DC Cinematic Universe

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batman started out dark and serious! He didn't turn campy until the 50's, 60's, and to an extent the 70's. There is still some classic stuff from that time though as Adam West's Batman is still enjoyed today and 70's Batsuit is still very popular.

I prefer brooding, dark and serious Batman but Batman: The Brave and The Bold is one of my favorite Batman animated series and that one is based on silver age dc comics(50's and 60s)

, which is extremely campy fun

Batman started off as dark and serious though. The closest I've come to seeing campy Batman was Burton and Schumacher's Batman movies. Plus, Batfleck was pretty serious and grim in Batman vs. Superman, so it's weird he goes from serious to being a bit awkward and joke-y. Unless he went through a character development, and I missed it.

Burton's Batman movies weren't campy. They were dark and gothic with comic book fantastical elements mixed in but the problem was that most weren't accurate Batman mythology lol.

Batman Forever was 1960's tv show camp within a dark and serious tone. Batman & Robin was basically a live action cartoon though and it did have a dark and serious tone too but it didn't work like in Forever.

Batfleck in BvS was pretty near perfect but he should have been saved for a solo sequel and not as a whole new Bruce/Batman on screen. He was alright in Justice League except for that "I do not, not like you" line I mentioned before

They weren't that campy, just a tad bit.

Batfleck's character should have been explained before BvS, rather than be shown. I think Suicide Squad hinted that the Joker killed Robin, right? Wonder if they didn't really show what happened just in case they wanted to make a movie or have a flashback scene, since it looks like Robin's death affected Bruce tremendously.

He was too jokey in Justice League, especially when he was serious in the prequel. Given the threat and how worried he was, it felt too weird.

• 2 months later...

-Matt Reeve's The Batman will reportedly be about a younger batman and meant to be a reboot for the character

-Jared Leto is getting his own Joker movie

- The Joker origin film is still filming this fall with Joaquin Phoenix in the role

- The Flash movie will no longer be a dark story like Flashpoint but still set to be a time traveling story and will have a Back to the Future vibe

WB's film structure for the DCEU is a damn mess!

-Matt Reeve's The Batman will reportedly be about a younger batman and meant to be a reboot for the character

-Jared Leto is getting his own Joker movie

- The Joker origin film is still filming this fall with Joaquin Phoenix in the role

- The Flash movie will no longer be a dark story like Flashpoint but still set to be a time traveling story and will have a Back to the Future vibe

What the hell is that?

Don't know but it'll be confusing and it sucks. I really wanted to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Flashpoint Batman!

If The Batman is part of the DCEU, how exactly will it be a reboot unless the character gets rebooted first in Flash? If it's outside the DCEU, will Affleck or that version of the character return in the eventual JL 2?

Guest Shades of Cool

I don't even get why everyone hates Batfleck so much, I like him. And why do they think recasting everyone people hate will solve it?

It would be weird if they do replace him, based on the fact that they movies connecting to each other.

He keeps flip flopping on wheather he does or doesn't but even without him, the DCEU is still going and so I don't get rebooting him instead of recasting him for an appearance in the Flash solo as he was suppose to or for JL 2 or whatever film.

The Batman being in or out of the cinematic needs to be made clear

I don't even get why everyone hates Batfleck so much, I like him. And why do they think recasting everyone people hate will solve it?

It would be weird if they do replace him, based on the fact that they movies connecting to each other.

Hardly anyone I've seen on the Internet hates Batfleck lol

Most people thought he would suck, but were positively surprised by him

Guest Shades of Cool

I just knew some people did think he was going to be bad. I know I have seen at least a few people who don't like him. I guess I didn't have a ton of proof. :P

I know it's impossible but I really wish he actually use the established characters from the TV shows in the movies like how the guy who plays flash in the TV show also plays flash in the movie and so forth if they did that for Justice League movie they might have a better done a better in the theaters

Honestly I think hes my favorite Batman since Michael Keaton, probably because he is older and way more violent/grizzled. Hope he gets his own solo movie.

Still should have done this movie before Justice League

That's why I my opinion you should never do a team-up movie when you never met have the team before

Guardians of the Galaxy would beg to differ.

Still should have done this movie before Justice League

That's why I my opinion you should never do a team-up movie when you never met have the team before

Guardians of the Galaxy would beg to differ.
that wasn't a team up movie. The Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men and F4 are their own thing without solo movies

That's just being pedantic about what you considering a "team-up" movies. Team-up movies aren't a set thing. It's not a genre, it's a story structure and the story structure is the same. You take a group of individual characters and in your movie and bring them together. In fact, in Guardians they were ALL new and yet James Gunn and Marvel still pulled it off. That speaks to my point even more. You can definitely introduce new characters in a "team-up" movie and still have it be good and have them be fleshed out. It's just that DC didn't do an amazing job of it in Justice League.

Hell, they introduced Black Panther in what is ultimately a team-up movie in Civil War. I'm just saying no matter what you consider a team-up movie to be, they all still involve characters coming together and team up.

True. And you're right about Black Panther (and Spiderman) anyway. Just wanted to say that people like the GotG were never meant as individuals and therefore don't require as much development during the first movie. Especially not compared to the biggest names in DC, and therefore comic book, history. Still...They could have done it. Easily by taking advantage of the fact that these people are household names. But they clearly wanted to kill MARTHA and Thomas Wayne again.

It's different so you can add one or two people Spider-Man technically had a couple of movies even though it wasn't played by the same guy so I'm not counting Spider-Man

But half your team in movie never been in a movie before and you're supposed to be emotionally invested in them it ain't going to work

It's different so you can add one or two people Spider-Man technically had a couple of movies even though it wasn't played by the same guy so I'm not counting Spider-Man

But half your team in movie never been in a movie before and you're supposed to be emotionally invested in them it ain't going to work

If you claim that Spider-Man had a couple of movies before Civil War, so did the DC characters

Archived