• Smackdown vs RAW
    • Smackdown vs RAW 2006
    • Smackdown vs RAW 2007
    • Smackdown vs RAW 2008
    • Smackdown vs RAW 2009
    • Smackdown vs RAW 2010
    • Smackdown vs RAW 2011
  2. 2. WWE 2k

I loved the cartoon-style graphics of that one game. I don't think it was HCTP though...it was SYM. That was some brilliant effort to work with the capabilities of the system. They knew that it wasn't possible to make photo-realistic characters with the PS2, so they made them look like comic book art, almost. Might have been my favorite Smackdown game, actually.

Depends what your definition of "realistic" is. Neither looks realistic in the traditional sense...but HCTP looked like a traditional 3D game, while SYM tried to plaster textures on people, which made them look kind of like a comic book. When someone says "that Smackdown game with the cartoony-graphics", I automatically think of SYM.

Depends what your definition of "realistic" is. Neither looks realistic in the traditional sense...but HCTP looked like a traditional 3D game, while SYM tried to plaster textures on people, which made them look kind of like a comic book. When someone says "that Smackdown game with the cartoony-graphics", I automatically think of SYM.

Gotta disagree on this one. I always thought the opposite and said HCTP looked way more "smooth" and cartoony than SYM.

As you pointed out, it was kind of the textures doing it, but the legs and stuff on HTCP and the stage model just looked so simple, no "texture" into it whatsoever.

"Simple" to me doesn't say "cartoony" though. That's probably where things are getting mixed up. I've seen cartoons with tons of detail. To me, cartoony doesn't speak of a lack of detail...it merely refers to a certain style or look. The original Zelda game on NES was simple. Windwaker on Gamecube was cartoony...hell, even the Wii Zelda games are "cartoony". Then you have the awkward middle stage of the N64 Zelda games...(which is what I would consider the HCTP style graphics to be)...not simple or cartoony...just trying to be as good as possible with the given capabilities, and failing to look good one way or another. Looking clean and sterile, and basically lacking any style at all.

Shocked not many more people said WWE 13. :\
Attitude Era? But redone with the new stuff like EAS allowing Kane's BOD attire, more Undertaker attires, more HBK attires, retro Big Boss Man, ect. Also a lot of things were messed up on that game that are fixed-ish now like Boss Man was missing his gloves (EAS), Bradshaw didn't have a legitimate Clothesline From Hell (just Clothesline 2), An-Cole Lock is now Ankle Lock (better for Shamrock), New Stunner for Austin, new Pedigree for Triple H. I could go on and on and on.

Plus I mean come on that game had Mankind's brown attire with a proper entrance as well. Also I mean call me lame but I miss Brodus Clay and also Godfather could probably have more Ho's :D

SYM was my favourite of the original series so i'd go with that, it even broke my PS2 cos i played it so much lol, i think it wore out the laser or something.

from the newer games i would choose WWE '13 for it's awesome Attitude Era roster.

but for a new game they really need to incorporate all the best elements from all the previous games.

HCTP as that game was perfect to me. Each superstar felt exactly like they did when you'd watch them live either from being in the arena or watching on TV.

Plus they areas you could go like from the ring to the staging area to the parking lot to the locker room to time square was all awesome.

I'd like a game though that instead of recreating old games or eras in WWE History focused more on current WWE.

They can go back and look at things from old games. I mean I really want the 5-Way Battle Royal back and Triple Threat Tag Team match as those were awesome. Slobber Knocker too as I use that to test out movesets. In WWE 2k14's case after I had fixed them on the main roster.

Basically I'd like a game that feels fresh and exciting while using the current roster rather than flooding it with former stars to make some quick notes.

Archived