Severe Lag

maskedmaniac

For my PC, my processor is under the recommended speed for the game, so I too had to adjust some settings. Here's what I did to fix my lag about 95% of the time;

Turned my resolution to 720p instead of 1080p (my setting is at 1600x900).

Changed Audience Density to 20 (I don't care about the audience too much as long as some are there).

Turned Audience Tesselation off. (Again, don't care)

I'd try doing all of the above before turning anything else off. If that doesn't work, turning off FXAA would be my next thing to turn off. VSync always takes a number on whatever game you run it on, so turning it off might help, but I personally think VSync is a must (I HATE screen tearing).

Thanks! I turned off the shadows and it made things looks extremely weird. It's like the wrestlers were fighting on ice. I will try some of this because if I can't play tag matches because of slow down I won't be able to advance past the 3rd match in the HBK/HHH showcase.

Sounds like your processor or HDD is to blame (probably processor, unless your HDD is only 5600rpm). To fix the load times, really the only two options are to upgrade your processor or upgrade your HDD to an SDD or SSHD (I have a SSHD and it works pretty well).

What are your PC specs?

Your processor should be fine. Its better than the one I have, lol. You have the minimum requirement for RAM, so getting a bit more wouldn't hurt sometime. All in all though, none of the 3 pieces of hardware you mentioned come close to the recommended requirements for the game. In turn, while its painful, lowering your resolution further and turning V-sync off may be the only solution that doesn't involve paying for new parts.

If it were me, the first thing I'd do when I could was get either another 2gb card or 4gb card of RAM. Then, I'd work on getting a better GPU. Your CPU should be fine.

I did some things that made the game run pretty good, even with more than 2 people in the ring. I turned off FXAA, and changed the MSAA to 4x instead of 8x. Not sure what the MSAA is, but turning it down seemed to make a difference.

Yeah, uh, upon playing some matches with these settings I realized certain things were completely black, like the ring mat, the title belt, the ladder, the cage, ropes. Guess I gotta revert to my old settings.

Archived