DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it, I think they both look interesting. I get why Shazam is a comedy because it's a kid in an adult's body who loved superheroes who himself now has superpowers.

And also OMG BLACK MANA LOOKS GREAT

Shazam looks amazing. I like what they did with his origins in the film, how he boards the magical train to the Rock Of Eternity, only they made it an actual normal subway train, instead of the cheesey one we usually see in his comics. And the Wizard Shazam looks so awesome.

DC also announced that Batman: TAS is getting a blu-ray collection. Price is around $115, no release date yet, I'm definitely coppin' that.

Shazam looks amazing. I like what they did with his origins in the film, how he boards the magical train to the Rock Of Eternity, only they made it an actual normal subway train, instead of the cheesey one we usually see in his comics. And the Wizard Shazam looks so awesome.

DC also announced that Batman: TAS is getting a blu-ray collection. Price is around $115, no release date yet, I'm definitely coppin' that.

Yeah and I think Mask of the Phantasm and Subzero are included. Not the worst deal. I'm picking it up. One of my favorite shows.

And also I'm pumped for that Hush animated movie. One of my favorite books.

I havent read Hush yet, lol. There's so many Batman stories I'm trying to catch myself up on. So far I've finished The Long Halloween, Court Of Owls, all three parts of DKR (DKR, DKR, The Master Race), most of the New 52 stuff. And I'm nearing the end of the Knightfall, next up is KnightsEnd and Knightquest.

DC has changed the name of its cinematic Universe, DCEU is nomore, now its simply "The World Of DC". Lol, honestly, I kinda like it. Hopefully the quality of the films are improved upon as well.

I actually am okay with a dark and gritty The World of DC, at least when it concerns the world of Batman. If they're trying to compete with MCU though, DC should focus more on fun.

I actually am okay with a dark and gritty The World of DC, at least when it concerns the world of Batman. If they're trying to compete with MCU though, DC should focus more on fun.

Dark and Gritty Batman only works in small doses and in a cinematic universe you need positivity first, before breaking the characters

You don't need to break the characters to have dark and gritty, though. For the most part, nearly all of the Batman movies felt dark and gritty. It's a personal preference though.

Superman though can be positivity given what the series is all about, compared to Batman.

The dark knight trilogy is overrated. Highly. Batman begins was solid and TDK was a good drama/action but is overrated and TDKR was atrocious. And Bruce really wasn't that positive or hopeful. He whined and moped way too much.

At least he seemed to have a couple more layers in the new ones.

TDK trilogy is great with Rises being underrated but as Batman movies, overrated!

Christopher Nolan likes Batman's backstory and what he represents but he isn't a fan of the comics. His take on the mythology being in a grounded reality works but I need my Batman in a fantastical comic booky world.

Batman'89 and Returns are my favorite Batman movies. They aren't comic accurate but they at least feel like comic book movies and what I could see DC doing in alternate universe/else worlds stories compared to the TDK trilogy. Burton's Batman feels more Batman overall!

There's been more stuff actually taken from the Burton movies for the comics and other bat mediums than TDK trilogy

Batman is overrated tbh. Dudes been bland for years.

Edgy

TDK trilogy is great with Rises being underrated but as Batman movies, overrated!

Christopher Nolan likes Batman's backstory and what he represents but he isn't a fan of the comics. His take on the mythology being in a grounded reality works but I need my Batman in a fantastical comic booky world.

Batman'89 and Returns are my favorite Batman movies. They aren't comic accurate but they at least feel like comic book movies and what I could see DC doing in alternate universe/else worlds stories compared to the TDK trilogy. Burton's Batman feels more Batman overall!

There's been more stuff actually taken from the Burton movies for the comics and other bat mediums than TDK trilogy

I actually agree with this. Love Keaton's movies. Plus the animated series is one of the best shows and adaptations to me.

Archived