The PROGRESS Discussion Thread

Oresama

339rdky.png

So I've been really getting into PROGRESS recently and figured I'd start a discussion thread for it. If you've never seen PROGRESS before then check out their YouTube channel, they have several full matches on there and some full shows as well, one of which I've posted below, "Chapter 13: Unbelievable Jeff!" which I highly recommend.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they distribute their shows via download? I checked their site and all they sell are DVDs and their OnDemand service from what I can see, trying to cut down on DVDs because I lack space and I don't like the OnDemand gimmick.

If you go to their on OnDemand page, you can download each event individually.

Do they distribute their shows via download? I checked their site and all they sell are DVDs and their OnDemand service from what I can see, trying to cut down on DVDs because I lack space and I don't like the OnDemand gimmick.

If you go to their on OnDemand page, you can download each event individually.

Yeah, I noticed that afterwards. May have to buy couple of shows. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm pretty blind to the UK indy scene aside from guys who work in Japan or the US like Grado, ZSJ, Mark Andrews, etc.

Just watched Havoc's Q&A. :lol: That interviewer was so awkward.

Random point. I really like the use of the shield rather than belts as the Tag Team Championship. I liked the "Nazi" staff too but I can't complain about the title that replaced it. One of the best looking championships I've seen in quite some time.

Also ENDVR 11 will be taking place on June 21st and here's the first round matches for the Super Strong Style 16:

El Ligero vs Will Ospreay

Mark Haskins vs Jack Gallagher

Rampage Brown vs Big Daddy Walter

Tommy End vs Roderick Strong

Eddie Dennis vs Marty Scurll

Dave Mastiff vs Noam Dar

Damo O'Connor vs Tommaso Ciampa

Zack Gibson vs Zack Sabre Jr

I *censored*ing hate Jimmy Havoc. But in a good way. For real though, the only thing that irks me is that he uses the Rainmaker as his finisher when he's as small and skinny as he is. But he's doing a great job, and his story was beautifully done there.

Really look forward to Mastiff vs. Dar the most. Something about Zack Gibson also draws me in. And I just looked at his picture, never saw him wrestle. Think he'll lose to Sabre Jr. (and by the way, Sabre Jr. vs. Ciampa should be great), but I want to see if Gibson is good.

I've seen Dar/Mastiff a few times and that's always entertaining. I've never seen much of Gibson but I see Sabre winning anyway. The other match I'm really looking forward to is Ligero versus Ospreay, Ligero usually delivers and I've really become a fan of Ospreay recently so I don't mind which way that one goes, pulling for Will though. The only match I don't really care for is Brown/Walter, I've never seen Walter wrestle but Rampage just doesn't interest me.

I've been following Progress for a while now since the venue they do their shows in is really close to where I live and I love what I've seen since I started watching. Definitely gonna have to try to get tickets to their next show and see it in person.

Yeah I've heard that too haha, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled I guess. I know some tickets are available online for the June show for sure so hopefully I'll have some luck come payday...

Oh yeah, there's Ospreay/Ligero too! That should be good. I like Rampage Brown's style. He's a classic big man in appearance, almost WWE style, but to me it works because on PROGRESS he's an exception. Plus he's mostly a "nothing pretty" guy, and I like those guys.

Tommy End also really interests me. I don't think he's that up on the PROGRESS ladder, but I really like his style. I hope he beats Roderick Strong at least, but I won't hold my breath over it.

I agree about End but I don't see him beating Strong although I would like him to, I'd like to see more of him on his own rather than The Sumerian Death Squad. They're one of my favourite teams right now but I'd never actually seen End in a singles match before PROGRESS so I'd like to see more of that but they're the number one contenders right now, so.....

I agree with Rozay on Rampage. I watched Chapter 13 over the last few days and I thought he was a decent talent.

I've seen a little of Walter in wXw. He's the typical big powerhouse who can be super stiff at times.

That card looks pretty good on paper from the guys I know. Never seen Mastiff or Dar but I've heard good things about both. I'm hoping End goes over Strong as well, but in my years of watching independent wrestling I learned that the fly-in rarely goes out in the first round of a tournament.

I agree with Rozay on Rampage. I watched Chapter 13 over the last few days and I thought he was a decent talent.

I've seen a little of Walter in wXw. He's the typical big powerhouse who can be super stiff at times.

That card looks pretty good on paper from the guys I know. Never seen Mastiff or Dar but I've heard good things about both. I'm hoping End goes over Strong as well, but in my years of watching independent wrestling I learned that the fly-in rarely goes out in the first round of a tournament.

Rampage isn't bad by any means, he just isn't my cup of tea. I think that one of US guys could lose and the other one goes through. If so, I think End is more likely to advance than Damo is I wouldn't be surprised if both Strong and Ciampa advance either.

Edit:

"Dont worry if one of your favourites loses out on Night One, EVERYONE in the tournament will return in some way for Night Two!"

I agree. I like Ospreay but I wouldn't want the same person winning it twice in a row. As we mentioned earlier, Tommy End is someone I would like to see break out and become one of the top players in PROGRESS so I'd be all for him winning it.

Archived