Mod possibilities and limitations?

GameGodOfAll

Now that it is FINALLY coming to PC, modamania is gonna run wild! But to what degree?

Stuff like entrance music and updated attires seem likely enough to add. Entrance videos perhaps? Custom arenas seems like a sure thing.

What about female CAWs? Not a CAW mode for women, but adding women wrestlers to the roster.

Would matches be possible? We know 2K *censored*ed up the options leaving out stuff like triple threat ladder matches or whatever it was. Could mods fix that? What about adding more than 6 guys to a match? Not sure if the game could really handle that.

Stuff like No Mercy has been modded to the moon because it is old and simple enough. This is a lot different, so we should keep our expectations in check, but hey, I ain't a mod savvy guy, so what do I know. Does anyone have an idea of the level of freedom we can expect, or is just not clear until we get our hands on it?

As you said, theme songs, attires, arenas, even titantrons are all most likely very possible and "easier" to add. Considering this is PC, there's also a chance for way more than 25 CAW slots so theres that.

There's also a possibility of unlocking managers as playable characters as well as hidden match types, although not sure on that one.

Buttom of line is, its all up in the air but in theory, there's valid options for modders to do some wonders.

long shot but recover the old moves from last year

That's near impossible since the animations are different therefore would create incompability issues and crashes. A shame :(

yet older animations work plenty fine in the game? all I have to say: svr 10

I wonder if people might be able to figure out how move animations work. Maybe some guys could make custom moves.

Highly improbable, unless there are some preexisting remnants of the Create-a-Move feature, you can't add moves that aren't motion captured.

I wouldn't go that far. Yeah moves are mocapped now but you can tell that some of the variants have hand animations to them, such as the pin for the backslide driver in the move pack.

I'm curious to see if any mods will be possible in terms of gameplay options, like male versus female, or other match options that weren't accessible in 2K15 that were previously available in 2K14 (I think tornado matches were removed? I never bought the game so I'm going off of second hand info from what I've read).

I also wonder if there could be a way to remove the stupid 25 CAW limit. Custom modded arenas would also be a welcome addition that was sorely missed.

I wonder if people might be able to figure out how move animations work. Maybe some guys could make custom moves.

Highly improbable, unless there are some preexisting remnants of the Create-a-Move feature, you can't add moves that aren't motion captured.

I wouldn't go that far. Yeah moves are mocapped now but you can tell that some of the variants have hand animations to them, such as the pin for the backslide driver in the move pack.

Actually, I've seen plenty of games have new animations and even models modded into them, so anythings possible.

20 bucks saids 2k will do something which would shut the game down if it modded

On PES 15 on PC the modder modified everthing. new stadiums, teams, faces etc

and on the start there is a pop up and they ask if you want the game modded to play offline or original to play online.

Fifa is the same (but less mod avalaible) and both Konami and EA can't do nothing

GTA is already modded. don't worry

and on the start there is a pop up and they ask if you want the game modded to play offline or original to play online.

Fifa is the same (but less mod avalaible) and both Konami and EA can't do nothing

but wwe could have a say they wouldnt want all tna stuff on there game

You already have TNA content in their game from the moment you create someone like Jeff Hardy or Booby Roode or download a TNA Impact arena from CC.

The only thing they will care is for you to buy the game. Whatever happens after, I doubt it matters for them.

You already have TNA content in their game from the moment you create someone like Jeff Hardy or Booby Roode or download a TNA Impact arena from CC.

The only thing they will care is for you to buy the game. Whatever happens after, I doubt it matters for them.

that different the creating entire matchs video arenas taking out everything wwe i highly doubt wwe would agree to let it be mod without some protection

that different the creating entire matchs video arenas taking out everything wwe i highly doubt wwe would agree to let it be mod without some protection

Seriously, you think they don't know their PC game would eventually be modded? They don't really care as long as you buy the damn game.

They aren't that dumb. Besides, wouldn't be surprised if 2K actually supports some modding in this. They know very well that the possibility of modding is what will make people get this game for PC in the first place.

I agree, if they would not want it to be modded they would never release the game for PC.

They aren't that dumb. Besides, wouldn't be surprised if 2K actually supports some modding in this. They know very well that the possibility of modding is what will make people get this game for PC in the first place.

I agree, if they would not want it to be modded they would never release the game for PC.

I'm 100 percent sure 2K knows that modding will be the big draw for the series on PC. They aren't stupid. The question is more of, how easy they'll make it. It'd really get them in our good graces if they pulled a Bethesda and released some kind of creation kit, but I doubt they'd do that.

Archived