The PROGRESS Discussion Thread

Oresama

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point in having the Progress World Cup if you already have SSS16?

Whats the point in having 7 or 8 matches on a card each and every show, guess its just a novel interesting way to book a card with random match ups

The PROGRESS World Cup involves eight wrestlers all representing a different country - e.g. Chuck Mambo (England), Adam Brooks (Australia). So no two people from the same country.

On the other hand, SSS16 is just about having 16 of the best wrestlers around in a tournament, regardless of nationalities - this year there were 7 from England, 2 from Wales, 1 from the Republic of Ireland, 4 from the USA, 1 from South Africa, and 1 from New Zealand.

Gotcha, thanks. It's a cool concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Until a couple of weeks ago, I had been trying to decide whether or not to buy a ticket for Chapter 71. Ultimately, I decided against it. Then, earlier this evening, this match was announced:

41760434784_3acd5f6c59_c.jpg

Suffice to say, I now have a ticket for the show.

Until a couple of weeks ago, I had been trying to decide whether or not to buy a ticket for Chapter 71. Ultimately, I decided against it. Then, earlier this evening, this match was announced:

41760434784_3acd5f6c59_c.jpg

Suffice to say, I now have a ticket for the show.

So does Chakara sign with WWE UK if Progress ends up on the Network? Jinny is probably already signed with WWE UK.

I expect it'll be Bad Bones vs Mambo and Adam Brooks vs Tanizaki in the semis, then I'll predict Mambo vs Tanizaki in the final, and while I'd like Mambo to win, I'm kinda leaning towards Tanizaki.

It has since been pointed out to me that Mambo will probably lose to Bad Bones on penalties - because England v Germany - so Tanizaki to beat Bad Bones in the final then, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

US Roster Tour announced:

PROGRESS World Champion

Travis Banks (4th, 5th, 7th August only)
PROGRESS Tag Team Champions
Grizzled Young Veterans
PROGRESS Women’s Champion
Jinny (4th, 11th, 12th August only)
WWE UK Champion
Pete Dunne
NXT Tag Team Champions
Moustache Mountain
Also appearing:

TK Cooper, WALTER (9th, 11th, 12th August only), Flash Morgan Webster, Mark Haskins, Jimmy Havoc, Mark Andrews, Eddie Dennis, Jack Sexsmith (7th, 9th, 11th, 12th August only), CCK, Toni Storm (4th, 11th, 12th August only).

Pretty upset im missing WALTER but the rest of the roster is killer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived