Mark Haskins vs. Pete Dunne

Damon Moser vs. Mikey Whiplash

Kenny Williams vs. Zack Gibson

Jack Gallagher vs. TK Cooper

Big Daddy Walter vs. Dave Mastiff

Chris Hero vs. Mark Andrews

Matt Cross vs. Sami Callihan

Rampage Brown vs. Tommy End

I know it's for RPW and not Progress, but is anybody else more excited for Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Kurt Angle than any other upcoming match? I can't wait!

The American Hero is going to tear that tea sipping twink apart. Finally the indie scene is going to restore Angle to his former glory, and now that Bryan is out of the picture, he'll reclaim his throne as the best wrestler in the world. Seriously though, at the very least I think Angle is going is going to have one more five star match with Sabre.

My friend Rob Reid predicted that "the sky's the limit" for Will Ospreay just two months ago. Truer words may never have been said as Ospreay has broken out of the pack to become by far the hottest star on the British independent scene, by virtue of winning New Japan Pro Wrestling's Best of the Super Junior tournament and his controversial acrobatic match with Ricochet during the tourney.

On Sunday evening at Revolution Pro Wrestling's sold out York Hall event, Ospreay got a rapturous hero's welcome that few wrestlers could ever generate before his match with Speedball Mike Bailey. The bout milked the controversy for maximum effect in the early going with Ospreay doing the same back flip into a pose spot that caused Vader to get upset on Twitter, before later hitting a Vader Bomb, which Bailey, of course, no sold. A dazzling exchange of flashy kicks and breathtaking dives then ensued with Ospreay eventually picking up the victory with a 450 splash and a springboard Stunner.

Clearly growing in swagger and confidence, Ospreay dropped a pipe bomb on his detractors after the match:

"I want to address something and it's not about what time it is. I tell you what, you know what time it is? It's time to get with the times! The IWC wants to say Ospreay doesn't tell any stories. Now I don't know why they'd want a dyslexic kid to read them Harry Potter...."

The comments were highly ironic given that you may not find a 1,200 fan crowd with a greater proportion of members of the IWC, but when you are that over with your home audience you can say no wrong. Get on the Ospreay bandwagon now, Cagesiders, because barring injury he seems destined for major WWE stardom before he hits 30.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/indies-independent-wrestling-indy-promotions/2016/6/14/11938506/will-ospreay-shoots-on-iwc-tells-his-detractors-to-get-with-the-times

Edited to hide spoilers from this weekend's match against "Speedball" Mike Bailey.

I've never been big on Ospreay tbh. Not sure what he's trying to say with that Dyslexic kid reading Harry Potter comment.

I haven't seen him since his feud with Jimmy Havoc so I dunno if he's improved, but from my experience I feel like the criticism is correct honestly. Flips and stuff are cool, but Ospreay has never really done anything to make me care in the big picture, with the exception of him building to the 630 in his feud with Jimmy. People will like what they like and I'm not saying it's wrong to enjoy his matches, but I just feel like the exhibitionary "art" style of wrestling is dumb after a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived