The Podcast Discussion Thread

XXX.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solomonster's podcasts have been pretty good recently, as is "Good mic work".

My only issue is why they have to swear so much, I don't mind it in context, but sometimes it does seem like it's just for the sake of doing it.

Edge posted the following on Twitter, announcing that the E & C Pod Of Awesomeness, which debuts on March 24, will include fan interaction

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/843522005861326848

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-news-edge-christians-podcast-to-be-interactive-finn-balor-posts-photo-from-live-event/

Yeah, I'm surprised Jericho hasn't helped them get on Podcast One like the rest of his buddies. Talk n Shop would be an amazing edition to the Jericho Network.

Adam Cole, whose ROH contract expires at the end of April, is on the latest episode of The Steve Austin Show, which you can listen to at this link: http://www.podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show-Clean

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/817779-news-for-tonights-205-live-wwe-celebrates-the-hero-in-all-of-us-randy-orton-hits-an-rko-on-daniel-bryan-videos-adam-cole-note

The debut episode of Edge and Christian's Pod Of Awesomeness with WWE Universal champion Bill Goldberg was really good.

During his appearance, Goldberg mentions the new attitude of the locker room saying that there are no big characters in locker room. Edge questions if the guys are handcuffed. Goldberg explains that things are more structured now and that management may not have the faith in the current roster to do whatever they want.

They obviously talk about Goldberg facing Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 33 and the challenges that are involved when it comes to fans' perception. Goldberg promised a knockdown, drag-out "blood fest" at Wrestlemania and said they are both going to do things beyond the constraints of their previous encounters. Goldberg implied that they were not allowed to do very much in the first few encounters in order to garner interest in a third bout and to play on people's nostalgia of his character.

Goldberg mentioned how physically taxing this current run has beenfrom travel, training , balancing work and family. He even mentioned the problems with picking up Rusev due to excessive training, busting himself open before going out on live TV, his relationship with Vince McMahon and more.

The episode also features discussion about Christian taking one of the best spears, taking the Universal Title to his Goldberg's son's class, injuries, training when you're older and knowing that he is not the man he was when he was younger. Goldberg was very humble and self-deprecating.

Also on the show, Edge and Christian listen to fans on the voicemail line and have disastrously beautiful results.

To hear the full episode, click here: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fart19.com%2Fshows%2Fecs-pod-of-awesomeness&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNECSXBuMpnx9LrgI5YLZeAWfk8rtQ.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=108597

WWE SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon will be the special guest on the second episode of Christian and WWE Hall of Famer Edges Pod of Awesomeness podcast. Last Fridays premiere episode with WWE Universal Champion Bill Goldberg topped sports & recreation charts in the United States and ranked high on overall charts in the US, Canada and the UK. The show is available via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify and Google Play.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/edge-and-christian-update-john-cena-and-nikki-bellas-road-to-wrestlemania-wwe-24/

Simon Gotch recently appeared on Vince Russos podcast (transcript via wrestlezone.com), here are the highlights

On Who Was Most Responsible For His Character: It was really a group effort honestly. Dusty obviously had a lot to do with it. Part of the Communication Skills class that Dusty [Rhodes] lead us with, well the goal was you had to pop Dusty if you can make Dusty laugh or smile. Me and Bull Dempsey did a promo one time, we actually did a silent movie. We did the whole bit where I pull out a sledgehammer, he pulls out a fairly larger sledgehammer, we do the whole thing and ultimately the whole promo built, we did around 4 or 5 of them where Bull is shaking his finger at me like hes mad at me and I point to the sky, he looks at the sky and I put him in a choke hold. So he goes out and I try and grab his body out of the way, but I cant so I grab a chair and sit on top of him and tip-toed out. The whole idea was to get Dusty to laugh. The entrance came up was Triple Hs idea. The day we debuted on TV, and right after WrestleMania the following year, Triple H told us that we [with Aiden English] would be a team now. We literally came up with our entrance the same day we debuted.

