DC Cinematic Universe

I read a review that said Jesse Eisenberg's Lex rivaled Heath Ledger's Joker which was interesting to me because you can't really compare the two characters, but I was excited. Watch the movie and find out Eisenberg was basically trying to be Joker when Lex is not supposed to be all crazy and twitchy like that and it was very over the top and forced to me. Jesse's performance would be good if he wasn't supposed to be Lex Luthor. I read afterward that Bryan Cranston was considered for the role and I'm trying to figure out why they didn't go with him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a review that said Jesse Eisenberg's Lex rivaled Heath Ledger's Joker which was interesting to me because you can't really compare the two characters, but I was excited. Watch the movie and find out Eisenberg was basically trying to be Joker when Lex is not supposed to be all crazy and twitchy like that and it was very over the top and forced to me. Jesse's performance would be good if he wasn't supposed to be Lex Luthor. I read afterward that Bryan Cranston was considered for the role and I'm trying to figure out why they didn't go with him.

Same here. I didn't really mind this Lex but Cranston probably would've been better. They are going with a way different Lex here apparently. Very different.

I wonder if they're gonna do a bit of backtracking now and have Lex's dad be the "new" Lex, since Eisenberg is pretty widely hated. They kinda wrote themselves that possibility with Eisenberg mentioning his dad a whole bunch, and there's a history for DC movies doing this with the destruction in Man of Steel being a central part of BvS (which I believe it wouldn't have been if it wasn't hated)

I wonder if they're gonna do a bit of backtracking now and have Lex's dad be the "new" Lex, since Eisenberg is pretty widely hated. They kinda wrote themselves that possibility with Eisenberg mentioning his dad a whole bunch, and there's a history for DC movies doing this with the destruction in Man of Steel being a central part of BvS (which I believe it wouldn't have been if it wasn't hated)

There was a line in the scene where Jesse fed the senator that candy which said his dad put the name Lex on the company's name. Maybe inclining that this was Alexander Luthor, Lex's son?

People are saying how amazingly he acted as Lex, but he wasn't playing the right character. I haven't seen it yet but the comparisons seem pretty stupid, apparently anyone acting a little crazy is the best actor ever. Even if that's not what their character is supposed to be.

Yeah, best live-action Bruce Wayne/Batman yet imo. They finally let Alfred be the techie that he is too.

For sure. Bale was more "Hey, look at me walk inside the room with two models. Have you checked out my sports car?" Still enjoying his money, stereotypical billionaire playboy, and wants to do things people can't possibly imagine Batman doing.

Edit: Not sure if spoiler(?)

Affleck will drive to the party in a classic Aston Martin. It's sure to turn heads, but not draw too much attention to himself. Will still occasionally sleep with a beautiful woman now and then. Clearly, seeks a woman's affection. However, it clearly doesn't help much because he wakes up he still needs a drink. Like the suave mother*censored*er he is, he'll have some vintage wine and get back to work. He's matured but you can definitely see he's a broken man.

--

I didn't read the reviews (like I do with all movies before I see them) but I watched the "Sadfleck" video and didn't expect it to include the reviews stuff and was pissed. Basically thought "For *Censored* sake, Snyder. What did you do!?" I didn't even want to watch the movie because of it. It took me back to Fantastic Four which I walked into with an open mind regardless of the reaction and it was a shit-show. Anyway, I ended up going because it was my moms birthday and my family wanted to check it (and because I probably would have anyway). I sat there expecting complete crapfest and I actually loved it. Now that I've watched it and read what some people have to say, I'm completely confused at the reaction. Perfect? Nope, it still sure as hell isn't what these exaggerated reviews are saying. "It's so confusing. You'll have, like, no idea what's going on. I didn't even know which one was Batman and which one was Superman. They explained nothing!" Come on.

Wonder Woman won me over. She was the person I was worried about, not so much The Riddlex. First when she opened the files and showing us Cyborg, The Flash and Aquaman. Then when Batman was in danger and showed up and her music hit. I literally got chills!

I will not understand how on earth this has worse reviews than Iron Man 3 (which was all round positive). Especially, after that "hilarious twist" on *censored*ing The Mandarin. Really!?

They could've done the cameos better, instead of Diana opening an e-mail, lmao. She could've found the files herself first before giving the drive back to Bruce.

Also, Lex at the end in his jail cell might've hinted at Darkseid or Brainiac (probably not the latter) coming.

Wonder Woman's an honest women. She was just "borrowing" it and probably didn't have the tech Bruce had considering this was Lex's software.

I don't blame WB for teasing them like that. You don't want to put all your eggs in one basket.

Yeah you're right.

WW's theme though

Went to see it today. First time in 8 or so years I've been to the movies , and as far as the movie itself goes, I'm glad I did. The hour long build up was a drag at times, but once things got going, it was worth it. Only thing I didn't like was Lex and it seems I'm not the only one. When I think Lex Luthor, I think a big, middle-aged (usually black than to Justice League) guy. Almost everything about this guy from his looks to his personality seemed like the exact opposite of Lex Luthor. If he had been anyone else(like say Joker) he'd have been fine.

Now to catch up with all the other Super Hero movies I've yet to watch. Can someone help me?

I agree this movie was all over the place, and I can't believe anyone liked Lex. Annoyed the shit outta me.

Overall a good movie though. No where near impressed as I was seeing Deadpool recently though.

Now to catch up with all the other Super Hero movies I've yet to watch. Can someone help me?

What's the last one you've seen? Both Marvel and DC?

None. This is the first I've seen of either side. Though I have Man of Steel sitting around somewhere and from what I vaguely remember, that's more or less the prequel to this.

None. This is the first I've seen of either side. Though I have Man of Steel sitting around somewhere and from what I vaguely remember, that's more or less the prequel to this.

Yeah Man Of Steel is the first in the DC Movie Universe which so far is just Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. But if you haven't already you should watch The Dark Knight Trilogy.

If you haven't watched a single Marvel film then oh boy prepare for a Marathon. The order is:

• Ironman
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • Ironman 2
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • The Avengers
  • Ironman 3
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Antman

And then somewhere after The Avengers goes Daredevil Season 1 and 2, Jessica Jones and Agents of Shield. If you don't want to watch the TV shows it's fine but Daredevil is defiantly worth it.

Went to see it today. First time in 8 or so years I've been to the movies , and as far as the movie itself goes, I'm glad I did. The hour long build up was a drag at times, but once things got going, it was worth it. Only thing I didn't like was Lex and it seems I'm not the only one. When I think Lex Luthor, I think a big, middle-aged (usually black than to Justice League) guy. Almost everything about this guy from his looks to his personality seemed like the exact opposite of Lex Luthor. If he had been anyone else(like say Joker) he'd have been fine.

Lex has actually never been black. In Justice League, him and Superman have the exact same color tone, haha. The baldness does help throw you that way though.

Yeah Man Of Steel is the first in the DC Movie Universe which so far is just Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. But if you haven't already you should watch The Dark Knight Trilogy.

If you haven't watched a single Marvel film then oh boy prepare for a Marathon. The order is:

• Ironman
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • Ironman 2
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • The Avengers
  • Ironman 3
  • Antman

And then somewhere after The Avengers goes Daredevil Season 1 and 2, Jessica Jones and Agents of Shield. If you don't want to watch the TV shows it's fine but Daredevil is defiantly worth it.

Oh my damn. This is gonna take a long while.

• Ironman
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • Ironman 2
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • The Avengers
  • Ironman 3
  • Antman

Oh my damn. This is gonna take a long while.

Iron Man was great, but its sequels are progressively worse, at least in terms of humor. Captain America and the sequel are good though!

Archived