The PROGRESS Discussion Thread

Oresama

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna stick this here:

Tickets for the American debut of British promotion Revolution Pro on Friday 3/31 at 4:30 PM at Wrestlecon over Wrestlemania 33 weekend in Orlando, Florida will officially go on sale tomorrow at 5 PM at www.wrestlecon.com.

Wrestlecon will be split among two hotels in 2017. The Hyatt Regency in Orlando will house the Wrestlecon autograph and photo sessions with over 100 talents appearing as well as special Q&As and more. The nearby Wyndham Resort will be set up as a 1,400 seat arena, complete with elevated bleachers, for eight different live events over the course of the weekend, which will culminate in the 2017 Wrestlecon Supershow.

Guests already announced as signing and taking photos include WWE Hall of Famers Bobby Heenan, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, Tammy Sytch, Madusa, Tito Santana, Tony Atlas, Paul Orndorff, Bob Orton, Barry Windham, Bushwhacker Luke Williams, and Greg Valentine as well as The Rock N' Roll Express, Vickie Guerrero, The Honkytonk Man, Dutch Mantel, The Steiners, Hornswoggle, The Killer Bees, 2 Cold Scorpio, Perry Saturn, Shane "Hurricane" Helms, The Sandman, Vader, Col. Robert Parker/Robert Fuller, Jim Mitchell, Hillbilly Jim, The Boogeyman, Lanny Poffo, Outback Jack, The Headbangers, Barry Horowitz, Jillian Hall, The Godwins, Marty Jannetty, former WWE Diva BB, Stacy Carter, Ron Bass, Leilani Kai, Jacques Rougeau, John Cena Sr., The Warlord, Bill DeMott, Gillberg, Billy Gunn, Kevin Fertig, and Winter/Katie Lea Burchill.

ALREADY ON SALE:

*Thursday 3/30/17 at 8:30 PM - WrestlePro live event tickets.

*Friday 3/31/17 - WrestleCon Expo

*Friday 3/31/17 at 8:30 PM - CZW Best of the Best 2017.

*Saturday 4/1/17 - WrestleCon Expo (includes free admission to Wrestlecon Women's wrestling Supershow)

*Saturday 4/1/17 at 8:30 PM - Wrestlecon Saturday Supershow.

*Sunday 4/2/17 at 10 AM - Mania Moments Brunch

*Sunday 4/2/17 WrestleMania Bus Trip - leaves from three different official Wrestlecon hotels, providing transport to and from Wrestlemania 33 plus a goodie bag and more.

For additional information, visit www.wrestlecon.com.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=104152

Not sure how I feel about the British promotions being a part of WrestleCon. I mean, it's cool and they have easy access to talent that otherwise would be hard/impossible to book, but I hope they bring enough of their own guys over so that it still feels like an authentic RevPro/Progress show. That's a thing I dislike about big conventions, the shows lose their individual feel. CZW at WrestleCon never feels like a real CZW show to me. It feels more like a Sampler show. With that being said though, if Progress was to use these shows to get Pentagon, I wouldn't be complaining.

Cool to see Nixon Newell in Progress. I also hope she'll be in the tournament for the Womens title. She's one of the few women I've seen enough of to actually consider myself a fan of hers. I'd like to see Addy Starr and KLR involved as well. Maybe Viper as well, but I haven't really seen enough of her to feel either way about her. She has some hype behind her, but the only match of hers I've really seen was the Three way at Fear and Loathing last November and she was the least impressive, but she was in the ring with KLR and Nikki Storm so I can't really fault her for that.

Anyone following the Smash vs. Progress news? Seems like it's gonna be a fantastic show. Biggest match announcement so far has to be Mike Bailey vs. Mark Haskins. That's gonna be awesome.

Really like the idea of Bailey vs Haskins both play the loveable underdog taking a beating very well be interesting to see who if either play heel.feel like their styles will mesh well with Haskins countering baileys quick kicks into even quicker submissions :)

It's a shame Bailey can't go to PWG anymore I really feel he would have been this year's BOLA winner if he'd have carried on

Not sure how I feel about the British promotions being a part of WrestleCon. I mean, it's cool and they have easy access to talent that otherwise would be hard/impossible to book, but I hope they bring enough of their own guys over so that it still feels like an authentic RevPro/Progress show. That's a thing I dislike about big conventions, the shows lose their individual feel. CZW at WrestleCon never feels like a real CZW show to me. It feels more like a Sampler show. With that being said though, if Progress was to use these shows to get Pentagon, I wouldn't be complaining.

