The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Creepia

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I really wanted to toss my PS4 controller at the TV screen tonight. Was doing a story quest and it glitched on me to where I couldn't progress in it. Luckily the fix was to just reload a checkpoint and no problems after it. Didn't really wanna be forced to start over until I want to start over.

Started a second save game on a higher difficulty level and while the game is kicking my ass, i'm loving it. It's making me play even more cautiously.

I got the Yennefer/Unicorn scene, I have won the game!

Skellige seems like such a daunting place to explore. So much sea travel...

Indeed, I recommend buying some maps from the merchants. It'll save you some time. Thats one area that I use fast travel much more than normal.

Sooo, got to a point after the Lilac & Gooseberries main quest, where the game wasn't allowing me to save, "Game is unable to save" at this time or some shit like that every time I chose the option. I died trying to do some side quest helping some guy clear a battlefield of ghouls. The game wouldn't let me choose either of the three options of loading my last save, loading the last checkpoint, or quitting to the main menu, so I turned it off. Now for whatever reason, everytime I turn on the game, it's stuck at the "Please wait.." screen. Really don't want to delete the save and start over, but I'm probably going to have to.

Just doing some random shit while watching the Canadian GP. It works pretty good using Remote Play. Some Game's controls are mapped poorly for the Vita but Witcher works a treat.

81ACDB5D-0DB7-437B-AA67-DEFDE04017F3_zps

Question time..since I'm not a big Skyrim fan does this game look like Skyriml or completely different?

I saw some gameplay,got really excited but I'm not sure if I should get it or not.It is not really my type of game but I see great reviews and hear a lot of good talk about it

Question time..since I'm not a big Skyrim fan does this game look like Skyriml or completely different?

I saw some gameplay,got really excited but I'm not sure if I should get it or not.It is not really my type of game but I see great reviews and hear a lot of good talk about it

Does it "lool like" Skyrim? No...it's much prettier than Skyrim. Is the gameplay like Skyrim? More or less. Quests are more fun, though...and it's a better game all around, IMO

So...I just did the quest where you're looking for Whoreson...

Went into his place, killed all his men...questioned him about Ciri. Then I had the flashback to Ciri fighting him and his men. This took the most attempts for me out of anything thus far in the game...because I'm an idiot. I kept ignoring the message that pops up about her powers. After about five attempts, I finally read it...and learned how to do the multi-person attack. Man, did I feel dumb. After that I killed Whoreson...(because why the hell wouldn't I?)

Finished my first playthrough and immediately started my second. May go with my alternate choices from The Witcher 2 this time around. See how different (if anything is) some of the story is.

I'd *Censored* Yennifer.

I'd *Censored* every female character that Geralt knows on a name-to-name basis.

Finished my first playthrough and immediately started my second. May go with my alternate choices from The Witcher 2 this time around. See how different (if anything is) some of the story is.

Don't see myself ever starting a second play through...unless the game becomes unplayable after you finish it. I'll just play my current save indefinitely. It takes too long to get any good gear in this game, and I'd rather just do every little thing on the map and keep improving my original character. Sucks that there are achievements for higher difficulties though. I'll never get those if I don't play the game more than once. Probably wouldn't be able to survive the game on a harder level anyway.

Don't see myself ever starting a second play through...unless the game becomes unplayable after you finish it. I'll just play my current save indefinitely. It takes too long to get any good gear in this game, and I'd rather just do every little thing on the map and keep improving my original character. Sucks that there are achievements for higher difficulties though. I'll never get those if I don't play the game more than once. Probably wouldn't be able to survive the game on a harder level anyway.

I had already planned on doing a second playthrough. Also, kinda ended up being having to do one as I didn't win all the horse races and missed a Gwent card during a side mission. I'm leaving the difficulty based trophies/achievements for my final playthrough. I'll kill two birds with one stone there (as I general do with those type of one).

True...I missed a gwent card from the Baron. Meh...I *censored*ing hate gwent though. I always try. I try so hard to do the whole thing...and I just can't. I went into the deck-building menu and it just looked so confusing. They started prompting me about factions and the placement of cards, and my brain caught on fire...and I think I legally died for 4 and half minutes before I came to and decided that I couldn't be bothered with learning this shit.

Something about cards has always left me completely dumbfounded. It doesn't matter if it's a game like Magic, or *censored*ing blackjack or poker. If it involves cards, my brain shuts off. I could handle Pokemon TCG, but that was about it. Even with that, things got a bit much at times...with cards turned sideways and upside down and shit...

True...I missed a gwent card from the Baron. Meh...I *censored*ing hate gwent though. I always try. I try so hard to do the whole thing...and I just can't. I went into the deck-building menu and it just looked so confusing. They started prompting me about factions and the placement of cards, and my brain caught on fire...and I think I legally died for 4 and half minutes before I came to and decided that I couldn't be bothered with learning this shit.

Something about cards has always left me completely dumbfounded. It doesn't matter if it's a game like Magic, or *censored*ing blackjack or poker. If it involves cards, my brain shuts off. I could handle Pokemon TCG, but that was about it. Even with that, things got a bit much at times...with cards turned sideways and upside down and shit...

Yeah, I've never been big into card games myself but Gwent was much different. Also, found myself just stopping to play a few rounds with random shopkeeps. Spy cards are the best for gaining an advantage.

I'm really starting to hate the Ciri flashbacks...they've just been getting more and more difficult for me to complete. I feel like there are too many enemies sometimes, and it's just aggravating. I'm used to using my Witcher powers, having a stronger blade, more armor, my potions, etc...even with her ability to attack five enemies at once, sometimes they chip away at my health so consistently through the battle, that I just die before it's over.

I'm really starting to hate the Ciri flashbacks...they've just been getting more and more difficult for me to complete. I feel like there are too many enemies sometimes, and it's just aggravating. I'm used to using my Witcher powers, having a stronger blade, more armor, my potions, etc...even with her ability to attack five enemies at once, sometimes they chip away at my health so consistently through the battle, that I just die before it's over.

I had this problem for a while too. Unfortunately the best method I've found is to use the dash ability to just hide and wait till your vitality heals up as best as possible before going for another flurry.

It just bugs me. I guess I feel like flashbacks shouldn't be harder than the main game. They already happened...the outcome has already been determined...I would be happy just watching a video of Ciri taking care of business. I really never had any desire to actually play as her. That said, I understand that her journey is meant to feel harder than Geralt's, because she has the Hunt after her...but, still.

I think I'm around level 19 or 20 right now and just got to Skellige and I'm feeling a bit overpowered too tbh. I've gone the Rogue Combat route and upped my fast attacks and dodges while putting in the basics with Axii for help with the certain dialogues where you can go all Jedi mind trick mode on them.

Archived