DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

I haven't watched the first Wonder Woman film...and I probably won't rush to do that. But, I will eventually. 

I have heard that WW84 is not very good...but, I will definitely be watching it for myself...probably sometime this week. In some ways, it's probably better to watch this one before the other one...because, most people say good things about the other film. I'm pretty good at tolerating nonsensical action films...so, I think WW84 should be just fine for a random "nothing better to do" movie. Then again...I had to turn Aquaman off when I tried to watch that. And I haven't touched anything DC since then. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Generations said:

I haven't watched the first Wonder Woman film...and I probably won't rush to do that. But, I will eventually. 

I have heard that WW84 is not very good...but, I will definitely be watching it for myself...probably sometime this week. In some ways, it's probably better to watch this one before the other one...because, most people say good things about the other film. I'm pretty good at tolerating nonsensical action films...so, I think WW84 should be just fine for a random "nothing better to do" movie. Then again...I had to turn Aquaman off when I tried to watch that. And I haven't touched anything DC since then. 

Shazam was pretty good if you haven't watched that.

Watching 84 before the first film seems weird. The first film is one of the best Superhero films from any of the big two. It's well worth the watch. And you'll at least have a connection to certain characters that reappear in 84.

That's sad, Affleck was great as Batman. Keaton's Batman still remains my favorite though, but I'm not sure I'll be able to say the same about the DCEU Keaton. 

WW 84 had a lot of questionable stuff, but other than that it wasn't so bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the end of the day, it doesnt change a lot in terms of the result.
We still will have a disappointing first live action DCCU.
And considering Snyder had all the chances in the world to do something really good, i doubt this snydercut will do what his other movies couldnt.

Worst is that this will be the first time the broad audience will see a live action Darkseid, because i doubt most remember smallvilles version.
So we will probably see a rather empty character that will be seen as DCs Thanos, when in reality, Thanos is a poor mans Darkseid.
The character has so much potential and i already know it will be wasted because there wont be enough build up or so and the character will return to the shelf until they fix the DCCU and come to the point where they will use him again.

Im happy for the (good) fans and that he can finish his movie in the end, but i probably wont be blown away.
But we will see, it will certainly be interesting to see how different this is from the Whedon Justice League, the trailers already tell you that its quite a lot.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:59 PM, ThreeG said:

What history is that exactly?

Of making flawed and messy DC movies imo, Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, hell even Watchmen to a certain degree. I love certain aspects to his movies but alot of it is heavy handed and excess for the sake of excess. I hope this is brilliant, I really do but if I'm going off this track record well...

• 2 weeks later...

You think if this is received well they'll allow Ayer to do something similar with Suicide Squad? I'd like to see what that would of turned out as if not for the studio meddling.

Got my fingers crossed for JL, hope it delivers. 

Much improved film, loooong but vastly better than the tripe WB served up first time round. It baffles me they thought the Whedon version was the one worth putting out, this is just overwhelming better in every regard.

It really is a shame, I hope the execs have  learned a valuable lesson and stop with the meddling, but I doubt it. 

Archived