DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it yesterday. Pretty good. Better than all the other DCCU movies they've done and most of the Marvel ones. Kind of surprised how much I like Gal Gadot in the role. I guess BvS gave me a bad first impression. Having a good director does wonders to the performances you can get from an actor.

I like that there were so many scenes of characters just interacting with eachother. The action itself was pretty good too for the most part. Normally I hate the whole slo-mo thing, but in this movie I felt like it worked just do to how intricately Wonder Woman moved. Also liked how Paradise Island had color which is such a novel thing for this franchise thus far. It was gorgeous and created a great contrast between it and our world.

I think the only thing I didn't like was the last 20 or so minutes.

The final fight was just so dull. I always have this issue with superhero movies. The actual fights always drag on a bit long and just aren't very interesting to watch. Only recent exceptions to this for me is probably Ant-Man because having toys in a child's room grow and shrink is just very fun to watch on screen, GOTG because it subverted the battle sequence and ended in a dance off, GOTG 2 had visually interesting shapeshifting sort of stuff going on. That being said I don't know how I would have done it. I don't know how to portray two gods fighting in a visually interesting way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trailer looked fun. Nice mention of Green Lantern -- or to be more specific, Lantern corps -- and the end has to be the boy scout or the green dude.

This trailer makes me forget that Ben Affleck may be leaving Batman/DCEU. :Buzzkill:

Trailer looked fun. Nice mention of Green Lantern -- or to be more specific, Lantern corps -- and the end has to be the boy scout or the green dude.

This trailer makes me forget that Ben Affleck may be leaving Batman/DCEU. :Buzzkill:

http://screenrant.com/ben-affleck-leaving-batman-dceu-response/

by the way the same people who started the whole Ben leaving, are the same ones that said WW was going to be a disastrous

Archived