The Podcast Discussion Thread

XXX.

So a lot of wrestlers and wrestling personalities have podcasts these days and I think there a lot of interesting ones to talk about! What's your favorite one/episode? Share your favorite with us!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes finally! Always wanted to make this thread but I felt I'd be the only one posting in it haha.

I listen to(in order from best to worst):

1. The Solomonster Sounds Off (best pure wrestling show because he actually reviews NXT, and LU unlike some. TNA too but idgaf about TNA)

2. Wrestling Soup (most entertaining show all around. Could listen to Joey and Mish talk for hours)

3. The Steel Cage (multi man crew shows are fun. Their WrestleMania weekend stuff was really fun too, especially because they all went and were all live with each other)

4. Don Tony & Kevin Castle (they're the OGs and I enjoy them a lot, but I disagree with a lot of what they say, they're more old fashioned so a lot of their references I don't understand and some of the harassing for money thing can be annoying. Still a good show though.)

5. Asked with Riv, Landin & Ed Wood (it's not really a WWE show..but they talk about wrestling in a more comedic, offensive and sarcastic matter. The show could be very offensive, and it's not for everyone but it can also be entertaining. It's annoying sometimes but you get used to it. I found them after the Seth Rollins dick pics leaked because they had a guest caller that was supposedly one of Rollin's mistresses on Instagram a month before the scandal.)

I honestly don't really care for Austin's and Jericho's too much. Austin has a great voice in his podcast but too much filler and topics that don't interest me. I know it's his show so he could say whatever he wants, but I don't care to hear about hunting, his BSR and shit like that. So I unsubscribed. Haven't found any really other fun podcasts to listen to because most are just boring, cut-and-dry and don't have the "shooting the shit with my friends" type of deal.

If I could recommend any two, I'd say Wrestling Soup and Solomonster. They become apart of your week as much as Raw, SD, etc

Yes finally! Always wanted to make this thread but I felt I'd be the only one posting in it haha.

I listen to(in order from best to worst):

1. The Solomonster Sounds Off (best pure wrestling show because he actually reviews NXT, and LU unlike some. TNA too but idgaf about TNA)

2. Wrestling Soup (most entertaining show all around. Could listen to Joey and Mish talk for hours)

3. The Steel Cage (multi man crew shows are fun. Their WrestleMania weekend stuff was really fun too, especially because they all went and were all live with each other)

4. Don Tony & Kevin Castle (they're the OGs and I enjoy them a lot, but I disagree with a lot of what they say, they're more old fashioned so a lot of their references I don't understand and some of the harassing for money thing can be annoying. Still a good show though.)

5. Asked with Riv, Landin & Ed Wood (it's not really a WWE show..but they talk about wrestling in a more comedic, offensive and sarcastic matter. The show could be very offensive, and it's not for everyone but it can also be entertaining. It's annoying sometimes but you get used to it. I found them after the Seth Rollins dick pics leaked because they had a guest caller that was supposedly one of Rollin's mistresses on Instagram a month before the scandal.)

I honestly don't really care for Austin's and Jericho's too much. Austin has a great voice in his podcast but too much filler and topics that don't interest me. I know it's his show so he could say whatever he wants, but I don't care to hear about hunting, his BSR and shit like that. So I unsubscribed. Haven't found any really other fun podcasts to listen to because most are just boring, cut-and-dry and don't have the "shooting the shit with my friends" type of deal.

If I could recommend any two, I'd say Wrestling Soup and Solomonster. They become apart of your week as much as Raw, SD, etc

No Art of Wrestling? I'd have thought that would've been quite a well-liked podcast around here too.

As noted earlier, Eric Bischoff and Bruce Pritchard appeared on the latest installment of the “Talk Is Jericho” podcast to discuss the Monday Night Wars. Many stories were discussed on this edition of the show, but one that stuck out the most was the story of Hulk Hogan expressing interest to return to the WWE around the time Bret Hart was leaving the company to head to WCW.

Pritchard explained, Hogan’s deal with WCW was about to finish up and there were talks going on between WWE and Hogan. One of the ideas that were considered for Hogan in the creative meetings was to have Hogan pass the torch to Steve Austin and Hogan would be the main guy in DX. Hogan ended up signing a new deal with WCW but you have to wonder how things would have turned out if Hogan would have made the jump back to WWE from WCW and how it would have impacted the Monday Night War.

Also in the podcast, Bischoff & Pritchard talk about original n.W.o plans, Bret leaving WWE, Kiss & Gene Simmons and lots more. You can check out the full podcast here. It’s definitely worth the listen.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/original-plans-for-hulk-hogan-to-take-over-dx-group/

The only podcasts I've listened to are Austin's, Jericho's, JR's and Colt Cabana

Austin's is probably my favourite. The atmosphere always comes across as relaxed but he also manages to ask the hard hitting questions without being controversial and annoying his guest. I also like how he'll always offer his honest opinion on the current product and how he comes across as a huge fan of wrestling.

Jericho's podcast is alright but it usually depends on the guest. I might just imagine it but whenever he's talking about the current product, he seems almost afraid to actually say anything negative about it. (I can't blame him I guess, he probably doesn't want to ruin his chance of getting into the hall of fame.)

Jr's podcast is meh. I love the guy as a commentator but if cardboard had a voice, it would be JR's on his podcast. No enthusiasm what-so-ever.

The only Cabana podcast I've listened to is the Punk one so I don't feel like I can critique it.

In terms of favourite guests, I'd highly recommend listening to a podcast where Paul Heyman is the guest. The guy is a genius when it comes to the product and it shows when you listen to him talk about wrestling.

I also enjoyed Eric Bischoff's interview on Austin't poscast. Very enlightening if you're interested in WCW at all.

Jesus does every past star have a podcast lol.

You're going to love this bit of news then...

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair will be launching his podcast very soon. His first guest looks to be Kurt Angle and they may be recording the interview this week.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/backstage-update-curb-stomp-respect-coming-eva-flair/

Archived