The Podcast Discussion Thread

XXX.

During his recent podcast, Jerry Lawler noted the following about longtime WWE announcer Howard Finkel:

I just heard not long ago that Howard is in really, really bad health. Not good at all. He may have had a stroke. Im not sure but I just know that hes not doing well.

Prayers up

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just thought ya'll should know, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder have started an action figure podcast called the "Major Wrestling Figure Podcast." Get it? Get it? Yeah, could've had a better name but I'm about this lol.

Episodes look like their gonna be half an hour long at best for now. So nice, quick listens.

Just thought ya'll should know, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder have started an action figure podcast called the "Major Wrestling Figure Podcast." Get it? Get it? Yeah, could've had a better name but I'm about this lol.

Episodes look like their gonna be half an hour long at best for now. So nice, quick listens.

Fight Me. the god. Thank you. I was bored af right now and needed something to listen to. :lol:

chrisjerichofozzyIt’s official...@americannightmarecody and #TheYoungBucks are #ALLIN on #TalkIsJericho NOW! We discuss selling out the @searscentrearena in Chicago in 30 minutes, who came up with the name, what happened behind-the-scenes at the “disastrous” press conference, how most veteran promoters (including #VinceMcMahon) reacted when they heard about the @all.in.2018 plan, the anxiety of @martyscurll, how they landed big time sponsors like @crackerbarrel & @officialtgifridays, their aborted rocking chair plan, the night #Y2J took a punch from Big Show, and what #DustyRhodes said about it, #EddieGuerrero & #BobbyEaton stories, the brilliance of @hulkhogan as a performer, whether they will go to the @wwe, the magic of @pocariid, the debut of @nickjacksonyb & @mattjacksonyb’s new ring music and more on @westwoodone, @itunes and @applepodcasts NOW!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm-2C8HlGTa/?taken-by=chrisjerichofozzy

• 1 month later...

Ed Nordholm was a guest on the Sitting Ringside With David Penzer podcast.

While on the podcast, he revealed that the purpose of the meeting between the two parties wasnt to discuss a sale of the company, but rather to open up a line of dialogue for future discussions and business opportunities.

Nordholm did admit that TNAs tape library was discussed and seemed to indicate that the WWE was very interested in airing some of the TNA content on the WWE Network.

It doesnt appear that anything concrete was finalized, but the meeting seems to be a step in the direction of the two organizations working together.

• 1 month later...

Aleister Black recently appeared on Chasing Glory With Lillian Garcia and discussed the darkness in his character leading to comparisons between him and The Undertaker. Check out his reaction below as well as how his challenging childhood contributes to his character.

Being Compared To The Undertaker:

"No. I understand people think that because theres a certain element of me that has darkness, but theres only one Undertaker and I could never never fill that void and theres only one Aleister Black and Im the first one. There will never be a second one. The legacy that Undertaker has made is I dont even know how to put it in words. He changed the landscape. Is Undertaker indirectly responsible for Aleister Black? Sure because he opened the door for darker characters. He was the first one to really take it to that level and allowed an audience to see something that wasnt so clean and cut."

Undertaker Being An Influence On Black's Character:

"No. Interestingly enough, I gravitated toward him when I was older because I didnt grow up watching WWE. I was 16 when I saw my first ever WWE pay-per-view. I wasnt aware of The Undertaker because I grew up watching New Japan and WCW because thats what we had in Amsterdam. I gravitated toward him because I loved the aura he presented. I loved that he was a character that I could relate to, but I would not say that I am the modern day versionof The Undertaker. I am not and I would also not feel comfortable saying that. Darkness is darkness by definition, but darkness can be interpreted in many different ways. He was definitely one that opened that door and showed the entire world something differenthe brought a different lightsomething that wasnt seen before."

His Relationship With His Father Playing Into The Presentation Of The Aleister Black Character:

"I was 13 years old when my dad got a complete emotional breakdown. My dad had a very interesting and very tricky childhood and he carried that into our family life and my dad got into depression for five years. Growing up for me, my dad was the Terminator. A lot of fear came from my dad and my dad never meant to, thats first and foremost. It was very difficult and I get that, but once I understood why he was the way he was and I say was because hes no longer that way: it started getting better. Once I understood the dynamics of what made my dad work the way he did and the anger issues that my father dealt with and for some reason it got easier for me and my dad did a 180 and became a completely different person. I often reference my dad as my best friend and my worst enemy. I love my dad very much and he is a fantastic human being, but it took him awhile to get there, which is OK. He got there. My dad is a lovable, social, funny, intelligent, smart, creative guy. He was just dealt a really bad bucket growing up and I think having kids kind of put him face to face with that, especially when we got older and got more emotional. My dad couldnt handle it because my dad was brought up to not feel. My dad was brought up in a manner which I dont feel comfortable talking about, but he grew up in a manner where he was told for a long period of time, Men are here to work; women are here to give birth. Thats it. Men dont cry. Men dont hug. Men are not involved. He was programmed to do one thing. He already rebelled against that system. He ran away from home when he was 15 because he couldnt deal with it. He couldnt deal with what his parents wanted. I often say my character has references to the devil and its more in the sense of paradise lost where you see everything from the perspective of the devil and theres a poemthe baseline of the poem is when the devil fell from earth, what did he do? Did he create a new kingdom of fire and brimstone? Did he rebel against paradise? Did he become evil? Did he do all these things? Yes, but the first thing he did was cry because he lost his dad and a lot of people forget that theres a redeeming quality. Theres a story and I find the story behind all these things very interesting and I feel Aleister Black is a certain way because of how I went through life and I implemented that into my character. Theres something tragic about Aleister Black. There was something tragic about Tommy End, but Tommy End was more, F the system and Im fighting against the system, but not necessarily mature enough to understand why he was fighting the system. Aleister Black understands why he fights the system and I base that off how my dad grew up and I base that off referencing the devil in the sense of we all see him as this evil guy, My God he does this and all that, but he was someones son at one point."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Earlier this week, Chris Jericho appeared as a guest with comedian / radio host Jim Norton and WWE pre-show regular / radio host Sam Roberts on “The Jim & Sam Show” and spoke at length about his current relationship, or lack thereof, with WWE.

