CPU vs CPU AI seems pretty poor?

ksdixon

Match Impressions

CAWs are both 85 OVA.

Slow momentum (longer matches) doens't make CAWs use more of their movesets.

Legend difficulty only seems to increase the amount of irish whips and reversals, nothing good.

My CAW Shawn YB completely overuses "Swing Gutbuster" from Standing Grapples > Front Medium Grapples > X + --> for sure. I'm not exaggerating when I say It's almost the only grapple move he uses outside of the rare occasion where two others are substituted in.

AI seems very strike heavy, if he uses 5 seperate grapple moves accross Quick/Medium/Strong I would honestly be surprised.

Shawn YB CAW with Springboard, Outside Dives and Top Rope Dives skills hardly ever uses them. His agility/aerieal range is right up there, he should be using them more.

Very running strike heavy, only uses first attack, never second.

Very Signiature heavy, always tries to pin after sigs. Only hits a finisher using the new 'wake up finishers'.

Matches are the usual quick matches on normal momentum, meaning it's usually strike strike strike, grapple, running strike, strike, strike, sig, pin, win.

I am in desperate need of better AI sliders, and any tricks which will make the CAWs use al their moveset.

Stupid question, but how on earth do you do AI vs AI? I can only do it in tags haha

and yeh, they do overuse certain grapple moves OVER and OVER. Overall though, they are definitely better than some of the last gen games.

Stupid question, but how on earth do you do AI vs AI? I can only do it in tags haha

and yeh, they do overuse certain grapple moves OVER and OVER. Overall though, they are definitely better than some of the last gen games.

Just don't pick a wrestler to control :P

Keep the controller on the selection screen in the middle, before selecting the wrestlers

Or, in Universe mode, just press the Start/Option button

i've been getting great matches with sliders thats i've came across through various boards. i sort of tested out certain ones and then mixed in certain sliders with others to get a better balance. so far its worked like a charm for me.

AI is pretty weak to be honest. It lacks aggression in all the other difficulty levels up to legend. Once on legend it's a bit more aggressive, though not like it was in 2K14. No surprise here, they can't seem to focus on both the graphics and gameplay equally it seems.

Archived