DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk about anyone else, but I'm loving Jason Momoa as Aquaman I think he looks like the most interesting part of JL so far. I think that trailer was cool, but then again I said that for BvS so I'll have to wait and see.

Woman Women looks alright. Not really interested in her in general.

If it wasn't for the bits of black in Flash's costume, I'd dislike it, looks too skinny armor-ish to me. Maybe I'm just too used to the TV Flash costume

Looks like the Injustice Superman Regime suit, to me, which I also liked. I do like the TV suit, too, but I don't like that it looks a little too plain. There's not enough yellow on it, for my taste. Ezra Miller's suit is about perfect, IMO

*stands over here lonely as the only one who enjoyed BvS to the point of public errection*

*Says you're not alone*

I loved that movie, only thing I didn't like about it was Jesse Eisenberg

That's the exact same thing I hated too. He's Jim Carey awful.

Idk about anyone else, but I'm loving Jason Momoa as Aquaman I think he looks like the most interesting part of JL so far. I think that trailer was cool, but then again I said that for BvS so I'll have to wait and see.

I just worry he's too 'samey', cus everything I've seen him in (granted, not a lot) he plays the same type of brooding role. I'm interested to see how it works tho, as Aquaman is a really camp character so its nice to see a... manly? Version.

*stands over here lonely as the only one who enjoyed BvS to the point of public errection*

*Says you're not alone*

I loved that movie, only thing I didn't like about it was Jesse Eisenberg
That's the exact same thing I hated too. He's Jim Carey awful.

I just worry he's too 'samey', cus everything I've seen him in (granted, not a lot) he plays the same type of brooding role. I'm interested to see how it works tho, as Aquaman is a really camp character so its nice to see a... manly? Version.

Sure, he's definitely typcasted alot, but he plays the roles well and a big franchise like his might set him for life. He was great on Game of Thrones, but he wasn't quite on it long enough to really get that franchise under his belt. I'm not bothered that he isn't anything like the campy version from the comics. It's a risky change, but a change that might be worth taking in the end. Casual people laugh at Aquaman because shows like Big Bang Theory wrongly rip on him a lot and this is their chance to say "hey a guy who can talk to fish is actually pretty cool."

someone can tell me if spiderman is in this one?he was not in the trailer

He only has a small part, rumoured to be vs. Cyborg in a small scene.

Watched BvS for the first time today. I actually thought it was good and I'm not sure why it's getting so many negative reviews... unless that's based on the cinema cut and not the Ultimate Edition with the extra 30 minutes?

Batfleck was awesome and I still love Cavill's Superman. Eisenberg seemed like a shit choice at first but I guess he kinda grew on me towards the end. Still would have preferred them to go for an older, more serious Lex though with someone like... Bryan Cranston or maybe Mark Strong playing him. The only bit I truly disliked was the fight against Doomsday. Can't think of a single thing I liked about the whole scene.

What I found wrong with the movie.

- Jesse Eisenberg playing himself

- In a movie called Batman v Superman they fight for a total of seven minutes

- That fight could have been prevented with a short conversation

- It stopped because their mums have the same name

- The extent of the World's Greatest Detective's detective work was him clicking through emails

- Doomsday looked like an obese Ninja Turtle

The good parts;

- Batfleck was cool

- Wonder Woman was cool

- It looked pretty

- Batman's armour.

Honestly, the fight being short was pretty important to the story. The intention was to show that they were both heroes, and they only hated each other for reasons that they didn't fully understand. When they actually fought, they learned that they were on the same side. If they fought for the duration of the movie, it would have taken away from that "aha" moment. Also, there's more to "vs" than just a physical fight. They opposed each other through the whole film...in other, more subtle ways.

Got the blu-ray today from Tesco (supermarket) as Amazon didnt even bother sending it yet (it was released today in UK) so I cancelled their slow ass shit. Kinda glad tho as tesco had it bundled with Man of Steel blu-ray for £15 and you can't go wrong with that price for 2 films. I loved it a 2nd time round so I'm still firmly on the positive side.

Archived