The Podcast Discussion Thread

XXX.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't get about this whole deal though, is that if you watch Raw Cole is usually the one to start shitting on Booker.

Cole feels less smarmy than Corey though. Graves is kinda smarmy like Matt Striker was, but on a much funnier level.

In an interview with the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast (via SportsKeeda), Booker T spoke about why he started a worked feud with Corey Graves. The two traded shots over Booker T leaving RAW before revealing it was fake. Here are highlights:

On why he took shots at Graves: Brad and I, we just had a last segment, 14 minutes, where we had nothing to talk about. Not one thing. We were trying to fill in time so our sponsors and the station wont get mad at us. We filled the time slot and Corey Graves took the brunt of it.

On what it accomplished: What this proves is wrestling is still alive, the angles are still alive, the storylines could still be valid if one played them properly. People really thought I was mad at Corey Graves to the point that Forbes, USA Today, SB Nation everybody picked it up.

He added that he did get heated by one of Graves comments about him on RAW, but said they were just joking around.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/booker-t-reveals-worked-feud-corey-graves/

WWE Superstar Elias recently made an appearance on Edge and Christians E & Cs Pod of Awesomeness podcast. During the interview, Elias discussed working in NXT, issues with his drifter gimmick and Triple H believing in him. Check out the interview highlights below:

On his time in NXT:

Since I was an independent wrestler, you always wanted to be on Monday Nights, or SmackDowns, PPVs, and all that stuff, but I have to say, when I was in NXT I was absolutely set on that I had to have a TakeOver match, I wanted to be featured on NXT. Yeah, I know the audience is more of a hardcore based audience, but in my head I believe I could have done that as well, but they had other plans. When I was in NXT I was all in with NXT and wanted to be on all the Take Over events and all that stuff.

On the issues with his drifter gimmick in NXT:

There definitely were times that I had issues, but when I first started doing the Drifter in NXT, I remember I just wanted to sit in the back turnbuckle corner and strum the guitar. I thought that would have been the coolest thing; I wouldnt have to sing or say anything I kind of thought that it would be mysterious and cool.

On Triple H believing his "drifter" gimmick would work on the main roster:

Triple H has told me specifically from the very first time when he saw me, he said that it would be a better main roster character than NXT. It never really clicked with the NXT audience the way it has. The way I see it, I took my live event act in NXT and brought it to the main roster. They saw the live event act and said lets put that on TV. On NXT, I would sing songs, but wouldnt even do that, plus it was very dark and cryptic, but this is the kind of stuff I was doing on live events in NXT before being called up.

On seeing his character evolving:

I definitely see my character evolving. I dont want it to run until the wheels fall off. I am definitely going to get the most out of this incarnation of it, then hopefully whatever the crowd reacts to it, and storylines take me there are many level. Think about just any kind of rockstar who has had a journey; they have their ups and downs, their egos and demands and then they hit rock bottom. Theres a million ways to go with Elias, in my mind I see it evolving in many different ways.

On Terry Taylor asking him if he could sing to the crowd:

One time I went to Largo, Florida and Terry Taylor came up to me and asked if I could sing a song tonight and I said, OK, about what? He said that I should sing about the crowd. I came up with a song that night and the song kind of clicked right off the bat, so I evolved it from there. I started asking, at the time, Who wants to walk with The Drifter? I would then tell a little story; it all really started at NXT, even though the NXT audience didnt really get to see that side of me too much; the live events crowd definitely did see that.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/50741/Elias-Talks-Issues-With-His-Drifter-Gimmick-In-NXT/

Full podcast: https://art19.com/shows/ecs-pod-of-awesomeness

Shawn Michaels recently appeared on X-PAC 12360, discussing the Young Bucks possibly coming to WWE, working in NXT and more

About The Young Bucks and Why He Would Want Them To Come to the WWE: I have met them {Young Bucks} but it was a pretty brief encounter but you know I hear great things about them, you know phenomenal workers and that Kenny Omega kid. I get it that people dont wanna be part of the WWE for one reason or another and I totally 100 percent understand that I just want the most talented guys that are doing this line of work to be able to do it in a place where they can reap the most rewards. There are people that think they are making a phenomenal living away from the WWE and I have no doubt that they are but I still hope there comes a day where all these guys will come to the WWE and have the opportunity to do it on a bigger stage. I enjoy the world being able to appreciate what is we do. And if you can do it at a phenomenal level, Id like everybody to see that and WWE is the place where you can show that and thats not to take anything away from everybody else if a dude like me can make a living surely those guys can.

On being paired with Sensational Sherri and what she added to his character: I received a phone call about how they were putting me with Sherri and I got the music and stuff like that. I remember them playing it for me(Sexy Boy Song), Sherri had gone out on TV and done the promo talking about me and putting herself with me I wasnt sure I was trying to figure out who I was and what I was going to be. Im in my whole trying to find myself leaving The Rockers and taking time to do that. And again Pat Paterson he said, Look, Sherri has been with two guys, okay DiBiase and Savage both top guys We put you with her because shes going to raise your stock. You get put next to her and that is going to put you on another level. And I was like, OH. And then, of course, Sherri and I were friends from the old AWA days It started out with the boy toy thing but then them putting her with me sort of gave me a direction. Again back then I dont think they were called Cougars back then. But clearly, that was the vibe we were sort of given with she and I go out there with one another It gave me a sexual component that I wasnt aware I was going to have, but because I was with her it gave me that area.

On how Triple H asked him to be a coach at the performance center: Hunter mentioned to me that we (NXT) have a whole lot of people who havent been where youve been and what you have done. I just feel like youll bring in a different perspective. Youve done a lot of Wrestlemania; Youve been through a lot of experiences good, bad & otherwise. There is a value in that, a lot of dos and donts good and bads; You certainly can help guys face every possible situation that theyre going to come up against.

On how being a bad guy in the ring is better than being a babyface: I dont know anybody that doesnt like being a bad guy better than being a good guy. I dont want to say its easier, certainly, at one time there was a lot of responsibility being a bad guy; Such as controlling the match, being the temple having the feel of the people, things in that nature. Creatively I think people feel more at ease of being a bad guy; because almost feel like whether its true or not you feel like you can do anything.

On staying away from wrestling when he retired: I retired because I wanted to stay home with my wife & children. For me when I retired I felt that I needed to be adamant about the fact that I wanted to be away, away and if I skip in and out people will get the impression you want to still be around it. The schedule whether you try and start once a month, two then four, six and before you know it youre back full time; so I knew I needed to stay away.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/shawn-michaels-discusses-young-bucks-wwe-working-nxt/

Full podcast:

Archived