The Podcast Discussion Thread

XXX.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah thats true. Out of all of them i like Adam the most ill say.

Really? That's strange I don't think he is all that unique. Hes cool though. The best one is DUUUUUUEEEEEEELLLLLLLL and maybe Htial.

EDIT; or do you mean the best out of those few I listed?

I didn't. I wasn't insulting anybody. I was generalizing.

And worse and more frequent is a guess on your part. TNA was at its best when he was writing. That's long after the storylines you mentioned. And the Attitude Era made the WWE ratings skyrocket to record numbers, that's a big deal lol.

And eh, the angles aren't even that terrible aside from David being champ for fans who take wrestling super serious. The rest like the Mark Henry one for example are minor anyways. Who cares.

Uh.......um........

Nope. Not even gonna.

Actually, I am gonna. TNA was, arguably, at its best in 2012. That was when, guess what, Vince Russo was fired before they brought him back in.

2012? No. 2005-2007.

That time period had some of the worst PPV matches ever though

2007 did. Those 3 years also had some of TNA's absolute best matches including the triple threat at Unbreakable and the X-Division stuff.

And to Beard, I wasn't saying WWE hasn't had any bad angles since Russo left, I was saying if he was in creative the bad angles would only get worse and more frequent. Also you're a " smark" as well, that word describes a wrestling fan that has knowledge about wrestling beyond kayfabe, I don't get why people use it as an insult.

I don't get why people still use smark/mark at all, tbh.

I get the word 'mark' tbh. As far as I'm concerned, we are all marks for wrestling. Any kind of it.

Smarks? I cannot STAND that word. Especially when people throw it around as if it's a derogatory term.

And to Beard, I wasn't saying WWE hasn't had any bad angles since Russo left, I was saying if he was in creative the bad angles would only get worse and more frequent. Also you're a " smark" as well, that word describes a wrestling fan that has knowledge about wrestling beyond kayfabe, I don't get why people use it as an insult.

I get the word 'mark' tbh. As far as I'm concerned, we are all marks for wrestling. Any kind of it.

Smarks? I cannot STAND that word. Especially when people throw it around as if it's a derogatory term.

That's funny because they're both derogatory terms. Mark especially is such a carny word. I can stand it when people use it for 'marking out' or whatever but when I see someone call someone a mark or a smark I just roll my eyes.

Mark's are mark's because wrestling was originally a grift and that's what grifters/swindlers call their targets. MRN's right it's not really a nice word to call someone, it's calling them oblivious or easy or whatever.

If you're rolling your eyes by it, you must be at least a little offended by it, no?

It'd be a lie to suggest marks and smarks don't exist. Hell, people in the business even classify some fans as marks/smarks. Deservedly so.

I roll my eyes when Reigns says bitch 50 times in a promo to get a cheap pop, doesn't mean I'm offended by it.

That's cause a lot of people in the business are con artists. Some are even assholes, shocker, right?

lol dude I can't take you seriously sometimes. Not because I'm taking a personal shot here but because you literally regurgitate what Big Dave says when you're conversing on here...

He legit used the "con artist" line for the exact same reason in a tweet this week. So...is it a mere coincidence or am I talking to a parrot?

Lmao, actually a coincidence cause I don't even follow him on twitter. And for someone who takes so much issue with him you seem to be follow him quite a lot. Did he call people assholes too? I just used con artists becuase I'd used carnies before and didn't want to repeat myself :/

I don't take actual issue. Truth be told, I think the dude's a genius if he's actually making six figures off rating wrestling matches. Doesn't mean I agree with his philosophy on wrestling but I respect him for making a living out of it.

But yeah, I don't follow him or Russo. But Russo followers attack Dave on Twitter and he gives them the time of day, so it's fine entertainment when I'm sitting down at work.

As for my comment towards you, it was fun-spirited in all honestly. But he used the exact same line you did to defend himself when somebody called him a mark lol.

That's funny because they're both derogatory terms. Mark especially is such a carny word. I can stand it when people use it for 'marking out' or whatever but when I see someone call someone a mark or a smark I just roll my eyes.

Funny thing about the word 'mark' though. Usually when people in the wrestling business call others marks, they ARE marks to begin with. You'd have to be one in order to love the absurdity that usually follows. Hence why 'mark' doesn't bother me at all.

And about that remark on TNA? Yeesh, I completely forgot about their 2005 run. They've been shitty for so long that it flew over my head. And no, I do not associate Vince Russo with that level of success with that company.

Archived