On the NXT Environment: The thing is, I never felt a competitive nature, which is just my personality. Im not what you call a highly-competitive person. I believe that if my work is good it will stand out, or it wont. If I did something good it will stand out, if I didnt then it wont. I actually had this conversation with Jason Jordan, who is a great guy and exceptional wrestler. One of the things that were preached early on in NXT. In the early days of FCW, there was a sign that said, Youre not here to fill a spot, you are here to take a spot, just trying to promote that competitive ideology. I looked over at Jason one day and said that the sign is complete garbage; he asked me why and I said, Well, you are you, and I am me. I cant do your job and you cant do mine. You are this jacked adonis, bi-racial Superman with an amateur wrestling background that people would kill to have. You are charming as hell and athletic as long as the day is long. I cant do anything you can do, and in the same way because of a lot of the stuff that I do because of my background, you cant do. We arent competing for the same jobs because they hired us to fill two separate positions, so a lot of the time, and this plays in for the reason as to why some are being called up before other people. You might say Guy A is better than Guy B, well yeah, but they need Guy B right now. Guy A fills the need right now. Lets say we need someone to feud with The New Day. For example, look at The Revival, Dash, and Dawson, great tag team. You go, we need a tag-team; alright, we need a heel tag team because we might have a great babyface tag team, but right now, we dont need a babyface tag team, we need a heel tag team. We need a heel tag team that can do main event style matches with The New Day, so they get called up. When you see talent getting squandered that were in NXT its usually because they are called up without a plan. They say that they would want to bring up a character, and then you ask, okay, well what are you going to do with the character? They will say, we dont know, lets just figure it out when we get there, which is usually the idea of not thinking that far ahead. If you see get someone get called up before someone else is because they have an idea for what they want to do and that character is part of that idea.

On Getting Called Up to the Main Roster: Its a funny story, it wasnt really that different, it was just different people. The funny story is we get the call-up; so, the previous day they are shooting footage for the NXT guys on the Network, so I think it was Enzo and Cass, Baron Corbin I think got told on camera by Triple H that they are going to be called up. They mentioned that they are going to tell Apollo Crews, who is one of the best people you will ever meet. We werent mentioned at all in that. We were told that day that Mark Carrano needs to talk with us the next day that afternoon. Aiden [English] and I look at each other and ask what we think the conversation will be about? He said that he had no clue, but it usually means that we are either getting called up or we are being let go. 6:15 am, I had gotten no sleep that night because we were actually part of Triple Hs entrance so we were in rehearsals until 3 am. We get back to the hotel, I sleep for about 2 hours and I get a text message saying that I will talk to you guys at WrestleMania, go back to sleep, we will talk about it later. I go to Axxess, come back to the green room and Kathy Morrell, who is responsible for our travel asks if we are flying back in the group flight back to Orlando, Florida. I said, yes, that is my return, but then she starts texting. She doesnt even look at me and says, Yeah, dont go back to the group flight. I asked Mark [Carrano] and he said that it is okay to tell you guys that you are getting called up so dont go on the group flight. We only found out, legit only 24 hours before. My only thought was, great, Im going to run out of clean underwear because I only packed to go home Monday and youre telling me Im going to come back on Wednesday, so a bunch of us had to actually stop by a Wal-Mart to pick up some random stuff. The funny this is, its pretty much the same thing as the NXT locker room, just a bunch of boys hanging out and having fun. You find people you are always going to click better where you have more in common with some guys and will be able to talk with certain things about people. Bray Wyatt is a perfect example. We talk about horror movies. Charles Robinson is also a big horror movie fan so Charles and I can talk about Evil Dead and stuff like that, so you just find people you can click with and have things in common with.

On Why the Vaudevillains Didnt Work on the Main Roster: I think a lot of it is when you go from NXT to the WWE it all just depends on how you are integrated into the system. Sometimes you are woven in well and other times it doesnt work. There are some guys it works well with, like look at Baron Corbin for example. They did the whole thing with him winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, who wasnt even one of the announced guys, he was just a big guy who was in there, so when he wins the thing, hes a name already. Similarly look at Apollo Crews, hes being used in a full capacity at the time or not, you look at him and know that he is going to be a big star. Hes in great shape, super athletic, can work like a cruiserweight at 250 lbs, which not a lot of people can do. I do feel that we needed a little more explanation but at the same time, its like, well, we are kind of off and running. You cant undo something; once you start with what you are given you work with it. They told us that, look, you are called up and have done everything you can in NXT and we want to call you up to the main roster and you will just have to work with it. With the example of Nakamura, who just debuted on SmackDown. You didnt have to do vignettes with Shinsuke, but immediately once he goes out you are drawn to his personality. He has all this energy when he is moving that you can put him out there and the audience will be drawn to right away. There are some guys where they are a little more cerebral where, just like us, you needed a little more thought into what you are given, so you just work with what they give you and you go with it. Like I said about the call-ups, sometimes you are in the position because they need you. They need a heel team for the New Day to work with, we have the Vaudevillains coming up, okay great, how do we get them there? Well, we have to do this because we have to get them up against the New Day by this point. Its one of those things where you have to put it together after you figure out what they are going to do with you, so you have to figure out how you are going to go from A to B you just have to fill it in.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/simon-gotch-on-why-the-vaudevillains-didnt-work-on-the-wwe-main-roster/

Archived