DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

In the extended cut, did they make the Joker/Harley relationship way more abusive?

I have only seen the extended cut, obviously...so I can't make any comparisons. That said, it didn't seem like there was a whole lot touching on that subject...

He used the shock paddles on her in the beginning, he rejected her a bunch...and he convinced her to jump into the vat of acid. Aside from that, he didn't put his hands on her or anything substantial. It definitely wasn't a healthy relationship...but he wasn't straight up harming her...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the extended cut, did they make the Joker/Harley relationship way more abusive?

I have only seen the extended cut, obviously...so I can't make any comparisons. That said, it didn't seem like there was a whole lot touching on that subject...

He used the shock paddles on her in the beginning, he rejected her a bunch...and he convinced her to jump into the vat of acid. Aside from that, he didn't put his hands on her or anything substantial. It definitely wasn't a healthy relationship...but he wasn't straight up harming her...

No not much more then what you see in the regular cut

The fact that there even are major awards for 'hair and makeup' is repulsive to me.

Just include that shit in 'costume design' or whatever.

Eh, it's a lot different dude. Make-Up is a lot of work and the people who spend their life doing it deserve to be recognized. Costuming isn't as similar as you may think.

If a movie wins for overall costume design...then the hair and makeup people should get awards as well. But there should not be a whole category for it. I don't see it as any different than having an award for "best pants"...*Censored* how much work it takes...it's still part of the costume. I'm not saying their craft is not valued...I'm just saying that it's part of something else. Cobbling shoes is a hard *censored*ing craft...but there isn't a "best shoes" category either. It's just part of the costume.

Wait...might be a silly question but when you think make-up, are you thinking like the plain make-up they put on an actor or actress? Or the intricate type?

It applies to prosthetics and shit. Croc for example. Or any of the aliens in Star Trek. Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if they just tossed that in with costuming.

There may be a period piece that has wonderful costumes but basic make-up. Or a film with great creature make-up but plain costumes. Maybe it is because I want to be a filmmaker and I know people who live, breathe and sleep makeup and props but I see the point to it.

I understand your view on it though.

They're completely different jobs. I'd get your argument if they hired a guy just to design pants but the reality of situation is that they hire people to do costume and different people to do make up. I don't get why it's a big deal at all, let alone "repulsive". Who gives a shit how many categories there are?

Archived