DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

They're completely different jobs. I'd get your argument if they hired a guy just to design pants but the reality of situation is that they hire people to do costume and different people to do make up. I don't get why it's a big deal at all, let alone "repulsive". Who gives a shit how many categories there are?

There should be a casting category tbh. Being the casting agency that put together an amazing cast should be recognised.

Also yeah, a make up artist is different than a tailor. On a movie set make up and wardrobe are two different things and so they should be recognised at the academy awards.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/3cxixDgHUYw

Doesn't show a whole lot so people might actually be happy for once??

All I can say is, its so freakin' awesome to see them all together finally. Aquaman is the stand out of that trailer imo. I stand by my initial thoughts that he'll be the "Wolverine-type" breakout of the film's. Excited!

Yeah I didn't want to say anything cause I feel like I'm always bitching about that in both Marvel and DC movies but the coloring is just ugly. Bad coloring is just a big hurdle for me as far as movies go. It can really damper a movie for me. Take Gattaca. Pretty decent movie. Well acted, well directed, competently shot, interesting plot, but everything is so blue that the whole thing is just an eyesore for me. I don't hate it, but I don't like it as much as a normally would have.

It looks okay, but it's basically just another cgi cluster****.

Don't see it being better than something like Logan, or even Guardians or the upcoming Spiderman.

2 of those all rely on CGI too...

It looks okay, but it's basically just another cgi cluster****.

Don't see it being better than something like Logan, or even Guardians or the upcoming Spiderman.

2 of those all rely on CGI too...

Actually, all three of them do...(not sure if you were suggesting that Logan didn't?) but there were actually entire scenes in Logan when Wolverine and Laura were digitally added. Point is, they don't look like it. Or, in the case of Guardians, being CGI simply doesn't matter a whole lot, because it's a sci-fi movie. The Justice League trailer just reminds me of Transformers levels of CGI *censored*ery. It looks like CGI being used in areas where practical effects could have been used more effectively, and I don't really like that kind of stuff. CGI is cool when it's used moderately. But should never be in place of practical effects when possible. Also, I specifically said Guardians (not Guardians 2)...because I do think they went overboard with CGI in Guardians 2, as baby Groot looks like shit...

• 3 weeks later...

I know this isn't exactly a movie, but I just saw the trailer for Syfy's Krypton trailer and wow it legit looks stunning, when you think that syfy shows are usually trash. I'm legit excited for this wtf.

Kinda confused why they're using the old DC logo that was retired in may 2016 tho.

Archived