn't make the cut.

Archived