DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something about a song being used in the film that was performed by a convicted pedophile. Saw the article in passibg but never read it

Oh...Gary Glitter.

Yeah...about that. I mean, that song is ingrained as part of music history. Especially in sports. Basketball and Hockey used that song all the time. You watch any sports movie from a specific time, and that song is going to be in it. Hell...I just watched Happy Gilmore two days ago...and that song is in it. It's not something that is ever going to be "scrubbed" from society. If people are going to have a problem with that song, then they might as well get angry any time a movie plays Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' as well. But, they won't...because MJ was a bigger name, and they all refuse to believe he was a creep, even though it was obvious.

A judge could have set it up back when he was on trial, so proceeds from that song went to a charity or something...but, that would have been something to tackle back then. No sense in complaining about it now. It's unfortunate that he should benefit from it...but, he did create it. Creep or not.

Is just a really weird thing to magically be offended by but then again it's 2019 and that's what happens v_v

In any case I did see the movie last night and it was pretty good. About what I expected

There's such polarizing views/opinions on the movie, damn.

Sounds like people who get bored with slow-burning, intellectual movies vs people who appreciate quality and substance over mindless action. But, I haven't seen it yet...so I'll wait and see.

I'm about 99% sure that I'll love it. And also about 99% sure that I already know the type of people who don't.

Gone and watched joker yesterday.

Man it couldnt be farther from a DC property if they tried, the literally only took names and nothing else.

Its completely unrecognizable as a DC related world, which to me it needs to be to some parts.

But still, the movie was incredible strong visual, in terms of acting and all...a unsettling movie that comes off very strong.

In the end it feels i dont know, a bit empty...or at least i left feeling a bit empty.

I feel no wish or need to watch it more than one time because it doesnt have much of a lasting effect or so.

But damn it was good.

Not as awesome as i saw many DC fans make it out to be, but a lot of the praise is deserved.

As for the "controversy", i do understand the concern of people.

The movie shows that a mentally ill person is feeling "free" and "Happy" when turning towards violence...that is a bit of a problem.

But if you start to go there then everything is a problem because you can influence many, not only mentally ill people with pretty much everything.

So i get the concern people have, but i feel like the media overblows it in terms of the general aspect.

Not everybody will watch the movie and suddenly shot people, no if you are willing to do that or even think about it...a movie hasnt driven you this far...you are broken way before that.

Anyway, its about the movie...a very strong movie that i didnt expect.

More like, people who don't like it claim it's incel-inspiring and/or justifies incel and white supremacy behavior or something. I can't take this seriously as they said it before the movie was out, though. I know way more people who loved it, and especially how it tackled mental health issues. I can take that seriously as they actually watched the movie.

More like, people who don't like it claim it's incel-inspiring and/or justifies incel and white supremacy behavior or something. I can't take this seriously as they said it before the movie was out, though. I know way more people who loved it, and especially how it tackled mental health issues. I can take that seriously as they actually watched the movie.

Maybe, i thought the movie did tackle mental health issues on a level that isnt "on the nose" and instead on one that made you think for yourself a bit more.

It was a far deeper take than i expected and had me really sit back and digest what i have seen.

Even now im thinking back about scenes and their meaning etc...so maybe my point about not needing to watch it again is wrong, maybe i need to go back a few times to really understand it on all its layers.

Jared Leto allegedly being upset about a solo Joker movie being made without him is hilarious to me.

I don't know if it's actually true or not. But, yeah...thinking about Jared Leto being all moody and sad that nobody likes his version of Joker is more amusing to me than it should be.

Maybe, i thought the movie did tackle mental health issues on a level that isnt "on the nose" and instead on one that made you think for yourself a bit more.

It was a far deeper take than i expected and had me really sit back and digest what i have seen.

Even now im thinking back about scenes and their meaning etc...so maybe my point about not needing to watch it again is wrong, maybe i need to go back a few times to really understand it on all its layers.

As someone who suffers from Mental illness, I think they handled the subject well. Also for people who are pissed off about the Gary Glitter thing, apparently he won't make a dime as he sold all his rights, along with his other music, along time ago.

I enjoyed Joker, but Id be lying if I said part of my enjoyment wasnt due to the fact that woke scolds were clutching their pearls for months, fearmongering about how this movie was going to inspire incels to kill only for the movie to not be about that at all. Made all of them look completely stupid. Maybe dont write a *censored*ing thinkpiece about how dangerous a movie is if you havent even seen it or even know what its about. Even better is that the movie is actually about healthcare and class warfare, which are two topics these neoliberal dorks dont touch with a ten-foot pole because they love establishment. I think its messy in the right ways. Im glad its not made by one of aforementioned woke scold detractors because their view of art is so black and white. Those types cant seem to fathom the idea that a protagonist can have flaws and doesnt have to be a model citizen. So, yeah, I think spite may have been a large factor of why I enjoyed this, but beyond that it was so much more gripping than any of the other superhero movies Ive seen lately. By the last act, I actually cared about what was going to happen, which is honestly more than I can say for most major studio releases in general.

Ultimately, its just kinda like a dumber, more obvious version Taxi Driver, but I think it feels necessary in the current age we find ourselves in. If this is the venue and the method to deliver messages like this, then so be it.

It was a slow burn, but, I liked it a lot. I especially liked actually seeing how Joker gained the following of his clown gang...because that is something that was just never addressed before. Movie reminded me a lot of Telltale Games' version of Joker. It was a nice departure from everything else.

Archived