According to the wrestling legend, he is completely on the outs from WWE after signing a contract to join the new pro wrestling upstart promotion, All Elite Wrestling (AEW).

During his appearance on the SiriusXM radio show earlier this week, Jericho revealed where he stands behind-the-scenes with WWE since joining AEW and appearing as a surprise at the “Double Or Nothing Rally” in Jacksonville, Florida on Tuesday, January 8th.

When asked if he has spoken with Vince McMahon since parting ways with WWE in favor of joining the AEW movement, Jericho said that he has, but made it clear that he isn’t considered to be on good terms — by any means — with WWE.

“I’ve talked with him a couple of times,” said Jericho during ‘The Jim & Sam Show’ interview this past Thursday morning. “But I’m kind of public enemy number one there now.”

Jericho added, “I’ve been kind of removed from the annals of history [in WWE].”

As he would go on to elaborate, Jericho revealed that all WWE Superstars have apparently been banned from appearing on his weekly Talk Is Jericho podcast at WestwoodOnePodcasts.com.

“I asked the other day if I could have a couple of their guys on my podcast to promote [WrestleMania 35] and I was told, ‘No, it’s not appropriate because you’re in AEW,'” Jericho told Norton and Roberts.

He added, “I am banned from WWE.”

Regarding being removed from WWE content since the public announcement that he had signed with AEW, Jericho named some videos on Xavier Woods’ official WWE video game YouTube channel, UpUpDownDown, as well as some references on the WWE Network original series, The Edge & Christian Show.

“I know that they had to take some videos down from UpUpDownDown of me playing,” said Jericho. “They edited some stuff from The Edge & Christian Show that had my name on it [as well].”

Check out the complete Chris Jericho interview from “The Jim & Sam Show” from SiriusXM via the video player embedded below. (The Chris Jericho interview begins at the 2:34:10 mark of the video).

Smh booo

They be like that. The last WWE guest was Ali back in January, probably a week after AEW was announced so I think that one might've been in the can already.

Over the past month or so i've been listening to 83 weeks with Eric Bischoff when commuting to work. I started from the first episode and it's fantastic. Up to the Goldberg beating Hogan for the title episode now.

Conrad also has a pod with Bruce Prichard if you haven't checked it out yet. And he also has one with Tony Schiavone if you want another WCW one to listen to.

Over the past month or so i've been listening to 83 weeks with Eric Bischoff when commuting to work. I started from the first episode and it's fantastic. Up to the Goldberg beating Hogan for the title episode now.

Conrad also has a pod with Bruce Prichard if you haven't checked it out yet. And he also has one with Tony Schiavone if you want another WCW one to listen to.

Yeah i saw he did those ones as well. There is a lot of content to get through with the 83 weeks with Bischoff first before i switch. I appreciate you giving me the heads up, cheers mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Jericho was recently a guest on Sam Roberts & Jim Nortons Radio Show. During the interview, he recalled a backstage encounter that he had with Brock Lesnar after Summerslam 2016. Jericho took issue with Lesnar busting open Orton in the manner that he did and when no one would confirm or deny whether it was supposed to happen, he confronted Lesnar.

Jericho went onto say that he would have used dirty tactics had they come to blows since he knew that there was no way hed be able to take Lesnar in a real fight. He also revealed whether or not he has respect for Lesnar as of today. Here are the highlights from the interview:

On Thinking That Hed Try To Bite Brocks Nose Off:

Yeah he did some stuff that I felt he shouldnt have done and no one would tell me if it was supposed to happen or not and then he started yelling at me I was like, F*ck this guy. I started yelling back. I remember I was face-to-face with him and I just remember looking at him [and thinking], Hes got the biggest, ugliest nose. Like this f*cking giant nose, and Im like, if he does anything, Im just gonna bite his nose off. Hes gonna kill me either way, so hes gonna kill me with no nose. I dont care.

On Not Being Afraid To Fight Dirty:

Absolutely [Knowing that someone of Lesnars stature could hurt him]. Thats when you lose I guess your common sense, but thats the way for me and Im not saying Im a tough guy but theres a certain level as a man where you start saying, I dont care how big you are, I have to do something, and if I go down, I go down swinging. Also, Im not going in there with a defeatist attitude. Its like whatever happens happens but I have my game plan and well see what goes down. This has always been my motto for fighting: Everyones got nuts, and everyones got knees. I dont care how big you are. If I can kick you in the nuts or if I can kick your f*cking knees in, Ill have a chance.

On Whether Or Not He Respects Brock Lesnar:

I also wanna say that I respect Brock Lesnar and what he has done with the business and how he has really made a lot of money minimally. So I wanna say that. I dont think hes a dick. We just had an issue and its done.

You can listen to the full interview below:

Archived