GFW Roster Revealed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Global Force Wrestling issued the following press release this morning:

Global Force Wrestling coming to WrestleCon in Big D

NASHVILLE Global Force Wrestling founders Jeff and Karen Jarrett will represent the promotion at WrestleCon at the Downtown Hyatt Regency in Dallas on April 1 -2.

Wrestlecon will feature more than 100 wrestlers signing autographs and taking pictures with fans from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday. Other GFW stars are expected to join the Jarretts.

Dallas is one of the historic hotbeds for professional wrestling, Jeff Jarrett said. If youve been around this business for a while chances are youve wrestled in the famed Sportatorium, been in the ring with a member of the Von Erich family, know the history. I have and I do. My family co-promoted shows with the Von Erichs.

As for WrestleCon, its a great event for fans, wrestlers and promoters. Its not only a chance to reconnect with old friends in the business but for us to spread the word about Global Force and whats coming in the future.

Information on the schedule of events and tickets can be found at Wrestlecon.com.

Were pleased to have the Jarretts and GFW as part of this years event, said Michael Bochicchio, the organizer of WrestleCon. Jeff has been busy building his new brand, and what better place to connect with fans from all over the world than right here at WrestleCon.

About Global Force Wrestling Global Force Wrestling is a privately owned professional wrestling and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tennessee. Founded in 2014, Global Force Wrestling is changing the wrestling and entertainment industry with an innovative and groundbreaking approach to fan interactivity, storytelling and overall entertainment to engage audiences across television, digital and social media platforms.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99434/global-force-wrestling-heading-to-wrestlemania-weekend.html?p=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been almost two years since Jeff Jarret announced his latest promotion, Global Force Wrestling (GFW) during WrestleMania season back in 2014.

In that time, they've produced an English-language version of a Japanese pay-per-view (PPV), called a press conference, unsuccessfully invaded TNA, held & cancelled live events, crowned their initial champs, had at least one title change and filmed hours of television shows... all without getting said show, Amped, onto a single screen.

That's about to change, according to double-J. In the United Kingdom to promote some upcoming live shows, Jarrett was asked on The Rack podcast about the reported sixteen one-hour episodes which were filmed across three dates in Las Vegas last Fall:

There is a lot of updates, we will be having an update, in what I like to call LA Based here if not this week, for sure next week and that will be a game changer that is for sure for us. I am very excited to spread the news. On the international front we are going to continue to work the contracts. Amped is coming to your television sets to your home very very soon.

It's hard to know what to think here. After the initial announcement, as GFW was announcing "partnerships" with independent promotions across the globe, there seemed to be genuine excitement about the idea - back when we thought is was a 21st century NWA.

In 2016, it seems like a long-shot that Jarrett will get any major television partners to bite on airing Amped when there are already four wrestling companies running weekly shows on North America channels, and none of them is impressing in ratings.

And if he does, will wrestling fans make time for a show headlined by Nick "Magnus" Aldis, Sonjay Dutt and Christina Von Eerie?

At least he's in the TNA Hall of Fame, right?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/2/29/11133370/jeff-jarrett-global-force-wrestling-television-deal

Real Screen reports that Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling has partnered with American Ninja Warrior producer A. Smith & Co. Productions for a new wrestling series that will create a new format of pro wrestling while providing viewers with dramatic storylines and exclusive access to their favorite athletes.

No word yet on the name of the series but it will feature international wrestlers from the GFW roster and the event production style that A. Smith & Co. uses on shows such as NBC's Spartan Race and FOX's Hell's Kitchen.

Arthur Smith, CEO of A. Smith & Co. Productions, said in a statement:

"Global Force Wrestling is a complete reinvention of the sport that will really resonate with viewers – we're taking what fans are traditionally used to seeing and flipping it on its head. All sports go through transitions, and wrestling is primed for its next evolution. We're going to be adding a number of new features and elements that are going to completely change the entertainment level of the sport."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0302/608192/jeff-jarrett-gfw-partnering-with-tv-producers-for-new-format-of/

Real Screen reports that Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling has partnered with American Ninja Warrior producer A. Smith & Co. Productions for a new wrestling series that will create a new format of pro wrestling while providing viewers with dramatic storylines and exclusive access to their favorite athletes.

No word yet on the name of the series but it will feature international wrestlers from the GFW roster and the event production style that A. Smith & Co. uses on shows such as NBC's Spartan Race and FOX's Hell's Kitchen.

