Some Custom Music News for 2K16 and future games

nystyle

How can we use it for the game? At least not in 2K15. I didn't see it yet. Did it come with a patch update?

Ronnie2k said last year that he checked with the developers and custom music is not something they can patch in. It has to be something available "for both consoles" before the audio deadline passes.

Im guessing 2k17 would be the earliest we see it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can we use it for the game? At least not in 2K15. I didn't see it yet. Did it come with a patch update?

Ronnie2k said last year that he checked with the developers and custom music is not something they can patch in. It has to be something available "for both consoles" before the audio deadline passes.

Im guessing 2k17 would be the earliest we see it.

It needs to be available for "both consoles", seriously? PS4 has it now, just put it in on the PS4.

At E3, Sony didn't mention the ability to save music to your hard drive. I'm sure it would've gotten some pretty big applause. I don't get it. What makes this so hard to implement? Why is it taking so long?

They announced the media player yesterday during the pre-show, it was available late last night. I have it right now, but I don't think it supports saving your music to your HDD though, but it does support DLNA, which should be enough to have custom music considering you were able to last gen.

As said earlier the problem isnt so much the music player as it is that they need the music to be saved on the console itself. This ps4 update doesnt fix that problem.

Exactly. According to them as long as the consoles and games see the usb as a temporary file location custom music won't happen.

PS3 & Xbox 360 also had custom soundtracks via DLNA. PS4 has it now, what don't you guys understand? If they were able to get custom music via streaming the music from your PC, they should be able to do it on the PS4 too.

Im just telling you what 2k and EA have said.

If you can do it now why dont they? What would be their reasoning for not alliwing us to use our own music?

Because it was just out for the PS4 yesterday lol.

Im just telling you what 2k and EA have said.

If you can do it now why dont they? What would be their reasoning for not alliwing us to use our own music?

Because it was just out for the PS4 yesterday lol.

The ability to play music has been on there a while. Why not find a way to patch it in?

Im just playing devil's advocate

DLNA is inconvenient, plus I'm unfamiliar with it. Just let me use a CD or flash drive to save songs to the PS4's internal HDD.

this. i mean seriously, if PS4 and X1 is so superior to last gen, then why was last gen able to save music on the HDD and current gen can't?

DLNA is inconvenient, plus I'm unfamiliar with it. Just let me use a CD or flash drive to save songs to the PS4's internal HDD.

this. i mean seriously, if PS4 and X1 is so superior to last gen, then why was last gen able to save music on the HDD and current gen can't?

Because "*Censored* you give me money!" - Sony & Microsoft

Because "*Censored* you give me money!" - Sony & Microsoft

pretty much, i know

on ps4 now the media player app is on :)

with that you can play music and videos from a media server or usb maybee we are comming near?

This the same thing they added a while ago or different?

It's different. You can actually view pictures and play video files on it now. Honestly I don't see a issue now with having custom music on wwe 2k16 bc the every fileis selectable. Unlike the USB player where it dosent read picture or video files. I guess Sony has to give 2k the green light now

The media player supports DLNA and I don't see why they can't let us stream the themes from computer to console like I did on the PS3 version.

Exactly now it basically does the same thing the ps3 did with music files but instead of saving the music files in the internal system hard drive wasting space it does it external. I honestly prefer external since ps4 games are big.

on ps4 now the media player app is on :)

with that you can play music and videos from a media server or usb maybee we are comming near?

This the same thing they added a while ago or different?

It's different. You can actually view pictures and play video files on it now. Honestly I don't see a issue now with having custom music on wwe 2k16 bc the every fileis selectable. Unlike the USB player where it dosent read picture or video files. I guess Sony has to give 2k the green light now

The media player supports DLNA and I don't see why they can't let us stream the themes from computer to console like I did on the PS3 version.

Exactly now it basically does the same thing the ps3 did with music files but instead of saving the music files in the internal system hard drive wasting space it does it external. I honestly prefer external since ps4 games are big.

You're telling me. I have like 7 or 8 games and my 500GB PS4 is almost full.

If you go to play the music for each entrance does it stop the game (pause) or keep going while you select the music?

Yeah I want to know the same thing. I always thought the game continues if u press the ps button. I will need a lot of practice if that's the case

If you go to play the music for each entrance does it stop the game (pause) or keep going while you select the music?

Yeah I want to know the same thing. I always thought the game continues if u press the ps button. I will need a lot of practice if that's the case

The game pauses when the PS button is pressed.

The game pauses when the PS button is pressed.

Ah, that works. Thanks.

How do you stream from the computer? I found instructions online but it hasn't worked for me.

Same here....anyone know how?

Archived