DC Cinematic Universe

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this again today (had a free pass), and I liked it better the second time around. Maybe my brain knew to just shut itself off, I dunno.

I have come to the conclusion that it would have been a much, MUCH better film had they simply cut out all of the desert/senate stuff, which ultimately led to nothing anyways.

Always said Ben Affleck would be great as Batman. Movie still was pretty shit though. Really messy, tried to fit way too many plot points. They didn't even mention why Batman kills and uses guns. It's like his two main rules.

I have my own theory on this. (contains spoiler)

Batfleck used to be the Batman with that kind of principal like we all knew. But then the Robin tragedy happened, then he's stopped being Batman (like Dark Knight Returns comic), he mourn for 10 years for Jason's loss realizing that this is Bat's biggest failure ever. Then with the appearance of Superman which started the whole BvS story, he finally decided to made a return as the caped crusader, this time with a lot much darker & grittier persona and he broke his own principal. With the death of Superman, Batman feels like he needs to honored his death by using his old principal going forward.

I'm hopefully gonna see this movie tomorrow. Hope it's better than what people say - I don't trust the critics that much because they either tend to be dumbasses or have different tastes or overthink/nitpick too much.

I'm hopefully gonna see this movie tomorrow. Hope it's better than what people say - I don't trust the critics that much because they either tend to be dumbasses or have different tastes or overthink/nitpick too much.

Pretty much what happened in this case. All nitpicking. It's by no means perfect, but it's an awesome comic book movie with a similar pacing to a comic. An open mind and the fact they are trying something different than marvel is why I loved it. The ones that didn't just wanted a marvel clone secretly.

Some were legitimate bit most were nitpicky. Especially the critics. There were actually complaints about lack of humor. Every movie has problems even the great ones. But after so long it was pretty clear people were trying to find something to hate.

Also yeah his biggest rule is "do not kill and do not use guns" but if you seriously think Batman hasn't killed dozens of people before you're lying. :lol:

Plus in the scenarios it was basically kill or be killed. So I dunno peoples problem.

I don't think a lot of the complaints are nitpicking though, I think they're rather legitimate.

I was kind of saying in the sense that a few of the headlines seemed as if a little exaggerated or out to make BvS look shambolic.

Then again, it's all subjective. I know a friend of mine who disagreed with my 5/10 and rated it a 3, so eh.

I saw the movie. Not spectacular by any means, and I don't know what the critics said about the movie other than "lack of humor," but it wasn't bad either. Felt too long and that they were trying to cram a lot, as well as Lex Luthor. From what I know of Lex, he was never crazy or this odd, so I don't know why the movie had him like that or put Jesse Eisenberg in that role.

Ben Affleck was good as Batman, and Matt Bomer should still have been Superman. Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman kicked ass!

Batman's violence probably comes from his anger at losing Robin.

Some were legitimate bit most were nitpicky. Especially the critics. There were actually complaints about lack of humor. Every movie has problems even the great ones. But after so long it was pretty clear people were trying to find something to hate.

They weren't nitpicky, they were pretty solid criticisms. Kevin Smith broke down the movie pretty perfectly:

"“It’s been 72 hours since I’ve seen it and I don’t know what the moral of the Batman v Superman movie is other than, maybe, maybe, if you stretch it real thin, ‘Hey kids, don’t judge a book by its cover.’ Honestly, what was the moral of that story? Everyone was shitty to everybody and in the end Batman was like, ‘I failed him in life.’ It’s like, f–k yeah, you did! You tried to end his life!

Remember before when we were talking about Flash, and that is has heart, humor, and spectacle? [batman v Superman], I felt like, didn’t really have a heart. It was certainly f*cking humorless. There was nothing funny going on in that world whatsoever, but it had lots of spectacle. Like you can’t take that away from [Zack] Snyder. Boy, he knows how to compose a frame and how to setup a shot. Beautiful visual stylist. But you need more than just pictures. You need the characterization and these characters seemed off character, particularly Superman."

Why is humor so important? Iron Man 2 & 3 had "humor," and the movies sucked. But yeah, it was so weird how Batman told Martha he was Clark's friend, and how he somehow felt sad for letting Clark down as if they were friends for a long time.

I find humor in most movies even if it's inadvertent.

Two parts in this movie had me laughing so hard in the theater. One was when Batman and Superman finally fought and Batman was *censored*ing Superman up. Two was when Superman saved Lois from underwater in the collapsed building where she was getting the kryptonite, and Superman went underwater to get it, the movie cuts back to Batman for a second, and when they cut back, Superman was passed out underwater. I laughed at how quickly Superman passed out.

Two parts in this movie had me laughing so hard in the theater. One was when Batman and Superman finally fought and Batman was *censored*ing Superman up. Two was when Superman saved Lois from underwater in the collapsed building where she was getting the kryptonite, and Superman went underwater to get it, the movie cuts back to Batman for a second, and when they cut back, Superman was passed out underwater. I laughed at how quickly Superman passed out.

Well it was full of kryponite...

Well it was full of kryponite...
...yeah. Still found it funny.

Archived