TNA done on Destination America

1okr

Wanting the death of a company you don't watch, makes no sense to me still. I don't watch Lucha Underground or AAA, I don't want them to die.

Sad news though, hopefully they can pull through.

i never mad the connection with tna like i did with wcw in the 90s. though i always felt they were like a new g of a wcw product but at the same time i felt they had potential but didn't use it to the best of their ability. That said even though the KO title match being the main event on an impact so many years ago was what really made me stop watching, i def wouldn't want them going under. Vince has monopolized the sport ever since WCW and ECW closed down, and it's just made wrestling bad in general. I really hope they can pull through but with these lawsuits from Bischoff/Harvey and Garrett Bischoff? I just don't know i don't think it's possible. There's only so many loop holes before the Loops become broken ya know?

They had a hard time getting a network deal after Spike and now this baggage with DA? No network is going to open up their arms for TNA.

At this point instead of "Who do we blame?" it should be "How do we fix it and how do we rebrand ourselves." The name TNA has a bad cloud over it so it's wise to start from scratch. TNA was something Jarrett created and Dixie taking it over and making it her own did NOT work.

Dixie had NO wrestling business practice, she called Mommy and Daddy to invest in TNA and then she took over. Nothing will ever be fixed if the main problem doesn't go away. It was great to see TNA run for so many years but the only thing going for it was the money. Dixie is no Vince and that's the issue we have. I'd rather have TNA start from the ground up with someone who knows about the business then have it continue on a national level with someone who has no idea what they are doing and are just looking for a profit.

i agree with you there. ya know the same thing happened with WCW in 1990 i think. I was looking at some doc. don't remember which one but it was on the WWE Network and they spoke of someone that began running the company and had no Wrestling experience that was around the time Vince had gotten the jimmy Crocket Promotion or something like that and then they hired someone else that did know the business (rhodes and someone else) and that was when they really took the ball and ran with it. TNA isn't working they need a repackaging (kinda like when a gimmick doesn't work for a superstar and they start over) Dixie ain't helping either. she's just a moron imo.

TNA dying would be the best thing for any wrestling fan, tbh. WWE is actually doing a really great job of handling their talents right now, and there are still a few guys from the TNA roster who would be great additions to the WWE/NXT. Why have TNA stick around just for the sake of sticking around, when we could see some of those talents go on to WWE and have the careers that they deserve?

HAHAHAHA yeah right.. i don't know what product you're watching but if it wasn't for AJ, Punk leaving, Daniel injured, then i seriously doubt charlotte, Zayn, Neville would be on the Main roster right now. Not saying they don't deserve to be there or belong cause they do but i'm just saying it wouldn't have happened so quickly. Zayn's appearance was out of left field IMO. and he's my favorite on the nxt roster.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TNA has been god awful for years. I'm saddened how much it has fallen, I had such high hopes fro TNA back when it was actually good 05-10.

I just want it to end now, no that doesn't make me an a**hole, its more like seeing a ill pet and wanting to help by sparing it from the pain.

I have good memories of TNA but equal amounts of horrible memories.

Not gonna say it out and out makes you an asshole, but where are the talent going to go? Very few of these guys will even be looked at by WWE, so what is it, go back and toil in on the indy circuit getting paid a few hundred bucks per match, most likely until they retire. Lucha Underground will pick a few up and maybe New Japan, but the majority of the roster is going to jobless pretty much.

Not gonna say it out and out makes you an asshole, but where are the talent going to go? Very few of these guys will even be looked at by WWE, so what is it, go back and toil in on the indy circuit getting paid a few hundred bucks per match, most likely until they retire. Lucha Underground will pick a few up and maybe New Japan, but the majority of the roster is going to jobless pretty much.

Probably Global Force Wrestling, tbh.

Wait what ? Lockdown isn't a concept? The key matches taking place in a six sided cell like structure isn't a concept for a TNA special? Or the Knockout Only shows, which to my surprise seem to do extremely well, those aren't actual concepts for TNA specials? Feast Or Fired is even a TNA special based around a concept, as is Destination X.

