DC Cinematic Universe

Don't think a personal opinion can be wrong.

(:

I was only messing, but sure opinions can be wrong. I can say I think Batman looks like a bat, but you could think he looks more like a bird ... you would be wrong, no?

I was just messing around anyway bro :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not always a good idea to go with what critics say. Haven't there been few times where they panned movies that turned out to be popular and praised, and the opposite? In any case, I'd watch this just for Harley Quinn and Will Smith, if nothing else. Why are people giving bad reviews to Suicide Squad?

Not always a good idea to go with what critics say. Haven't there been few times where they panned movies that turned out to be popular and praised, and the opposite? In any case, I'd watch this just for Harley Quinn and Will Smith, if nothing else. Why are people giving bad reviews to Suicide Squad?

Then you're in luck, because I've heard those are the two bright spots of the movie.

Reviews in this era can really not be trusted.

Even if I was inclined to trust reviews (which I never have been)...the entire process of reviews in 2016 is even shadier than it has ever been. Too many parties with too many ulterior motives. And after the entire Batman vs Superman scenario, I'm past the point of giving reviews any sort of attention whatsoever. I heard nothing but bad things about that movie...watched it myself...turns out, people just had ADHD and can't sit through a movie that slowly builds its characters and story...

Every comic movie ever made minus Nolan's Batman

Meh...Dredd got a solid 7. The original Sin City was well received. Watchmen, etc...

Let's not confuse "DC movies generally being trash until just recently" with "critics hating everything that isn't Marvel". Not to mention, plenty of Marvel movies have been shit on thoroughly by critics. Truth is, DC based films (with the exception of the Dark Knight series) have been pretty lackluster until this new wave of films.

Or, just maybe Marvel are dominating the market for a reason.

Reviews in this era can really not be trusted.

Even if I was inclined to trust reviews (which I never have been)...the entire process of reviews in 2016 is even shadier than it has ever been. Too many parties with too many ulterior motives. And after the entire Batman vs Superman scenario, I'm past the point of giving reviews any sort of attention whatsoever. I heard nothing but bad things about that movie...watched it myself...turns out, people just had ADHD and can't sit through a movie that slowly builds its characters and story...

Really? People have legitimate qualms with the movie including myself which I laid out perfectly clear very recently and they have nothing to do with not being able to sit through a movie. I love long movies that slowly build character and I felt that BvS did not do that.

I tend to play wwe2k games weekly and they tend to get shit reviews. So reviews don't really matter to me personally. The film will gross loads, and lead to spin offs and sequels. Its all good.

It does sort of feel like DC auto get put down tho, like... avengers got good reviews and its dreadful. So each to their own. I couldn't care if others like it or not, as long as I do! (Not going to see it til Mon/tues sadly)

It'll take a lot for me to get over Jokers design tho. 4realsies. But Boomerang looks like a stand out to me.

When it comes to movies like Avengers...I think they get solid reviews because of what they are. Which is a kid's movie...largely. Critics watch it, and they say "kids would enjoy this...and that is the target audience"..."it's colorful, there is action, there are jokes...it has accomplished what it needs to." And then you take a DC movie that tries something completely different. It's more adult. It's grittier. Now it needs to survive as an adult oriented movie. It has left the shelter of the "kid friendly" zone. That's when it gets dissected a bit more. Although, I'm not sure what DC movies have been rated poorly anyway. Green Lantern? Definitely deserves a poor rating. The 2013 Superman reboot? I thought that got a solid 7...

If I had to predict the outcome of Suicide Squad...I would say there is probably not too much action, and the best parts have probably already been shown in the trailers (feels like one of those situations all over). That said, I don't expect it to be bad. I expect that I will enjoy it for what it is. But a lot of people probably won't...especially people who end up paying $20-30 to see it in Imax, etc.

Then you're in luck, because I've heard those are the two bright spots of the movie.

Sweet, I'm not surprised. Will Smith is Will Smith, and Margot Robbie looked good as Harley Quinn, but it's her "insanity" drawing me to her.

Yeah from what I've heard Will Smith takes a pretty basic, boring character with no unique traits and makes him into something decent. Basically like Downy Jnr done with Tony Stark.

Apparently, anyway.

Archived