DC Cinematic Universe

Why is humor so important? Iron Man 2 & 3 had "humor," and the movies sucked. But yeah, it was so weird how Batman told Martha he was Clark's friend, and how he somehow felt sad for letting Clark down as if they were friends for a long time.

I get that. The way I seen it was, after the fight and even after the end, batman snapped out of whatever kind of somber angry asshole state he was in. The death of robin or whatever the events were consumed him so much he was more concerned with revenge and punishment and never really gave Clark a chance. He just seen him as a threat. He was just not himself. I seen the end as an epiphany. Far bigger things going on than what he was concerned about initially.

Oh and my theory on lex is, he is the son of the Lex we all know. Alexander Luthor Jr has been used but never in movies really. Still kind of odd they chose to go with that character if that's the case though. If not, then I don't have a damn clue lol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is humor so important? Iron Man 2 & 3 had "humor," and the movies sucked. But yeah, it was so weird how Batman told Martha he was Clark's friend, and how he somehow felt sad for letting Clark down as if they were friends for a long time.

I get that. The way I seen it was, after the fight and even after the end, batman snapped out of whatever kind of somber angry asshole state he was in. The death of robin or whatever the events were consumed him so much he was more concerned with revenge and punishment and never really gave Clark a chance. He just seen him as a threat. He was just not himself. I seen the end as an epiphany. Far bigger things going on than what he was concerned about initially.

Oh and my theory on lex is, he is the son of the Lex we all know. Alexander Luthor Jr has been used but never in movies really. Still kind of odd they chose to go with that character if that's the case though. If not, then I don't have a damn clue lol.

Makes sense, I thought he was an even more jaded, pissed off person than usual up until he and Clark finally started getting along. Hopefully we'll see what happened to Robin, but I'm dubious on the Joker if they go in that direction.

Could be. Was Lex Jr. weird/*censored*ed up?

Makes sense, I thought he was an even more jaded, pissed off person than usual up until he and Clark finally started getting along. Hopefully we'll see what happened to Robin, but I'm dubious on the Joker if they go in that direction.

Yeah pretty much. He was from the earth three alternate universe and was pretty radical. He was in the infinite crisis storyline. Also was a genius, had powers too, and If I remember correctly he killed superboy but I would have to fact check that. He was ultimately killed by joker. Eisenberg's Lex is lex jr. But they're obviously changing some stuff up. I'll be interested to see if they show alternate universes though.

Saw the film the other day and it was balls. There were a couple of good points like Batfleck and the mystery behind Wonder Woman, but the film was spoiled by the trailers, it was way to slow moving with a massive emphasis on hyping sequels rather than telling a good story, the final fight scene was nonsensical and far too overblown, and Jesse Eisenburg single-handedly crushed the film with his goofy over the top performance. He would've made a good Riddler but as Lex Luthor he killed the character. The ending was of zero consequence since we know it's just gonna be undone when Justice League comes out so no-one really cares about it. There is a quote from Top Gear (of all places) that I can use to perfectly describe this film:

Theres about 2 feet where nothing happens, then a quarter of an inch where everything happens at once and the brakes lock up.

Might not be exact but you get my point.

Yeah pretty much. He was from the earth three alternate universe and was pretty radical. He was in the infinite crisis storyline. Also was a genius, had powers too, and If I remember correctly he killed superboy but I would have to fact check that. He was ultimately killed by joker. Eisenberg's Lex is lex jr. But they're obviously changing some stuff up. I'll be interested to see if they show alternate universes though.

It's gonna be interesting to see if they kill off Lex by using Joker and show Joker killing Robin. Maybe they'll either go with a flashback or do a prequel movie, which wouldn't be bad at all.

Anybody know if they've said when it takes place? Not sure if its before or after BvS yet. I can't remember the time frame but I can't wait to see the Batman appearance.

All the rumors and speculation I've seen points to Suicide Squad taking place before BvS, but I don't think anything official has been said.

Be interesting if the Batman movie will be a spin on Death in The Family.

Which solo movie is everyone looking forward too the most? I'd have to say Aquaman. I think the character deserves justice -pun fully intended- on the big screen and I'm a big fan of Jason Momoa.

Be interesting if the Batman movie will be a spin on Death in The Family.

Which solo movie is everyone looking forward too the most? I'd have to say Aquaman. I think the character deserves justice -pun fully intended- on the big screen and I'm a big fan of Jason Momoa.

I'm still legit looking forward to all the upcoming DC movies, even with some of the worries I have after seeing BvS.

I'm looking forward to Green Lantern Corps the most by far, since the last movie was a total let down. I hope they do it justice this time around as there's so much awesome material and characters to work from. It would be amazing to see a Sinestro Corps War or even Blackest Night somewhere down the line. I just hope they don't do another origin story for Hal or any of the Earth lanterns. Just kick off the movie with everyone already established, no messing about needed.

Im looking forward to Batman, Wonder Women and thats about it. In my mind noone will be a better Flash than the current one on TV, i worry about Aquaman since it took years to get him right in the comics. GLC could be decent depending on what story they use.

Im looking forward to Batman and thats about it. In my mind noone will be a better Flash than the current one on TV, i worry about Aquaman since it took years to get him right in the comics. GLC could be decent depending on what story they use.

It did take them years to get Aquaman right, but the movies don't need to do that. They already have the 'right' source material to draw from. I agree though, his character is harder to make compelling than the others.

I'd not paid too much attention to casting so I was really surprised by a super Mexican looking Flash.

Yeah I thought Ezra Miller was an odd choice. I'm very used to Grant Gustin as Flash tho, but Miller is a good actor so I'm hopeful. :)

Archived