DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

They don't even put Martian manhunter in the comics, even though he's the most important member of the Justice League imo. He had his own series at the start of new 52 (everyone did...) but that died (like all B & C lister titles) then barely showed up here & there, but nothing major like pre-flashpoint continuity, and not at all during the current Rebirth.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mahershala Ali for Stewart pls. John Krasinski for Jordan pls.

... and Dwayne Johnson for Black Adam. Please and thank you.

He is playing Black Adam

Yeah, I've become accustomed to requesting that casting for so long... I completely forgot that it is pretty much 100% confirmed.

My apologies.

I'm all for who we got as Aquaman, and think he'll be "our wolverine" in films. But man, I can't help but think the guy that played Jamie Lannister would have been a perfect Aquaman based on his look.

I agree. Although I could totally see Nikolaj playing a villain someday...

I'm all for who we got as Aquaman, and think he'll be "our wolverine" in films. But man, I can't help but think the guy that played Jamie Lannister would have been a perfect Aquaman based on his look.

Oh man that is a great casting. I'm all for changing up Aquaman, give him some edge and cooler look like they have done, but I'd have loved a classic Aquaman look with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Yeah me too, I think a more manly look is better to get away from Family Guy etc stigma. But man, he'd have been so great. Hell, perhaps even he could be Green Arrow, although I think he'll be missing from the cinematic universe tbh.

His being a token diversity add to the team was painfully obvious (there were better options for that, like John Stewart).

Plus it kinda kills his character a little bit when they try to make it seem like he was a founding member of the JL, rather than being on the Titans first than graduating to League member.

The ironic thing is Stewart was added to the JL series due to diversity as well. Prior to JL, Stewart was a C-list character. The inclusion of Cyborg originated not with the Nu 52, but to the last Superfriends series from the 80s.

That would have been awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i don't think it'll make any difference to the overall outcome. Its not like he's directing and staring in a mob film where he's in a nice comfortable suit. Like TRIsetMaster said, he'll be in a tedious Batsuit.

Ben will have A LOT of pull since he's the Iron man of that film universe, he won't let them mess it up that much, surely.

Still think they should really sit down and plan out the DCU the way Marvel did. They have a general outline of everything before Ironman was even made.

They should, but, they're a bit too late. At least, that's what the suits in the studio will say. They can't wait or they'll lose money.

Archived