Arthur Smith, CEO of A. Smith & Co. Productions, said in a statement:

"Global Force Wrestling is a complete reinvention of the sport that will really resonate with viewers we're taking what fans are traditionally used to seeing and flipping it on its head. All sports go through transitions, and wrestling is primed for its next evolution. We're going to be adding a number of new features and elements that are going to completely change the entertainment level of the sport."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0302/608192/jeff-jarrett-gfw-partnering-with-tv-producers-for-new-format-of/

"GFW was a flop, but this is sure to be a success!"

– We noted earlier in the week that Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling has partnered with American Ninja Warrior producer A. Smith & Co. Productions for a new series that will create what they call a “revamped wrestling format.”

No official details have been announced yet but it was reported that the series would feature international wrestlers from the GFW roster with the production style that A. Smith & Co. uses on shows such as NBC’s Spartan Race and FOX’s Hell’s Kitchen.

In an exclusive update, the plan is for the show to be a 13-week series. Right now they are looking at doing one new 13-week series every year but obviously something like that would depend on how successful the first series is. They are also looking at eventually running pay-per-view events.

Players involved were meeting this week to work out more details and dates. The plan is to tape matches over several events that will narrow a group of indie wrestlers down to 16. It looks like GFW is partnering with a few established indie promotions on the East and West coast to provide them with talent. Wrestlers will be judged by a panel of three “industry experts” and it looks like that is how they will narrow the field down to 16. Jim Cornette may be one of those judges but I couldn’t confirm that.

The final 16 will be featured at a TV taping in Las Vegas later this year to determine a winner. I’ve heard that they are in talks with a “major cable network” and have plans to announce everything in May, including the TV deal.

It should be noted that the source of this information reiterated how everything is still up in the air and the format could change. There’s a bit of skepticism among veteran indie promoters involved, and some buzz among wrestlers, but a source commented, “Got to commend Jarrett for still trying.”

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/exclusive-details-on-jeff-jarretts-new-major-cable-network-project-with-gfw/

Former TNA Champion Magnus spoke to Sports Illustrated recently for a new interview, you can check out highlights below, and the full interview at this link.

GFW and why he left TNA:

"GFW is a start-up, so I'm not under contract there. They're not in any position to be signing anyone to a contract. I want to dispel this idea that I left TNA in order to join GFW. I certainly don't want that to be the idea at TNA. I hate the idea that there's a notion floating around that there are sour grapes. I have nothing but gratitude for TNA, and I'm not backtracking from anything I've said, but I want to make that clear. The situation with TNA is thisbusiness wise, at the time, TNA was not in a favorable period. They said to me, "Look, your contract is coming up. The offer we would be able to make you is an embarrassment and a slap in the face to your work and your value to the company." So I said, "OK, then don't make the offer. I'll venture out and see what happens." I'd been under contract there for six years, and the majority of my adult life after signing with them at 21, and there was never any "Screw you, I'm out of here." They were very honest, it was emotional, and there was no desire for it to end on either end."

Having shoulder surgery:

"It was a very successful surgery and I've been cleared by doctors. I was fortunate. It's a rough idea, but knock on wood, it's the worst thing I've ever had in ten years as a full-time wrestler. I've never really been sidelined by an injury until now. I'm pretty much ready to go back to full work and full booking. I'm in a limbo period in my career being a free agent and unsure where to try and attempt to go next, and unaware of where may or may not be interested. It forces you to reflect. There was definitely a part of me that had fallen into a little bit of a comfort zone, but luckily I was the person to identify that before anyone else. I've been going to gymnastics coaches and working on jiu-jitsu to integrate that into my work and evolve. There is a lot of emphasis now on moves and the term 'work rate,' and there is a real emphasis on what I call selfish workers. Their whole MO is "What can I do to make myself look good?" instead of "What can we do to take the fans on this great story?"

Possibly being a duo with Mickie James:

"We would make a pretty cool pairing at this point. We have great chemistry, and we can both talk, we can both work, and we have a deep respect and appreciation of what one another can do. We are open to it now, and it could be a really cool way to reinvent ourselves. Lucha Underground really interests me. The biggest problem with the business right now for the boys is that the remaining market share that doesn't belong to WWE is divided up by so many companies. TNA used to have that market share, but now it's divided up by so many entities. Financially, it's not a great time to be a wrestler because it's the same portion of market share divided up by more entity, but Lucha Underground is so different that it could bring in new fans. I'm very much a free agent. I just started working with [agent] Bill Behrens, who has done great work with AJ Styles and Moose. I'm absolutely at a point where I'm refreshed and my passion is back, and it's time for me to explore more and reinvent myself. I'm going to be better than ever wherever I go."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0311/608486/magnus-says-he-a-free-agent/

Archived