DC Cinematic Universe

Affleck never left, he just isn't directing The Batman anymore. He's still contracted as the actor. Matt Reeves who done the recent 2 Planet of The Apes movies is directing, which is good because he's a million times better than Affleck.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching Justice League. Some of the CGI and action was terrible, some of the dialogue made me cringe and Superman continues to be the worst superhero ever created, but I actually found myself enjoying the movie. I had low expectations going in so that probably helped, but it was a fun popcorn movie to waste 2 hours on.

Guest Shades of Cool

Other than Wonder Woman, DCU overall has been pretty lackluster. Some movies are decent popcorn flicks, but overall tlhey're just dull.

Wonder Woman is good and I personally did like Suicide Squad too. BVS drags on for soooooo long, MOS is meh and I haven't seen Justice League yet.

I feel kinda sorry for Gal Gadot that she is lumbered with the rest of this franchise. She stands high and above everyone else. I like Batfleck and can't wait to see how Matt Reeves handles the character, but he's in the same boat.

Other than Wonder Woman, DCU overall has been pretty lackluster. Some movies are decent popcorn flicks, but overall tlhey're just dull.

Wonder Woman is good and I personally did like Suicide Squad too. BVS drags on for soooooo long, MOS is meh and I haven't seen Justice League yet.

Only Wonder Woman is worth watching more than once without getting tired of it, and possibly Justice League, but I have to watch it again to judge. Suicide Squad was just... meh and not worse mainly because of Margot Robbie. Aquaman, Flash, and Batman are Warner Brothers' main hope, especially if they're planning on making more ensemble films.

Funnily enough, they hyped Wonder Woman up pretty well in Batman vs. Superman, which helped the standalone film .

I will believe movies like Sirens, Batgirl, Nightwing, The Flash, Joker & Harley etc actually happen when there is casting news or set photographs or anything like that. For now, those movies aren't actually happening they are just notes on someones whiteboard.

Again, all news. It has also lost like 5 directors so the movie hasn't even gotten off the ground yet. Same thing that kept happening with the Gambit movie that Channign Tatum was or is involved in.

Batgirl was being made with Joss Whedon, but he's not attached anymore. These movies probably will happen eventually, but for now they're just notes and documents being passed through the studio system.

Guest Shades of Cool

I haven't seen JL yet, so I can't fully judge. I guess I'll do five but......I don't know who else I really can put.

Characters

Harley Quinn

Wonder Woman

Batman

Killer Croc

I feel like I could like Cyborg, I dunno yet though

Costumes

Batman

Wonder Woman

Harley

Deadshot

Cyborg

Wonder Woman

Harley Quinn

Aquaman

Flash

Batman

Only the first two characters are noteworthy. The rest are just meh, based on hype from the movie or just because. DC did a bad job overall with their characters, save for Wonder Woman. Margot Robbie made Harley Quinn worth watching.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching Justice League again, and damn, the movie's not as fun as a Marvel movie. I'm not too fussed by it, but a lot of the humor is annoying. Not a fan of them making Batman funny/more lighthearted as it just doesn't feel like Batman.

Archived