Cool to see Nixon Newell in Progress. I also hope she'll be in the tournament for the Womens title. She's one of the few women I've seen enough of to actually consider myself a fan of hers. I'd like to see Addy Starr and KLR involved as well. Maybe Viper as well, but I haven't really seen enough of her to feel either way about her. She has some hype behind her, but the only match of hers I've really seen was the Three way at Fear and Loathing last November and she was the least impressive, but she was in the ring with KLR and Nikki Storm so I can't really fault her for that.

Anyone following the Smash vs. Progress news? Seems like it's gonna be a fantastic show. Biggest match announcement so far has to be Mike Bailey vs. Mark Haskins. That's gonna be awesome.

I'm a sponsor for Smash vs Progress night 2 actually! Mike Bailey vs Mark Haskins is gonna be insane. I'm a little jealous of night 1 getting Tarik (Canada's best kept secret I think) vs Zack Sabre Jr.

The triangle tag match they announced is insane too. Super Smash Bros vs Well Oiled Machines (Pepper Parks/Mike Rollins) vs London Riots, as a fan of tag team wrestling that one may be too much to handle!

The card for Chapter 36 is looking good.

PROGRESS Championship Match

Marty Scurll © vs. Mark Haskins vs. Tommy End

PROGRESS Tag Team Championship

British Strong Style vs. The London Riots ©

PROGRESS Atlas Championship Match

Joe Coffey vs. Rampage Brown

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Pastor William Eaver vs. Sebastian

Damon Moser, Eddie Dennis, Jack Gallagher & Mark Haskins vs. The Origin

If The Origin lose, they must disband as a group

Alex Windsor, Dahlia Black & Jinny vs. Laura Di Matteo, Nixon Newell & Pollyanna

A major attraction for PROGRESS Wrestling’s biggest ever show promises to be one of the most epic encounters of 2016 after it was confirmed the clash between Zack Sabre Jr and Tommaso Ciampa will be a best of three falls match.

Fierce rivals ZSJ and Ciampa will no doubt aim to top their previous stellar, thumping contests in front of two thousand fans at the Brixton Academy in London as NXT star Tommaso fulfils his final freelance date before focusing on WWE.

Earlier this month, WWE Cruiserweight Classic standout Sabre Jr told talkSPORT he had no intention of going easy on Ciampa during his farewell indie appearance on September 25 - even though he’s “grateful” to be a part of it.

“I was thinking about ripping his arm off and beating him into submission with it,” armbar master ZSJ coolly predicted.

“But I’m sure he may object to my approach and try to bludgeon my skull with his knees.”

TeVqHMa.gif

Reflecting on their matches over the past 18 months for promotions across Europe and the US - peaking with excellent contests in London as part of 2015’s Super Strong Style 16 tournament and Manchester for PROGRESS - Sabre Jr also revealed how he clicked with his upcoming opponent right from the get-go.

He recalled of their first meeting for the inaugural SSS16 event: “I wanted to have a good match obviously, but it was due to be a challenging day so to have such a great understanding with someone… I don’t think either of us were expecting that.

“It was a special match. And that’s definitely some of the best instant chemistry I’ve ever had.”

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/753347638288867328

However, PROGRESS champ Marty Scurll will be looking to steal the show himself as he defends his title against perennial favourites Mark Haskins and Tommy End in a headlining three-way bout.

Scurll - one of five regular PROGRESS performers listed to appear in Brixton who wrestled on the highly-acclaimed independent outfit’s first show in March 2012 - confirmed his spot in the main event after seeing off the challenge of Mark Andrews in Camden during Chapter 35 last weekend.

Elsewhere on the bill, British Strong Style partners Trent Seven and Pete Dunne will tackle the London Riots for their tag team titles and the Atlas Championship tourney concludes as Joe Coffey stakes his claim for the heavyweight prize in the final against Rampage Brown.

PROGRESS’ future could look very different if The Origin lose to Andrews, Eddie Dennis, Damon Moser and Jack Gallagher. According to the match stipulation laid out by co-owner Jim Smallman on Sunday, the antagonistic foursome of Dave Mastiff, Zack Gibson, El Ligero and Nathan Cruz will be forced to disband if they come up short against the makeshift combo of their super-popular opponents.

Another multi-person confrontation will see Pollyanna, Laura Di Matteo and Nixon Newell will team up to take on Jinny, Dahlia Black and Alex Windsor in PROGRESS’ first six-woman battle.

And Pastor William Eaver, robbed of his PROGRESS title last month due to the interference of Sebastian, will be tested on exactly how many times he can forgive his wrestling brother as the warring pair aim to break each other’s bones, rather than bread.

http://talksport.com/wwe/brit-wwe-cruiserweight-classic-star-zack-sabre-jr-and-nxts-tommaso-ciampa-poised-best-three

• 2 weeks later...

Archived