What are the same five storylines they repeat every few months? And half their roster made alignment changes throughout the year, and so has WWE's. Sooo...

Concept...as in basic concept of a wrestling program

For example...

Flagship show: Wednesday Night Impact Wrestling (Fixed day. Won't change ever.)

TNA Special Episode: Every 3 Months - Live epsiodes(Like Hardcore Justice, etc.). A lot of their original match-concepts are pretty awesome. They're just random as hell.

TNA PPV: Every 4 Months on Sunday

Secondary Show: Xplosions - Every Friday night on TNA.com

Tapings: No tapings that cover TNA special episodes or TNA show AFTER the PPVs

Divisions or nah?: Is their a proper KO division or are all these women on this ONO show really just here for ONO? What is this X-Division you always talk about Destination X and where is it throughout the rest of the year? Four teams don't make a tag-division.

The Ring: Six or four sides? Or ist different from tapings to tapings?

In TNA that all appears to be random and without any actual structure.

Five storylines:

Faction War: One faction tries to take over as heels. A face faction appears to face them. After the heel faction is over, the face faction turns heel. Repeat.

Beloved Babyface turns into THE biggest heel of them all: James Storm, Bully Ray, Jeff Hardy, Eric Young, Bobby Roode, Chris Sabin, etc.

THE top heel turns face again (despise literally threatening the lives of children etc.): Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Bully Ray, Abyss, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, etc.

Identity Crisis: Wrestler has a identity crisis, that's built up over months and months, then goes nowhere and returns/shows up as a different character. (Manik, Joseph Park, Willow, Samuel Shaw, Rob Terry, Brooke Tessmacher, etc.)

ECW: New face of Hardcore wrestling (Abyss, Bram, Judas Messiah), Old face of Hardcore wrestling (Tommy *censored*ing Dreamer). There are always a few weeks when TNA suddenly turns into ECW.

Even if the WWE turned more than 10 wrestlers...they don't CONSTANTLY and OVER and OVER again turn their top names heel/face. In TNA that's usually the start of their main storyline. (Bobby Lashley, Eric Young, Bobby Roode, MVP, Bully Ray, Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, Chris Sabin and I can guarantee you that Drew Galloway will either turn heel soon or leave TNA.)

Goes to show how some of us barely watch the program but are quick to criticize. They've been using a six sided ring ever since Hogan & Bischoff left. Jeff Hardy's heel turn happened years ago, once he went back to face, he's been that way since, so that's been pretty consistent. Bobby Roode was a heel for the longest time and then turned face not too long ago during the after Eric Young turned heel, Young had had one failed heel turn prior to him turning heel and attacking Roode when he won the title back for Roode not giving him a title shot, and it was a desperately needed heel turn and now Eric Young is flourishing in his heel role. Styles was a heel with Ric Flair, that was it, since that ended he was a face, he grew his hair out during the Ace's & Eight's angle, teased being a tweener for a few weeks, but ultimately had been a face the entire time. And again, that was something AJ Styles needed and it worked for him. James Storm only turned heel recently with the whole Revolution angle, he had been face for a pretty long time beforehand, same with MVP, except he turned heel a lot earlier, before BDC even had an official name, and has remained as such. Chris Sabin, they tried, it failed, he was released, there was no flipping back and forth for him. Bully Ray was a heel during Aces & 8's, after he teased marrying Brooke which was simply done to be the payoff to his reveal as the Ace's & 8's leader, since that angle ended like a year ago, he had been a face. One can argue he'd been heel the whole time, from Bully Ray, into transitioning into trying to gain Hogans trust, so he can take Brooke's hand in marriage.

And how many times has Orton turned face after doing tremendously dispicable acts? Should he be excused just because he's in WWE? I don't know, man. And I think it was ultimately revealed that Joseph Park was Abyss all along, Eric Young had been the one to figure it out and then called him out on it, this was back when TNA had still been on Spike TV. So I don't know what you mean by that went nowhere, Joseph Park was revealed as Abyss. And if it wasn't flat out said "JOSEPH PARK IS ABYSS!!" it surely was implied as such everytime Eric Young and whoever else Park would be teaming with would purposely bust him open, to have him run crazy all over the opponents. TNA in one their very stupid decisions, acknowledged the moment the Willow character debuted, that it was Jeff Hardy. Rob Terry, can we call that an identity crisis or was he simply repackaged in the most obvious way? The guy was repackaged for the Carnival storyline with Doc Gallows, Gallows went to NJPW, saw success with Bullet Club and never looked back, and thankfully TNA just dropped the whole Carnival angle. Not every angle needs to be explained, it didn't have to be explained that the big guy in the mask was Rob Terry, every had already known about it. Certain angles deserve to just be dropped and forgotten about, and The Carnival was one of them. I don't recall much changing about Sam Shaw other than his stalking image. Much better than when he was the generic jean shorts wearing Sam Shaw. That's one change that worked for him.

Manik's always been Manik, everything they was forced to drop "Suicide" as his ring name. The person under the mask has changed, but they've never made a storyline out of that other than the Christopher Daniels/Curry Man/ Suicide angle, and it being mentioned once that Manik was TJ Perkins after he'd been assaulted by MVP & Kenny King, I believe.

When was the last time El Mesias was a TNA superstar or involved in an ECW angle in TNA? The last true ECW angle I remember was when House Of Hardcore was created & Tommy Dreamer & Dixie Carter sent talents to the the HOH arena and vice versa to help promote the brand. Bram was never involved in an ECW storyline, at least not for the long term, he debuted and he'd claim his friend Magnus had gone soft, in which they'd have matches and Bram would try to convince Magnus to get more violent and use weapons, not at all was ECW mentioned during this angle. Then after that Bram began to call himself the "King Of Hardcore", this was never an ECW angle, it was continuation of his feud with Magnus. In which Magnus would look on or decide to help after Bram would beat the living hell out of "Hardcore legends", yet the only "hardcore legends" I remember him going up against were Abyss, Tommy Dreamer & Devon. Two of whom were actually in ECW. And again, this was a continuation of the angle between Bram & Magnus, and rarely, like really rarely was ECW mentioned during the angle. And Abyss has always beens TNA's residential hardcore guy.

tl;dr. You can't not consistently watch the program, and then chime in on the randomness you see when you finally decided to tune in after months or weeks of not watching. Because few of TNA's angles lately has been "random", the majority of them have been thought out and then written down, and built upon week after week. These angles don't always work, but seriously, very few of them are actually "random".

Off topic, I ain't een' know Bram was married to Ashley Fleihr (Charlotte), which makes him Ric Flair's son-in-law..."WOOOO!!!!!"

Just to clear it up...

I watch TNA constantly. I just don't watch any storyline involving wrestlers that I simply can't accept in their potrayal after previous storylines.

I've been mentioning older stuff, because my main point is that it's not a recent thing. Every one or two years TNA basically resets their roster/stories, shuffles them and then starts them from the beginning.

Last year around this time Eric Young was THE face of the company. Then he randomly joined the BDC in their attack on Roode and now he's in the exact reversed role as THE heel of the company.

Bully Ray told Mr Anderson that he was going to kill his unborn child. Later that year he became a top face again, threatening to put the person, that previously was terrorized by Bully's heel faction (Dixie Carter), through a table.

I could name more examples, but these are simply the inconsistencies that keep me (and probably others) off the TNA hype.

And the argument that WWE doesn't do it better, isn't even a valid point

How do you know TNA sucks if you don't watch it? Like goodbye.

Anyways just because they lose the TV deal doesn't mean they are dead lol. It just mean they turn into an iPPv format some of yall need to get a clue.

Just to clear it up...

I watch TNA constantly. I just don't watch any storyline involving wrestlers that I simply can't accept in their potrayal after previous storylines.

I've been mentioning older stuff, because my main point is that it's not a recent thing. Every one or two years TNA basically resets their roster/stories, shuffles them and then starts them from the beginning.

Last year around this time Eric Young was THE face of the company. Then he randomly joined the BDC in their attack on Roode and now he's in the exact reversed role as THE heel of the company.

Bully Ray told Mr Anderson that he was going to kill his unborn child. Later that year he became a top face again, threatening to put the person, that previously was terrorized by Bully's heel faction (Dixie Carter), through a table.

I could name more examples, but these are simply the inconsistencies that keep me (and probably others) off the TNA hype.

And the argument that WWE doesn't do it better, isn't even a valid point

Dude you lost... just walk away.

Funny also how some People wanting a Promotion to shut down only to see talents that shone there, go to wwe to Job their heart out or get misused like several others in the wwe currently.

There's almost nobody in the WWE right now who is being used improperly IMO, so, no...

Funny also how some People wanting a Promotion to shut down only to see talents that shone there, go to wwe to Job their heart out or get misused like several others in the wwe currently.

There's almost nobody in the WWE right now who is being used improperly IMO, so, no...

Ascension, Bray Wyatt, Zack Ryder, Fandango, among others. WWE is far from booking all it's talent perfect right now.

Ascension, Bray Wyatt, Zack Ryder, Fandango, among others. WWE is far from booking all it's talent perfect right now.

Bray is fine right now. Could he be better off? Sure. Is he completely wasted or used wrong? No...not at all. Ascension have been overrated from day one. Fandango is a regularly featured mid-carder...and he isn't anything special to begin with. Zack Ryder? I swear to *censored*ing god...I'm going to punch you in the throat if you mention Zack Ryder in one more topic.

According to Jim Ross, and most other "wrestling insiders" this isn't even TNA's fault. For one, they consider Destination America too much of a cluster*censored* of a network to present an established wrestling company and it's program anyways. As I suspected, Ross reveals that he heard from people inside TNA that it was Destination America's call to make Kurt Angle TNA Champion in the first place. So it's like, they had their way one time, now they want it all, and Destination America want to play head booker, and TNA simply isn't having it. He still acknowledge's this as a rumor though, recognizing how Destination America has yet to address this in any way, and are still advertising TNA on a regular basis.

Lets not pretend TNA isn't in the weak position it's in because of their idiotic management though. Honestly, it may be many factors involved, but the simple fact here is that those who actually lead TNA are some of the dumbest people in the wrestling world.

They should have an evil faction go in and take control of the network. I'm sure they can make one.

Didn't ECW do that near the end too? I could be wrong.

That is true. Kurt Angle as TNA champion was Destination America's call. Which I understand while at the same time I find it to be a brain-dead decision. Yes, Kurt won an Olympic gold medal in amateur wrestling over the evil Iranian......in Atlanta......1996. But Kurt's older now and I swear he's one bad bump away from being paralysed for life. TNA has several guys on there that they could make their champion but nope, Destination America wanted Kurt Angle cause he's 'murican God damn it.

And then there's this gem. TNA did tapings of Impact in England, right? Apparently those shows were well received up there. And Destination America wasn't happy about it cause they weren't taped in 'Murica. What a bunch of dumbasses running that channel. TNA is no different. They're being ran by a bunch of dumbasses too.

That is true. Kurt Angle as TNA champion was Destination America's call. Which I understand while at the same time I find it to be a brain-dead decision. Yes, Kurt won an Olympic gold medal in amateur wrestling over the evil Iranian......in Atlanta......1996. But Kurt's older now and I swear he's one bad bump away from being paralysed for life. TNA has several guys on there that they could make their champion but nope, Destination America wanted Kurt Angle cause he's 'murican God damn it.

And then there's this gem. TNA did tapings of Impact in England, right? Apparently those shows were well received up there. And Destination America wasn't happy about it cause they weren't taped in 'Murica. What a bunch of dumbasses running that channel. TNA is no different. They're being ran by a bunch of dumbasses too.

wtf. really?

Anyways, knew that moving to Destination America wasn't going to work for them.

Archived